Days of Future Past Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Which is where I get worried about the movie being overstuffed.

I've seen a suggestion on some other thread that maybe the movie can be split 50-50 and that an hour for each timeline should be good enough. Well... imagine if X2 (or FC) only spent an hour on its characters, and the other hour was spent on a different bunch of characters altogether who did not even have much to do with the other group.

I get your concerns.

But this sequel wont need to spend a big part of the movie presenting characters, like FC or X1. So the very first scenes on the future and past will go straight to the main plot.

With the 60's x-men already formed, on the school or wherever they are in the very beginning.

The development of the main characters will be during that hour and some more minutes.

This wont be a conventional sequel where there is only one x-men team and the 2 hours will be used to show all the things each x-man does. This is a two-timelines sequel, so we cant expect the same treatment to any of the two casts.

This is a crossover, so as such we have to watch it. The next team movie will have more time to develop better each character.

tumblr_me8rjdBCXi1qcs276o1_500.png

I can't believe it I'm so hyped... I wonder how they'll be tied together.

I can't believe it I'm so hyped... I wonder how they'll be tied together.

Considering The Wolverine is going to explore Logan's struggle with immortality, I wonder if Fox will pay that off (ironically) with some sort of futuristic death scene for him in DOFP. If the timeline gets restarted anyway, why not go all-out and show just how deadly the Sentinels are by killing all or most of the future X-Men?

My excitement for this film just goes up by the day.

I get your concerns.

But this sequel wont need to spend a big part of the movie presenting characters, like FC or X1. So the very first scenes on the future and past will go straight to the main plot.

With the 60's x-men already formed, on the school or wherever they are in the very beginning.

The development of the main characters will be during that hour and some more minutes.

This wont be a conventional sequel where there is only one x-men team and the 2 hours will be used to show all the things each x-man does. This is a two-timelines sequel, so we cant expect the same treatment to any of the two casts.

This is a crossover, so as such we have to watch it. The next team movie will have more time to develop better each character.

It's not about introducing the characters.
It's about developing them. With all the stuff that went down in the last 10 minutes of FC, it's not right that they would only get 60-70 mins of screentime. The plot and action alone will eat up that time. Why should they have to go 50/50 with the old crew? I imagine the final cut will be more 70/30 in FC's favor, but even that seems like a big chunk of time to devote to characters who already got three (in Wolverine's case, FIVE) movies dedicated to their development. In fact when it comes to Wolverine, after his solo movie this summer there will be so little left to tell about him that it seems like a waste to use him in DOFP when another, new mutant could take his place.

Before I get yelled at by the comic purists, YES I'M AWARE he's in the DOFP comic. Doesn't mean he HAS to be in the movie adaptation and play a major role guys.

Before I get yelled at by the comic purists, YES I'M AWARE he's in the DOFP comic. Doesn't mean he HAS to be in the movie adaptation and play a major role guys.

I think in this case it does.

All I have to say is Wolverines gonna snikt slash some Sentinels and its gonna be rad as ****.

I just feel like Wolverine being thrown into the mix is because Singer is super biased towards the character, and not because the plot calls for him. X1-X2 were Wolverine movies masquerading as ensemble cast flicks. Had Singer stayed on for X3 I have no doubt it would have been yet ANOTHER Wolverine movie. The character has these three films, two solo films, and he's being invited back for a sixth? Really? I dunno, I used to love Wolverine and when the movies came out he was my favorite character. But he has oversaturated the entire X-Men series and while his cameo in FC was completely fantastic and hilarious, he has overstayed his welcome.

I just worry that if Singer is picking Wolverine because "he's super cool!" rather than examining what he can offer in terms of moving this massive, hulking story forward in the span of 2 hours, he's not worrying so much about making the moving GOOD. Rather it seems as if he's making it a reunion of his old friends and favorite characters and/or the X3 he would have made if he hadn't done SR. If he's going to show favoritism, I don't see much hope for the FC cast getting their due.

And yet, if Vaughn was still directing we'd still be getting these announcements.

And yet, if Vaughn was still directing we'd still be getting these announcements.

I don't know if we would.
Sir Ian and Sir Patrick, yes.
Hugh Jackman? Not so sure on that one. The fact that he is "in talks" is extremely telling. If it's not in his schedule or if he's not up for it, I doubt they would opt to recast Wolverine, but rather just swap out the character with another mutant. If he was going to be a major character in this I think Hugh Jackman would have been announced alongside the other two. To serve the plot of DOFP, it doesn't NEED to be Wolverine. And it certainly doesn't need to focus on him. But again, Singer's track record of making X-Men movies that aren't somehow all about Wolverine isn't exactly great....

I just feel like Wolverine being thrown into the mix is because Singer is super biased towards the character, and not because the plot calls for him. X1-X2 were Wolverine movies masquerading as ensemble cast flicks. Had Singer stayed on for X3 I have no doubt it would have been yet ANOTHER Wolverine movie. The character has these three films, two solo films, and he's being invited back for a sixth? Really? I dunno, I used to love Wolverine and when the movies came out he was my favorite character. But he has oversaturated the entire X-Men series and while his cameo in FC was completely fantastic and hilarious, he has overstayed his welcome.

I just worry that if Singer is picking Wolverine because "he's super cool!" rather than examining what he can offer in terms of moving this massive, hulking story forward in the span of 2 hours, he's not worrying so much about making the moving GOOD. Rather it seems as if he's making it a reunion of his old friends and favorite characters and/or the X3 he would have made if he hadn't done SR. If he's going to show favoritism, I don't see much hope for the FC cast getting their due.

Have you ever read the Days of Future Past saga in the comics? Wolverine had a decent size role in that. Just sayin...

Have you ever read the Days of Future Past saga in the comics? Wolverine had a decent size role in that. Just sayin...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you had scrolled just a teeny bit higher you would have seen me write this:

This is still a First Class sequel. Things from DOFP the comic will need to be cut to compensate. Wolverine is a pretty good candidate for One of Those Things.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you had scrolled just a teeny bit higher you would have seen me write this:

This is still a First Class sequel. Things from DOFP the comic will need to be cut to compensate. Wolverine is a pretty good candidate for One of Those Things.

There is no reason why Wolverine can't be in the DOFP movie. The only reason you don't want him in is because you are either sick of him or afraid he's going to dominate the whole show. He was in the original comic so it's not like he would be out of place in the storyline. It's just personal preference that you don't want him in it.

I don't get the "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FIRST CLASS SEQUEL" complaint.

Did Shaw and the Hellfire club threatening to start WWIII prevent Xavier and Magneto from having screen time/development in the first film? That was the conflict they had to face. Its no different now. Not in any way, no matter how you convolute things to say they are..

I just realized that the Wolverine Origins Game ended with a DOFP tease. Coincidence???

[YT]w-qWaNC7b2Q[/YT]
Future stuff is at 3:25 mark

Last edited:
I get your concerns.

But this sequel wont need to spend a big part of the movie presenting characters, like FC or X1.

Well X2 did not need to introduce the characters. Would it be as good if they had to share their screen time with another group of characters and a completely different plotline?

Just because it is a crossover I don't think it means that the film doesn't need to have what -any- movie needs to be good. I realise it might sound exciting to go OMG let's have all these characters together in one movie but is anyone actually going to be happy that many of the characters might end up having nothing much to do?

I don't know if we would.
Sir Ian and Sir Patrick, yes.
Hugh Jackman? Not so sure on that one. The fact that he is "in talks" is extremely telling. If it's not in his schedule or if he's not up for it, I doubt they would opt to recast Wolverine, but rather just swap out the character with another mutant. If he was going to be a major character in this I think Hugh Jackman would have been announced alongside the other two. To serve the plot of DOFP, it doesn't NEED to be Wolverine. And it certainly doesn't need to focus on him. But again, Singer's track record of making X-Men movies that aren't somehow all about Wolverine isn't exactly great....

Oohhh boy now we're nitpicking when certain actors are announced, complaining that Hugh Jackman was not included with the first batch of actors, therefore Bryan Singer is just shoe-horning his favorite character in. Nevermind your homophobic rant earlier :o
Had Jackman been announced with the others I'd bet you'd be saying the exact same thing.

Most surprising film next year?
Hmmm.... he does realize that he's got KA 2 coming out next year as well right...? I'm more excited for that than "wolvey".

Besides, first they said that The Wolverine would be a stand alone movie.(wont focus on other mutants, etc)Now they're (he's) saying it'll tie in with DOFP?

......I'm going to need to read this script and it's last minute revisions as well.

Actually I take that back since he actually talks more about KA2 and writing Nemesis way more than anything Fox oriented. The Wolverine 2 comment came out of nowhere and felt kinda shoe horned in and rehearsed.....Then it was back to talking about anything else.

And LOL @ him saying that he's going to see the Hobbit film just for the Man of Steel trailer. Does that still even count as showing where your loyalties are since you're still buying a ticket?

Last edited:
My hope is we maybe get as set up of finally Apocolypse as the villain in X-Men First Class 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"