Wolverine's Box Office Opponents: 2009 Summer Movies

Man next summer kinda sucks. At least compared to summer '08. Wolverine is the only must-see for me. All the others just scream "rental".

That Transformers sequel will propably take the cake when it comes to box office. I guess the new Harry Potter is also going to be big. Both movies mean nothing to me personally.

Can't wait for summer 2010 and IM2! Now there's a movie that will conquer all. Including box office.
For me Wolverine, Terminator & Transformers are must-sees. The rest are rentals.
Did Spidey 3 slow down, too? I thought it made the most money out of the three? I can see why it fizzle out if it did.
It made the most WW, it made the least Domestic.

1) Transformers
2) Harry
3) Wolverine
4) Terminator
5) Star Trek

1) Transformers
2) Harry
3) Wolverine
4) Terminator
5) Star Trek

Next Summer actually looks pretty good. I'm interested in all of these movies. There's always the possibility of the GI Joe movie being decent.

Harry Potter's run his course. He'll do a big worldwide, but domestically I'm saying he falls flat. Transformers... I think the first one did all that can be done with the franchise for now. People got their Transformers fix, it was fun, but I don't think the general public is looking for more. Terminator's name has too much baggage now. After seeing the Star Trek trailer, I think THAT is what people are going to be looking forward to next summer.

So, what I'm saying is... Wolverine's gonna do a lot better than you guys think, in my opinion!

Next Summer actually looks pretty good. I'm interested in all of these movies. There's always the possibility of the GI Joe movie being decent.

Ah... G.I. Joe. It has like zero competition and they put a ton of money into it... but it could still be terrible and probably will be.

Harry Potter's run his course. He'll do a big worldwide, but domestically I'm saying he falls flat. Transformers... I think the first one did all that can be done with the franchise for now. People got their Transformers fix, it was fun, but I don't think the general public is looking for more. Terminator's name has too much baggage now. After seeing the Star Trek trailer, I think THAT is what people are going to be looking forward to next summer.

So, what I'm saying is... Wolverine's gonna do a lot better than you guys think, in my opinion!

Potter I think will do very well. Simply put; it looks much more impressive than the last. I think 2012 will flop and leave Potter in a good place to clean up. Transformers will own. I actually don't think people did get their fill of it. Neither of those are in direct competition with Wolverine though. Terminator is definitely more of a threat, but you could be right about the name having too much baggage. Wolverine has some marketing catch up to do with Trek.

Considering the fan revolt when Harry Potter was moved to next summer, I would completely disagree with that assessment. HP is going to be huge, as will Transformers. Just the kid audience alone for Transformers should give it a good box office run.

I think Star Trek's box office prospects are looking better and better since that trailer was released. Terminator I'm not so sure.

Wolverine will do fine as long as the movie's good.

I think Star Trek's box office prospects are looking better and better since that trailer was released. Terminator I'm not so sure.

Wolverine will do fine as long as the movie's good.

I wasn't really sure what to expect about Star Trek until I saw the trailer. All I can saw is wow. Wolverine better turn out to be very good because Trek is going to give it a run for it's money. I never thought the day would come when I'd hear many nontrekie fans express excitement for one of these films.

I think Wolverine will definitely finish in the top 5 domestically but with all these film's having so little promo right now it's hard to say more than that. I expect Transformers to be #1 though.

Wolverine's run time is gonna be interesting but I think critics will be easier on due to Jackman being so well liked and instead will save their full fury for GI Joe, the critics love a whipping boy every summer and that one has the bullseye.

Personally I like the less loaded summer and there are at least 4 must sees for me.

Transformers is so gonna cash in because Megan Fox is the eye candy i think wolverine will get 2nd or third.

I think Wolverine will definitely finish in the top 5 domestically but with all these film's having so little promo right now it's hard to say more than that. I expect Transformers to be #1 though.

Wolverine's run time is gonna be interesting but I think critics will be easier on due to Jackman being so well liked and instead will save their full fury for GI Joe, the critics love a whipping boy every summer and that one has the bullseye.

Personally I like the less loaded summer and there are at least 4 must sees for me.

Sadly poor Indy got it this year. :(

The whipping boy will be G.I. Joe or Transformers, maybe Star Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"