Women Of The MCU

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by queendarkness12, Jan 21, 2015.

1. queendarkness12

queendarkness12 The Queenmaker

I'm glad to see Elektra being introduced in DD S2 and Jessica Jones with her own show.

I'm not familiar with Jessica Jones, but I might end up liking the show afterwards.

2. gildedmuse

gildedmuse Snark Is A Superpower

I know we're no where near casting for Iron Fist, but I really, really, really need Knight and Wing.

I think that while, yes, Marvel films could use some more diversity, they have done a good job at having a variety of woman. Hope is different than Pepper even though both are strong woman working for a huge technology company. May, Skye, and Jemma are all very different types of people (and the TV side doesn't get enough credit whenever the lack of female presence in the MCU is brought up). That' one of the reasons increased representation of woman and minorities is so important. If you've only got one female character she has to represent half the population. But the more and more woman you have the more you can do with the character.

3. Blind_Lawyer

Blind_Lawyer Full Blown Murdock

I really would like to see Shulkie, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing join the MCU. Given what Netflix is doing, the chances of Misty and Colleen showing up are pretty good.

She-Hulk? I really like this character and find her much more interesting and entertaining than her cousin. But I'm not sure the general audience is ready for what will most likely be perceived as a "girl Hulk rip off." I think for a She-Hulk movie or series to work, it would have to be flawless to attract the general public.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Tigra, Jessica Drew, and Black Cat. With the whole HYDRA/SHIELD takeover thing that happened in the MCU, it seems perfect to bring Jessica Drew into the fold. It might be too late to make it seamless now though.

And I think Echo, Lady Bullseye and Typhoid Mary could fit into the Daredevil Netflix show.

4. MbJ

MbJ Registered

It's early but I'd like to see White Fox pop up at some point.

Really hoping on Misty Knight and Colleen Wing in Iron Fist. Is Devon Aoki doing anything?

5. NotSoLongAgo

NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

I was watching IM the other day and it surprised me how dumb Pepper becomes at the end of the movie. It's actually cringe-worthy. It seems intentional but I dont see why it would be.

Anyway, I hope to see Jessica Drew soon played by Sharni Vinson of You're Next fame
    [​IMG]

6. KingCheops

KingCheops Registered

No love for Dotti? Black Widow's training ain't got nothing on the old-school Soviet training methods. I bet Natasha doesn't even handcuff herself to her bed just to sleep comfortably.

7. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-teases-announcements-about-more-female-mcu-directors/

I assume he means a possible announcement on who is directing black widow but it sounds like there might be some other cool choices too. I wonder who he’s been chatting to?

8. samsnee

samsnee Ok

This article frustrates the hell out of me.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgames-women-deserved-more-1834388344

Was THAT moment in Endgame pandering a little bit? Yes. But I read this great tweet from a dad who thought the same, and then he looked over to his little girl who only gave an enthusiastic YES and was excited. I think people forget these movies are made for all ages, not just the adults who wrote thought pieces like the trash above.

The gist of the article basically says the movie did too much focusing on the men, specifically the original Avengers. The women were there just to prop them up. I didn’t get that vibe at all. The intent of the movie was to give the original six more focus since it will be their last movie together. I understand people want Marvel to be more diverse, both in front of and behind the camera. But these things just don’t happen overnight.

Stormborn likes this.
  9. harlequinade

harlequinade The May Queen

A friend saw it and said a little boy who was seated next to her yelled "IT'S ALL THE GIRLS!" all happy at that moment.

This is what's important here. Getting kids to see those moments and hopefully soon they will be norm and not exception.

10. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I loved that scene. You know what we need now?

A similar scene with all the women supervillains united

THORin likes this.
  11. harlequinade

RDJ hosted a lunch for them <3

THORin likes this.
  12. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

They could introduce Jennifer Kale or Victoria Montesi from their supernatural groups Legion of Night/Darkhold Redeemers as a supporting character in Hulu's upcoming Ghost Rider/Hellstrom shows if they want to add a little more female LGBT representation to the MCU.

13. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I've long hoped for a Nightstalkers/Borderline Investigations adaptation for TV or streaming. . . with the proviso that the team desperately needs to not be a sausage fest, and there are a bunch of suitable female supernatural characters who could be included. Jennifer Kale tops the list.

14. Bayne

Bayne Registered

I'm going to limit my comments to the movies because I have no access to several of the tv shows and I'm no longer convinced that all of the shows are 'really' in the MCU world, anyway.

My favorites so far are:

1) Scarlet Witch
    2) Nebula
    3) Shuri
    4) Okoye
    5) Valkyrie
    6) Captain Marvel
    7) Wasp
    8) Gamora
    9) Pepper
    10) Black Widow

The one's I really, really want to see in future films are:

1) Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    2) Songbird
    3) Ironheart
    4) Squirrel Girl
    5) Spider Gwen

15. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Satanna is going to be in the Hellstrom show.

Would like to see Elsa Bloodstone in the MCU as well one day. Bloodstone has a distinct personality that is very entertaining.

eon001 likes this.
  16. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

My fav is Black Widow.

Hoping to see soon: Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Invisible Woman, Polaris, Emma Frost, etc..

17. harlequinade

18. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I can’t wait for that table to become even more full

THORin likes this.
  19. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Female characters who I want to see?

Madame Masque (she won't be present for a while since it would require bringing Tony Stark back to life and would also likely require that Spider-Man fight Silvermane first. Same goes for Firebrand as a jobber.)
    Silverclaw (Plz for Avengers 5)
    Diamondback (Plz if Falcon and Winter Soldier gets renewed)
    Monica Lynne and Shana the She-Devil (Plz for Black Panther 2)
    Princess Zanda and Madame Slay (Plz if we ever get a Black Panther 3)
    Moondragon (plz for Guardians 3)
    Martyr (plz for Guardians 3)
    Nikki Gold (plz for Guardians 3)
    Adora (plz for Guardians 3)
    Ally Jones, Roxanne Simpson and Jennifer Kale (Plz for Ghost Rider)
    Spectrum (plz for Captain Marvel 2)
    Ms. Marvel (plz for Captain Marvel 2)
    She-Hulk (plz let that Hulu series be real and let her be in Avengers 5)
    Enchantress (plz for Thor 4)
    Samantha Parrington (if Valkyrie gets her own spin-off movie or show after Thor 4)
    Storm, Rogue, Jean Grey, Cecelia Reyes, Psylocke, Shadowcat and Omega Sentinel (plz for X-Men)
    Invisible Woman (Plz for Fantastic Four)
    Rachel Van Helsing and Elsa Bloodstone (Plz if Blade ever gets off the ground)
    Vindicator, Snowbird and Aurora (Plz for Alpha Flight)
    Polaris, Layla Miller, Val Cooper and Mystique (Plz for X-Factor)
    Domino and Siryn (Plz for X-Force)
    Emma Frost, Mirage, Karma, Wolfsbane, Magma, Magik, Jubilee, M, Penance, Gaia, Surge, Wind Dancer, Mercury, Kiden Nixon, Pixie, X-23 and Dust (Plz for New Mutants)
    America Chavez and Ironheart (Let them join Kate Bishop and Stature)
    Finess and Hazmat (Plz for Avengers Academy)
    Joystick (Plz introduce in Spider-Man 3 and make her join the Thunderbolts)
    Moonstone (Plz for Captain Marvel 2 and make her join the Thunderbolts)
    Songbird (Plz anywhere and then make her join the Thunderbolts)
    Sin (Plz for the first Thunderbolts villain)
    Mercy and Titania (plz if the Hulk Disney+ series gets renewed)
    Deathbird (Plz if we get a Ravagers movie)
    Spider-Queen (Plz if we get more Spider-Man films and the Sony deal gets renewed)
    Selene and Bianca La Neige (Plz for New Mutants villains)
    Cassandra Nova (Plz for X-Men villain)
    Spiral (Plz for X-Factor villain)
    Sunset Bain (Plz introduce her anywhere)

And more Rescue. We need more Rescue.

#44 Dasher10, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  20. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Which female characters haven’t we seen yet that would be cool for a team up?

Enchantress
    Cassandra nova
    Mystique
    Moonstone
    Deathbird

21. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

X-Woman: Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Dazzler, Polaris, Emma

22. Nathan_Koren

Nathan_Koren Master of....something Marvel related?

My fave x woman is Jean Grey followed by Psylocke, Enchantress...man if she wasnt Hope/Wasp, i feel Evie would make a great Jean. Crazy but if she could be merged with the Phoenix, what ya get? A Phoenix with Wasp wings ...fiery wasp wings. Lol. Im laughing at myself for imagining this idea that i know wont work on film. Lets just say for now, Evie is the best version of Hope/Wasp there is in the MCU.

23. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

You know who we really need? White tiger

24. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

I won't mention any that are for sure and likely... mainly my favorite X-Ladies, but I've always lked the character of:
    Lilith... Mother of Demons.

25. Relugus

Relugus Registered

It was awful because it so clearly resembled a "Harem scene" where the implication was that the women were all there because of Peter Parker, who got more dialogue than the women, most of whom stood around him silently as if thet were his wives. Creepy male fantasy.

Why would Wanda, visibly corrupted by her magic and literally turning into a demon, on a mission to avenge Vision and kill Thanos, suddenly lose her bloodlust?

Why would Hope so casually abandon Scott who she was supposed to be helping?

Are these characters, or robots who can be moved anywhere without concern for characterization?