Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing somewhere in the 60's. Like 65-67%

get

Ah, this reminds me... I made two more. :D

source.gif

source.gif

This is Genius. :funny:

Early Twitter reactions have led to poor RT scores, but they've also led to amazing RT scores. It's a coin toss at this point for me. I'm hoping it beats MOS' score, so I'm going to say 60's, which would be refreshing for the DCeU at this point.

Early Twitter reactions have led to poor RT scores, but they've also led to amazing RT scores. It's a coin toss at this point for me. I'm hoping it beats MOS' score, so I'm going to say 60's, which would be refreshing for the DCeU at this point.

This is a press screening, the previous ones were fan screenings. Big difference.

If they lift embargo on 31st, then I don't think 65 % rating is possible (it will be lower than that.), But I could be wrong.

May 31st and the movies is released one day later? That's not a good sign...

How would you not? It's common knowledge that the closer the embargo is to the release, the more chances the movie will be bad. It's pretty standard issue for reviews.

WB always had late embargo's. Mad Max was embargoed till May 12 & Fantastic Beasts only had the embargo lifted 4 days before the movie.

And so did BvS and SS and we know what happened. if WB really believed in the movie, they would do anything to generate positive buzz and to show that this is not like the other DCEU films. The movie needs prositive response more than ever and they put the embargo on the same amount of time like the others critically panned DCEU films.

Does that show confidence to you? Critics have seen the film. Why didn't they tweet their reactions? Why did WB tell me not to tweet and to only say that they saw the film? Isn't the DCEU in desperate need of some positive feedback?

But so far at least from what I have heard...early reviews of Wonder Woman are positive so with positive reviews garnering positive praise I can say that this DCEU film looks promising

I'll never understand the point of screening a film 3 weeks out only to lift the embargo 2 days before? It makes little sense for critics to be sitting on information all that time, it just increases the chance that information gets out before the embargo. If you allow them to give 'impressions' to the point in which you can interpret whether they liked the film or not, then quit dinking around and let them release full reviews. I said the same for Vol. 2.

Last edited:
And so did BvS and SS and we know what happened. if WB really believed in the movie, they would do anything to generate positive buzz and to show that this is not like the other DCEU films. The movie needs prositive response more than ever and they put the embargo on the same amount of time like the others critically panned DCEU films.

Does that show confidence to you? Critics have seen the film. Why didn't they tweet their reactions? Why did WB tell me not to tweet and to only say that they saw the film? Isn't the DCEU in desperate need of some positive feedback?

What would be the point to feedback this early? No one will remember 5 days from now let alone on the 1st.

And tweets are always embargoed. it isnt just a WB thing or a "bad movie" thing.

If WB had no confidence in the movie it would make more sense to wait to show critics until closer to the premiere. They have zero incentive to show it now if they dont think it will do well.

I'll never understand the point of screening a film 3 weeks out only to lift the embargo 2 days before? It makes little sense for critics to be sitting on information all that time, it just increases the chance that information gets out before the embargo. If you allow them to give 'impressions' to the point in which you can interpret whether they liked the film or not, then quit dinking around and let them release full reviews. I said the same for Vol. 2.

Well these days...it is just to stroke their egos and make them feel super important. In reality it is stupid.

But I think honestly WB/DC they should have waited until June 1st the day before and then put the movie out

http://dccomicsmovie.com/wonder-woman-los-angeles-premiere-happening-may-25th/

"’s also being reported that soon after the premiere the embargo for the reviews for the film will be also lifted, if those reports are accurate, the Wonder Woman’s reviews will be up a week prior to the film’s release date on June 2nd."

That report was 3 weeks ago, and one of the tweets this week said they might lift it earlier, so in other words, nobody knows the exact embargo date, 31/5 for now, but obviously WB will make a decision after the critics have seen it the next few days/weeks.

The fair and balanced reviewers are busy sharpening their knives as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"