Wonder Woman Script

Once again, the less forced coincidences in a script, the better.

You can't have Wonder Woman without the gods. You can't have The Flash without the speed force. And as I asked before, why should we believe you about this script?

Once again, the less forced coincidences in a script, the better.

And the bacteria is the detention of forced.

It's a genre movie. A comic movie. It shouldn't be realistic. It's fantastical. Fictional. It should be out of this world. An island of amazons can work just the way aliens from another planet work.

Man, just get Whedonsscript back. I'm sure it was good.

Well, going off of that, think about Nolan's trilogy. How much were bats REALLY involved?

Quite a bit, actually.

Though Catwoman really had nothing to do with cats. And that wasn't really a plus for me either.

I understand wanting to make a grittier tale, but I worry that filmmakers do this because they are embarrassed about the original material.

You can't have Wonder Woman without the gods. You can't have The Flash without the speed force. And as I asked before, why should we believe you about this script?

Someone leaking info usually can't give proof about who they are. Just take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

I know it's not ideal. I think that creating MOS the way they did is what created this pressure on writers.

And as far as the script goes, I'm not quite sure I follow you, I'm not going to disclose who I work for if that's what you mean. I just thought it would be nice to share. Being a fan myself, its what I would've wanted someone else to do.

Quite a bit, actually.

Though Catwoman really had nothing to do with cats. And that wasn't really a plus for me either.

I understand wanting to make a grittier tale, but I worry that filmmakers do this because they are embarrassed about the original material.

That's exactly right, which is stupid, but people DO feel silly including stuff like that. A lot of people are worried it'll seem a little Clash of the Titans-y, which is also stupid sadly.

And well said about the grain of salt.:yay:

Why should WB care how "intellectual" the audience is? They should be worried about making money, not whether the high elite like their film.

Marvel seems to be doing just fine embracing their stories fully.

Well, going off of that, think about Nolan's trilogy. How much were bats REALLY involved?
They were at the center of Bruce's fear and his main inspiration
If they were trying to create a lighter, Avenger's like franchise, you would be right. But I think this writer's goal was to create something grittier that would draw a more intellectual audience.
Gritty isn't the same thing as intelectual, or else Saw II would be a smarter movie than Spider-Man 2

And the bacteria is the detention of forced.

It's a genre movie. A comic movie. It shouldn't be realistic. It's fantastical. Fictional. It should be out of this world. An island of amazons can work just the way aliens from another planet work.

Sadly that's not the way Hollywood thinks. And as far as the Whedon script goes, a friend of mine read it. WW sought solace in the "cruelty" of the world with Trevor. He said that it made WW look like she needed male security to survive. Weak if you ask me.

I know it's not ideal. I think that creating MOS the way they did is what created this pressure on writers.

What do you mean by "the way they did'?

And as far as the script goes, I'm not quite sure I follow you, I'm not going to disclose who I work for if that's what you mean. I just thought it would be nice to share. Being a fan myself, its what I would've wanted someone else to do.

Yeah, sure.

That's exactly right, which is stupid, but people DO feel silly including stuff like that. A lot of people are worried it'll seem a little Clash of the Titans-y, which is also stupid sadly.

Agreed. And though I don't like what you're describing about the film, sadly it is what I kind of expect from WB... they seem really at a loss as to how to adapt these characters to the big screen.

They were at the center of Bruce's fear and his main inspiration

Gritty isn't the same thing as intelectual, or else Saw II would be a smarter movie than Spider-Man 2

Right but they were lost after Batman Begins. WW certainly won't be a series of films. And as far as your grittiness point, intellectual was a poor choice of words. What I meant was that they want to be seen as more than a comic book movie and a fluffy, flashy film won't do that. A grittier, smarter script will. And frankly based on a lot of other crap that I read on the daily, this script wasn't terrible.

Agreed. And though I don't like what you're describing about the film, sadly it is what I kind of expect from WB... they seem really at a loss as to how to adapt these characters to the big screen.

Yeah. THe problem is everyone seems to think Nolan used some sort of formula. WHich is silly.

Well, assuming all you've said is true, thanks for sharing it. Its interesting. I hope this doesn't lead to any trouble for you.

What do you mean by "the way they did'?

Yeah, sure.

I'm referring to how skepticism of religion ran rampant throughout the film and they introduced extra-terrestrial life. Writers want to have as many unrealistic elements as possible. I'm not saying that's fair, that's just how it's taught.

Well, assuming all you've said is true, thanks for sharing it. Its interesting. I hope this doesn't lead to any trouble for you.

My pleasure! Like I said, I would've wanted someone else to if they were in my shoes.

I think I'll be fine considering higher-ups probably aren't on message boards and all agencies and WB are much more caught up in Green Lantern sequels and Flash films then going ahead with this one.

Sadly that's not the way Hollywood thinks. And as far as the Whedon script goes, a friend of mine read it. WW sought solace in the "cruelty" of the world with Trevor. He said that it made WW look like she needed male security to survive. Weak if you ask me.

I bet that's what it looked like on the surface but really I was man needing WW.

Im sure with tweaks, the story could work. And be a true, strong, feminist story.

I don't mean to get all heated. Is just.... WW is my favourite character and time and time again I see her treated like crap and just not the way she should be treated. She always has to rely on a man for something. Or another male hero. It's just.... It hurts lol. I'm passionate about this character. It's like a group of people saying what you like is dumb and just don't give it a second thought, but someone else's interests are always looked after and made more important than yours.

I bet that's what it looked like on the surface but really I was man needing WW.

Im sure with tweaks, the story could work. And be a true, strong, feminist story.

I don't mean to get all heated. Is just.... WW is my favourite character and time and time again I see her treated like crap and just not the way she should be treated. She always has to rely on a man for something. Or another male hero. It's just.... It hurts lol. I'm passionate about this character. It's like a group of people saying what you like is dumb and just don't give it a second thought, but someone else's interests are always looked after and made more important than yours.

I understand and admire it. You should write something!

I am heading out for a bit guys. Will be back in an hour. Feel free to ask more.

I think I'll be fine considering higher-ups probably aren't on message boards

I dunno... you might be surprised... I've seen people get caught before on SHH.

If you've signed a non-disclosure agreement it is best to abide by it.

Nevertheless, what you've said so far is very interesting. And the mention of WB actively focusing on a Flash movie excites me to no end...

The way WW seems to be treated makes me want to cry.

I'm not sure many people understand the character anymore... I wish they'd get Paul Dini or someone who worked on the DCAU to write a Wonder Woman movie.

I'm not sure many people understand the character anymore... I wish they'd get Paul Dini or someone who worked on the DCAU to write a Wonder Woman movie.

Once again, a true fan should write something. There are a TON of readers and even higher ups who want to be true to the various superhero's followings. It's really not a terrible idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"