• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

worst CB movie so far

ChibiKiriyama said:
I can't believe I forgot Steel's hammer-gun and Superman III/ IV. Those were travesties to film, much less the comic book medium.

I laughed aloud when I saw that figure at the Wiki. Not only is it a bad film, but it also holds a dubious record of only made up 1/16th's of it's cost. Suffice to say, I don't think anyone will be making a special edition for that film anytime soon.

What's the consensus??? Is this the worst film ever???

jrpstarwars said:
What's the consensus??? Is this the worst film ever???

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I'd have to say that while Steel is a horrible film there is worse out there. "Plan 9 From Outer Space" has a cheese factor of 1,000,000, to name one off the bat. The Toxic Avenger comes in at a close second for me. I may be harsh on Steel, but there is far worse out there.

ChibiKiriyama said:
Well, that's a matter of opinion. I'd have to say that while Steel is a horrible film there is worse out there. "Plan 9 From Outer Space" has a cheese factor of 1,000,000, to name one off the bat. The Toxic Avenger comes in at a close second for me. I may be harsh on Steel, but there is far worse out there.

What should be the criteria for determining worst movie ever???

1. Must have lost money. Any film that put's people in debt has to be bad.

2. Should be a mainstream type of movie. No B-movies or straight to video flix. Everyone knew they were bad to begin with, that's why they were not put in mainstream. Those types of movies were at least honest, they knew they were bad.

3. Would make sense for the movies in this category to be hated by critics and fans alike.

ChibiKiriyama said:
I can't believe I forgot Steel's hammer-gun and Superman III/ IV. Those were travesties to film, much less the comic book medium.

I laughed aloud when I saw that figure at the Wiki. Not only is it a bad film, but it also holds a dubious record of only made up 1/16th's of it's cost. Suffice to say, I don't think anyone will be making a special edition for that film anytime soon.

Superman III atleast has...

- Good special effects
- Christopher Reeve
- Awesome junkyard battle scene
- Big budget & high production values
- Great score

...which elevate it beyond the likes of Steel.

Kevin Roegele said:
Superman III atleast has...

- Good special effects
- Christopher Reeve
- Awesome junkyard battle scene
- Big budget & high production values
- Great score

...which elevate it beyond the likes of Steel.
It also has the lovely Annette O'Toole.

of this decade, the Punisher...

of recent years a tie between Batman begins/Fantastic four and the last stand...

biggest disappointments were spidey 2 and x2, they could have been so much more than they were...

November Rain said:
of this decade, the Punisher...

of recent years a tie between Batman begins/Fantastic four and the last stand...

biggest disappointments were spidey 2 and x2, they could have been so much more than they were...
please man come on now. those are some of the most popular movies ever and many love them. X3 sucks of course but not 2. and yes punisher was a little boring.

juggster-rules said:
please man come on now. those are some of the most popular movies ever and many love them. X3 sucks of course but not 2. and yes punisher was a little boring.

I think you guys hate X3 so much because you were so sad to see it go, it was like breaking up with your girlfriend on her terms for you guys. It's okay boys, it'll be back someday.

jrpstarwars said:
I think you guys hate X3 so much because you were so sad to see it go, it was like breaking up with your girlfriend on her terms for you guys. It's okay boys, it'll be back someday.

No...we hate the bad storyline, lack of respect for the characters and core elements, messy cohesion in the action sequences and attempts at finality which are all made moot by the film's final act. It's been obvious that we were going to get X-Men sequels since the success of the original film. 20th Century Fox is enamored with the concept and the success Wolverine supposedly has brought to the films. It was inevitable. What we who dislike the film didn't enjoy was the fact that it failed to give us the complexity of X-Men and X2, and had such a throwaway attitude to anyone who wasn't popular in the books.

You seem to think we are unhappy because the triology is over when in reality we're happy it's over and are wincing at the inevitable sequel which we feel will be even worse.

ChibiKiriyama said:
No...we hate the bad storyline, lack of respect for the characters and core elements, messy cohesion in the action sequences and attempts at finality which are all made moot by the film's final act. It's been obvious that we were going to get X-Men sequels since the success of the original film. 20th Century Fox is enamored with the concept and the success Wolverine supposedly has brought to the films. It was inevitable. What we who dislike the film didn't enjoy was the fact that it failed to give us the complexity of X-Men and X2, and had such a throwaway attitude to anyone who wasn't popular in the books.

You seem to think we are unhappy because the triology is over when in reality we're happy it's over and are wincing at the inevitable sequel which we feel will be even worse.

Sorry if this disappoints you but there is not going to be just one sequel. Likely another trilogy is forthcoming.

On a sidenote, the problem I think Hollywood is running into with the comic book films is that the rushed into it. They have 'painted themselves into a corner' it appears and are spitting out crap while waiting for the paint to dry.

jrpstarwars said:
we hate it cause it was boring and not alot of stuff happened in that movie compared to other CB movies. movie whent by fast as hell as well.

Curious that X3 is leading the charge. But I suppose more people from todays genreation have seen it and taken offence by it

You all forget captain america. Not only it was written,bad directed, bad acted, noth faihtful the the comics, bad special effects , etc. It was also bad edited. I mean, in one scene, cap's suit was dirty, and the next one was clean. Also, in some scenes when the shield is supposed to be flying, you could be some hand shoting the shield .

It was totally awful, not even a movie made by profesional people.

juggster-rules said:
we hate it cause it was boring and not alot of stuff happened in that movie compared to other CB movies. movie whent by fast as hell as well.

It went by fast??? They say 'time flies by when you are having fun.' You must have enjyed it.

mister Lennon said:
You all forget captain america. Not only it was written,bad directed, bad acted, noth faihtful the the comics, bad special effects , etc. It was also bad edited. I mean, in one scene, cap's suit was dirty, and the next one was clean. Also, in some scenes when the shield is supposed to be flying, you could be some hand shoting the shield .

It was totally awful, not even a movie made by profesional people.

Hey now... :cmad:

When I was a kid I loved that movie. Walked around with a potlid emulating everything I saw. It has a nostalgia factor of 1,000,000. Don't hate on it! :csad:

ive never seen steel but it sounds bad. Batman and Robin is awful but at least they put effort into it even if the effort was totally focused in the wrong areas and direction which turned it into a neon kid film. Elektra probably shows the biggest lack of care...x-men 3 was also awful..well not really awful just terribly dissapointing and i think i walked out of catwoman. why isnt blade trinity up here? its awful.

oh yah and you forgot superman 4.

jrpstarwars said:
It went by fast??? They say 'time flies by when you are having fun.' You must have enjyed it.
king kong was a good movie and it was long as hell. most people like them a little long.

mister Lennon said:
You all forget captain america. Not only it was written,bad directed, bad acted, noth faihtful the the comics.

How is it not faithful to the comics?

See red skull character, for example. some Italian guy with cirugy operations. Not bucky, not sharon carter, etc.

Kevin Roegele said:
Absolutely not. Elektra is decent, solid entertainment. It's superior to either version of Daredevil, certainly.

Same goes for X3. Yes, it was a letdown. No, that does not make it one of the worst films in the genre.

Batman & Robin, camp nonsense that it is, is atleast handled by a good director.

Catwoman is camp nonsense from a terrible director.

Steel is the worst of the lot, it's just horrible.
elektra one of the most boring movies ever. the only part i like was when she was fighting that dude at the end with the sword.

Jeeze, forgot about Steel..I kept seeing that title,and couldnt for the life of me remember what it was until I saw the pic of Shaq. That was a dumbass movie,just as bad or even worse than Catwomen.
These two films didn't even have remote possiblitie of being good..Elektra had potential,but the lack of good action kindof sux'd or the fight scenes were over too quickly.
B&R well, too comic bookish,this type of crap just don't work on big screen. All it was missing was the 'BAM','POW' flashing on the screen when they were fighting..
Catwomen,another example of movie business trying to capitalize on the comic book movie push. Just they thought,throwing Halle Berry in a leather skin tight suit would make ppl rush the theatres in droves,NOT..
Daredevil had potential to be really good,but it fell flat. I don't blame Ben or Jennifer I blame the director and writers, it was so weak of a story. The DD cut was a little better than original. They should of just concentrated on DD/Kingpen/and one other bad guy(bullseye or someother enemy). Also,needed more action/fighting etc...

mister Lennon said:
See red skull character, for example. some Italian guy with cirugy operations.

They changed his accent. Big deal. They kept his character and look exactly the same.

As for Bucky, well Robin wasn't in half the Batman movies. Does it matter?

Kevin Roegele said:
They changed his accent. Big deal. They kept his character and look exactly the same.

As for Bucky, well Robin wasn't in half the Batman movies. Does it matter?

Yeah, looked the same exactly. DIfferent origin, different country, different name, cirugy operations, etc. Exactly the same.

X3 shouldn't be on the list, it isn't universally dispised as the others are

sure you the creator of the thread hated it, and many people may not have liked it, but there are many people who did like it

it would be the same as me putting SR on the list, just because I think it should be on there, doesn't mean it is a justifiable entry because there are a plethora of fans who do indeed like the movie, just as there are a plethora who don't like the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"