Worst Movie Title

-Dragonball Evolution (no need to include evolution)
-Marvel's The Avengers/Avengers Assemble (The Avengers would just be fine)
-Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li
-Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger's Tides
-Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
-Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
-Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde

-Marvel's The Avengers/Avengers Assemble (The Avengers would just be fine)
It makes the movie easier to find that way
Imagine someone going to the movie store searching for the Marvel film and finds the one based on the old TV show about two English spies

It makes the movie easier to find that way
Imagine someone going to the movie store searching for the Marvel film and finds the one based on the old TV show about two English spies

Thatwould be horrible.

Grease
Grease 2
Any of the Bring it On series sequels titles.

Blue Velvet

It should've been called "F*** You, You F***ing F***!"

Nightcrawler.

As much as I loved the film, I felt like they could have come up with a better title. Maybe just biased though because whenever I hear the term Nightcrawler, I think of a superhero.

Nightcrawler.

As much as I loved the film, I felt like they could have come up with a better title. Maybe just biased though because whenever I hear the term Nightcrawler, I think of a superhero.
I worked over that.
Now I don't think of the Incredible Kurt Wagner.

Video games could use a "worst title" thread, cause Space Hulk has nothing to do with Marvel's Hulk. :oldrazz:

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. I really hate using the sequel number to make a pun. Other examples include 2 Fast 2 Furious and Step Up 2 the Streets.

Jack & Diane. Because using a song title is lazy, especially when said song and your movie have nothing in common whatsoever (which is usually the case). John Mellencamp's classic had nothing to do with lesbian werewolves. There are exceptions though... I like American Pie, because while the song (one of the best of all time, I might add) had nothing to do with getting down and dirty with an apple pie, I love that films series so much that I can't hate on it (except for American Wedding... that movie sucked).

Meet Dave. Vague titles are the worst, because again, they're just lazy as hell. I'm not saying that you need to give away the entire plot in a title, but you would never guess that a movie called Meet Dave was about a spaceship shaped like a human, controlled by a bunch of tiny little aliens. Not that it matters, I guess... the movie was horrible anyway.

Ebola Zombies. For reals.

[YT]xcdG75gSvrs[/YT]

That is... inconsiderate.
Who made this should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah "Genysis" might be the worst title.

Although "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was pretty bad too. Did they really have to put Planet in there?

Yeah "Genysis" might be the worst title.

Although "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was pretty bad too. Did they really have to put Planet in there?

Sure, or else it would be called "Rise of the of the Apes".

I'm kidding, but I do forever refer to both films as "Rise of The Apes" and "Dawn of The Apes". Aziz is correct though, they include 'Planet of The Apes' in the titles for brand recognition.

Transformers Age of Extinction / Avengers Age of Ultron - Where was the Age?
The Never-Ending Story
Jason Takes Manhatten - Can't help thing his moved to NYC to star in a Broadway show
Halloween H20
Dead Mans Shoes
Earth Girls are Easy

Last edited:
Transformers Age of Extinction / Avengers Age of Ultron - Where was the Age?

I can't speak for Transformers, but in 'Ultron it was the 2-3 days they spent chasing him around the world.

2 Fast 2 Furious and all of these new Planet of the Apes movies have horrific titles.

If the new Spidey film is Spider-Man: The New Avenger, then that's gonna be bad. Oh, and Terminator: Genisys is kinda dumb.

I forgot Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
And I am not the biggest fan of The Force Awakens. An Ancient Evil would have been better.

2 Fast 2 Furious and all of these new Planet of the Apes movies have horrific titles.

If the new Spidey film is Spider-Man: The New Avenger, then that's gonna be bad. Oh, and Terminator: Genisys is kinda dumb.

:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"