The Avengers Would Marvel have put Spider-Man in the Avengers if they owned him?

Just because fanboys didn't want this reboot doesn't really mean anything, if GA like what they see they'll see it. I might agree it won't make as much as Spider-Man 3 but to say it it'll make less than half is pretty steep.

Maybe some of the GA might think that all these comic movies (X-Men, Spider-Man, FF, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap) are just made by Marvel. After all, they all have that Marvel logo and flicking comic pages at the start.

Oh they do. When X-Men: First Class, most of the customers assumed there would be post-credits coda a la Iron Man and Thor. I've had to gently remind them that XM:FC is a Fox movie, not a Marvel Studios film.

Oh they do. When X-Men: First Class, most of the customers assumed there would be post-credits coda a la Iron Man and Thor. I've had to gently remind them that XM:FC is a Fox movie, not a Marvel Studios film.

I'm sure that might not even mean much to some people. I bet a standard question is "what's the difference?"

Even some fanboys don't get it.

the new spider-man will do batman begins and TIH numbers. maybe a little higher.

I'm sure that might not even mean much to some people. I bet a standard question is "what's the difference?"

Even some fanboys don't get it.

I usually answer that Marvel movies have the "Marvel Studios" legend under the Marvel logo, while films like X-Men and Spider-man just have the Marvel logo.

I usually answer that Marvel movies have the "Marvel Studios" legend under the Marvel logo, while films like X-Men and Spider-man just have the Marvel logo.

But I'm sure that still doesn't make much sense to the GA. Even the Marvel movies might now have the Disney logo somewhere, either on the posters or at the start of the film, while one recently still had Paramount. So the GA might just think Marvel Studios and Marvel are just inconsistencies/ very slight differences but essentially the same thing. I don't know if the GA pay that much attention.

I think they MIGHT have, bt thn again, I also think that they wouldn't. Spider-Man being part of the Avenger was an interesting movie, IMO, but it wasn't completely necessary. While I've enjoyed his role over the past few years of him being in the Avengers, it really is something that wasn't completely needed, and I would hope Marvel wouldn't use him because he's a great solo character.

Well Marvel resisted putting Spider-Man in the Avengers for decades until only recently. He was kind of a member some time back but not anything regular or that permanent. More like a reserve member. I'm not sure why only in the last few years Marvel finally decided to turn the Avengers into an almost completely all-star team. Maybe their comics weren't selling so well?

Hopefully they wouldn't do that in the movies but would follow the comic route. But I get the feeling they wouldn't have done that but would go for the jackpot.

I think that they would put him in the same universe but i don't like the idea of making him a member of the avengers, i prefer the idea of a semi adaptation of Secret Wars

If Spider-Man's right were owned by Marvel, I'd like to see S-M in the Avengers but until the sequel or 3rd movie, not as a founding member. I'd like for Iron Man or Fury to recruit Spider-Man...

No, but I could definitely see Spider-Man making a cameo to help out near the end.

But because Marvel is trying to publish it as "Captain America and Friends", which is a BIG mistake, it will not bring as much people as needed.
If anything they're gonna push it as "Iron Man & His Amazing Friends" since Iron Man's been the biggest seller so far.

Anyhow, I wouldn't want Spider-Man to join the Avengers in any future films, mostly because he's never felt like a natural fit for the team and would just take up precious screen time from other characters. Same with Wolverine, who has no business being an Avenger to begin with (times like these I'm glad the film rights are messed up as they are).

Not as an official member of the team. I would only want references, a cameo or a scene with Spidey just helping the team in a battle, to establish that he is a part of the same universe.

The way I see it, is S.H.I.E.L.D and even the Avengers think Spidey is too immature, reckless and not ready to be a team player. Putting him on the Avengers as a full member and giving him heaps of screen time in an Avengers movie is too much.

The other movies in the MCU didn't made that much (especially in the U.S.).

So without him I could even see a situation next year where Batman alone will make more money than all of those heroes that are together in The Avengers.

The Avengers doesn't have the A-list power that a film like Justice League could have with heroes like Superman and Batman.

Since you're using money as your argument...
Superman Returns Worldwide Box Office: $391,081,192
Marvel Studios' Thor Worldwide Box Office: $448,512,824

Not to mention, the JLA have only one other hero with a previous movie: Green Lantern. Captain America & The Incredible Hulk each made more money than G.L.

LOL! Really now? $267 million isn't really that much. Especially for foreign box office results.

So no, Thor isn't really that big in the rest of the world either.

Again, Superman Returns foreign B.O. : $191,000,000
Marvel Studios' Thor foreign box office: $267,482,200
So I guess if $267 million means Thor, "isn't really that big in the rest of the world," then Superman must be pretty tiny.

But because Marvel is trying to publish it as "Captain America and Friends", which is a BIG mistake, it will not bring as much people as needed.

What? That is the first time I've ever heard anyone with that impression of The Avengers film (that it's a Cap film with co-stars). On what are you basing this opinion?

Last edited:
I don't think Marvel would've put Spider-Man in the first Avengers movie, but I think they will definitely do so in the sequel. Can you imagine the kind of marketing they can do with this, putting Marvel's biggest superhero into their biggest superhero team? If DC can put both Superman and Batman into the Justice League, then Marvel can do likewise with Spidey and Avengers.

I don't think Marvel would've put Spider-Man in the first Avengers movie, but I think they will definitely do so in the sequel. Can you imagine the kind of marketing they can do with this, putting Marvel's biggest superhero into their biggest superhero team? If DC can put both Superman and Batman into the Justice League, then Marvel can do likewise with Spidey and Avengers.

Agreed. I don't they would have put Spiderman in THE AVENGERS but they would have tried to get him in there in a sequel. Even in the form of he helps out the team but does not actually join, ala the earlier days of the comics.

The BO potential of Spiderman in an AVENGERS movie is too skyrocketingly high for them to ignore.

I have to say that I'm one of those who really hates that they put Spiderman and, especially, Wolverine in the Avengers in the comics; they didn't belong there.

Oh, and ArtTeacher, I wouldn't waste your time arguing with dony2012.

While it would raise the BO likely, I still think that Spider-Man doesn't quite fit as an Avenger. He is a street level superhero with average problems, and he should stay that way. It's his appeal. Putting him on the grand stage with larger than life heroes never worked for the Avengers nor for Spider-Man, IMO. I don't want to see him in an Avengers film ever. The team is better off storywise without him.

Oh, and ArtTeacher, I wouldn't waste your time arguing with dony2012.

Ah, thanks for the heads up!

I think if Marvel could have, they would have put Spidey in Avengers. And while I wish Marvel Studios owned the rights to all their own characters, I'm glad Spider-Man won't be in The Avengers.

I agree with the people saying that Spider-Man doesn't fit the feel and scope of the Avengers. Granted I did enjoy his presence in Secret Wars so it's not like it's impossible to make him enjoyable in that kind of epic context but I still think he's better for the stories he was originally created for and doesn't really contribute anything great to the Avengers that they don't already have.

I think Spider-Man works best on his own.

Is this a serious question?

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Spider-Man isn't an Avenger. He's a Bendisvenger. They are not the same thing.

Spidey works best on his own, sometimes teaming up. But he shouldn't be an actual member of a team.

That said, yea, if Marvel had his rights he'd probably be in Avengers.

Spider-Man isn't an Avenger. He's a Bendisvenger. They are not the same thing.

Spidey works best on his own, sometimes teaming up. But he shouldn't be an actual member of a team.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Marvel's new Avengers movement with Spider-man and Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"