The Avengers Sam Raimi Should Direct The Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I'd take almost anybody over Raimi. Probably even *gasp* Bay.

no..not michael Bay. you say that now but if there was an alternate reality when Bay was chosen for Avengers, then you'll wish for Raimi.

I love the Raimi Spider-Man films (yes, I liked but didn't love SM3), but I think Whedon is a better choice for Avengers. Raimi worked for SM due to his quirky nature and cheese (which like it or not, is very Spider-Man), but Avengers needs to be more epic and juggle multiple roles. I think Whedon has done this more in his previous experience with the X-Men comics and Firefly/Serenity. He's quirky too, but not in the same way Raimi is.

no..not michael Bay. you say that now but if there was an alternate reality when Bay was chosen for Avengers, then you'll wish for Raimi.

I'd rather watch Bad Boys II with a few extra heroes in costumes than Raimi's awkward humor and lackluster action applied to a plot that goes nowhere.

Yeah nothing at all quirky or cheesy about what Whedon does EVER.

I love the Raimi Spider-Man films (yes, I liked but didn't love SM3), but I think Whedon is a better choice for Avengers. Raimi worked for SM due to his quirky nature and cheese (which like it or not, is very Spider-Man), but Avengers needs to be more epic and juggle multiple roles. I think Whedon has done this more in his previous experience with the X-Men comics and Firefly/Serenity. He's quirky too, but not in the same way Raimi is.

Before you try and correct me, read my posts.

Given the current Sam Raimi for the most part,I'd say no even though he didn't get the gig, Thank God Joss got the gig.

Yeah nothing at all quirky or cheesy about what Whedon does EVER.

There's a difference between quirky and cheesy.

Quirky is Buffy, a vampire slayer, falling in love with a vampire with a soul. And also, Xander having one eye at the end of the series.

Cheesy is when New Rocket Racer Goblin was getting swapped by Giant Sandman and yelled out, "Am I interrupting?" towards Peter and MJ. Yes, you're interrupting. You should be trying to get some help and do something besides flying straight towards Pete.

I'm not getting into a Raimi debate in the Avengers forum. This is why I don't post in the Spidey forum anymore :o

Frankly, this thread should be closed.

Well guess what, Sam isn't directing..Joss is. And anyway, people are still whining and talking about Sam in the Spidey boards from time to time. Join them, if you must.

End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back