The Avengers Would Marvel have put Spider-Man in the Avengers if they owned him?

Lol Marvel will most likely force the new writer to keep ATLEAST Spidey on the team. They've made the team into something like the Avengers, where all of the biggest heroes are members. Hell, even Storm is becoming an Avenger now.

Marvel or at least Disney does kinda own it now.

Depends on if it's needed. They need a photographer? They might toss Peter in. Etc. Like in the comics.

God, Spidey interacting with Iron Man, the Hulk or Thor would be amazing, just amazing, that would be just too much awesome to endure!

If Marvel had the rights to Spider-Man? Yes, they'd absolutely include him in the Avengers. They'd be crazy not to. Spider-Man's nearly a billion dollar movie franchise all on his own (and by that I mean he almost makes a billion per film). If he were in the Avengers then he could easily add several hundred million to the Avengers box office take. That's definitely worthwhile.

And personally, I find the idea of having Spider-Man as an Avenger to be pretty justifiable. Moreso than having Wolverine as an Avenger, anyway.

Meh, it's a moot conversation. Does it really matter? For now, Sony has the Spider-Man rights.

I think they defiantly would&I'd sure love it,I think it'd be awesome IF Marvel gets the full rights to Spidey before ASM2 and then connect the sequel to that to the MCU&Avengers 2 or 3!!

I thought i was against including Spidey, but the more I think of the possiblities, and the more i hear about Whedon's success, the action teamup scenes alone make me salivate. I say yes if it ever happens. If the Avengers hits a billion, and Sonys new SM movie is at least a moderate hit, maybe they agree to loan him out for A2 in exchange for a piece of the action. total fantasy i know, but Id be down with it. This is assuming Sony hasnt run things into the ground with the reboot.

Last edited:
I would hope they age him to at least 21+ though. Although making him as young as 18 might actually give a good contrast to the older characters. I dunno.

I think it wouldn't work because Capt America would have a problem with hi

And most of the people who saw the Iron Man films were the people who saw Thor, it's the same audience.
And $267 million isn't really that much. Especially for foreign box office results.

That is a funny thing to say as IM1 did even less than that ($266 million, as you said).

Oh they do. When X-Men: First Class, most of the customers assumed there would be post-credits coda a la Iron Man and Thor. I've had to gently remind them that XM:FC is a Fox movie, not a Marvel Studios film.

Actually, Wolverine had a post-credit scene! So XM:FC could have had one too.

I think it wouldn't work because Capt America would have a problem with hi

Everybody on the team has a problem with each other But when they need to work as a team they make it work,From comics to now it seems on film,Spidey&Tony would have the most problems with each other since there both wise-asses But I'd bet they'd do great team work!!!

It shouldn't either. Spiderman is my favorite Marvel hero, but I really hate it when he is not solo.The Avengers should be The Avengers.

muahahah, lemme say just one thing.

All I said was "no." That's it! And look what started! haha Sorry guys, I was a bit drunk

I think they defiantly would&I'd sure love it,I think it'd be awesome IF Marvel gets the full rights to Spidey before ASM2 and then connect the sequel to that to the MCU&Avengers 2 or 3!!

You clearly don't understand the deal Sony has for Spider-man, they hold onto the rights as long as they release a Spider-man film every 5 years or so. It's the same thing with Fox and X-Men, which was why we got a rushed Wolverine movie, so they could keep the rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"