The Avengers Sam Raimi Should Direct The Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has yet to post a legitimate thought out or relevant reason why Raimi can't direct Avengers.

Here's something else. Raimi was trying to put together a Thor movie before he ultimately worked on Spider-man. This was revealed on the Spider-man DVD. So at one point Raimi wanted to work on and do a Thor movie.

So saying he only likes or understands Spider-man is absolute ********!

I'll have a side of fanboy to go plz.

Once again that's all you guys can say.

Sam Raimi should do Avengers.

Leterrier has hardly proven he can masterfully handle multiple arcs and characters.

Neither has Raimi. Raimi is a good director and he's made some of my favorite films in Evil Dead, The Gift, Darkman, and even Spider-Man. But he's not right for the Avengers Vile. I am sorry. There's no way I would even fathom Raimi doing the Avengers.

You need a director who can handle big time stories and big time characters.

This will be the first time we have seen the Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and Ant-Man(If he's included) on the big screen. It needs to be done right and doesn't need Raimi just so he can shove it in Sony's face.

In all honesty Avengers needs two directors. One who can handle the action and one who can also do action but also concentrate on the storyline too.

Somehow I get the feeling that Raimi would force a love story into the Avengers too or add too much awkward humor. So no, Raimi should not direct the Avengers.

No one has yet to post a legitimate thought out or relevant reason why Raimi can't direct Avengers.
No.

No one has managed to convince YOU that you are wrong.

These two statements are not the same thing...

It seems that your trying to convince us that Raimi would be the perfect choice when peoples opinion is that he isn't. Yes he's a good director but just not for The Avengers. Look what happened to Spider-man 3: too many characters the whole story collapses. And think, it has 4 kind of main characters.
The Avengers have more than 4 or 3 if you really want to focus on Thor, Iron Man & Cap.
It wouldn't work. End of

I figured it out... Vile wants to see a Thor/Hulk Dance Number :awesome:

I think should ask TIH director for should have someone from the other films to set up this one. Louis Leterrier i think be a good choice for this and if Clash of The Titans is good then maybe his stock would go up for the job.

Personally I'd be happy with Louis Letterier. He really wants it and he knows Marvel well.

He actually talks about it here:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/01/21/incredible-hulk-director-addresses-avengers-villain-rumors/

Yeah, I would prefer Letterier.
Oh, GOD no...

But can't we hope for more than "less crap"?
I think he did a great job on TIH... but that was just with Hulk... he could do horrible with the others. He is not my choice for The Avengers but I wouldn't be *****ing if he got the gig.

If Norton wasn't there keeping him in check, God knows how bad TIH could have been...

You could see the blueballs on him when he finally unloaded a 40-odd minute CGI blob-brawl at the end. Slicing out relevant character developing scenes...

I don't want Avengers to be a completely hollow CGI brawl... there's some major characters in there and I'd like to see how they're handling the situations they're in. Not just going through the motions until the next action scene.

Looking at the Deleted scenes I'd have left EVERY ONE in the movie... that's pretty rare, normally I think "Ah... its a shame, but you can see how that would stall the movie and it could be trimmed down there" Singer's X-Men films are an example of that... The Incredible Hulk there's major scenes (like one between Hurt and Roth) which got cut in Letterrier's mad rush to get to the action.

If Norton wasn't there keeping him in check, God knows how bad TIH could have been...

You could see the blueballs on him when he finally unloaded a 40-odd minute CGI blob-brawl at the end. Slicing out relevant character developing scenes...

I don't want Avengers to be a completely hollow CGI brawl... there's some major characters in there and I'd like to see how they're handling the situations they're in. Not just going through the motions until the next action scene.

Looking at the Deleted scenes I'd have left EVERY ONE in the movie... that's pretty rare, normally I think "Ah... its a shame, but you can see how that would stall the movie and it could be trimmed down there" Singer's X-Men films are an example of that... The Incredible Hulk there's major scenes (like one between Hurt and Roth) which got cut in Letterrier's mad rush to get to the action.
uhh Letterier wanted to keep the scenes :huh: its Marvel who had them cut if I remember the reports correctly. Norton and Letterier wanted the Final Cut to be longer.

uhh Letterier wanted to keep the scenes :huh: its Marvel who had them cut if I remember the reports correctly. Norton and Letterier wanted the Final Cut to be longer.
Ah, OK. My bad.

I was under the illusion that Norton was pissed with both Letterier and Marvel for that reason, rather than both pissed with Marvel. Thought Marvel was siding with the director's decision.

Shocking that Marvel won't even put out a TIH: Director's Cut. Maybe LL doesn't want to do it, but I get the feeling that Marvel probably thinks it will just end up embarassing itself once people see how superior the DC would have been.

Last edited:
spiderman fanboys still are crying over sm3 a movie irrelevant to avengers lol

even tho SM2 is ten times better than TIH

anyways i still wan Favs for Avengers

Last edited:
Ridley Scott would never do this movie. He's doing this redundant and ridiculous looking Robin Hood origin movie that makes no sense BEFORE SHERWOOD FOREST . . . uh . . . you have Russell Crowe playing Robin Hood, this isn't exactly a young Robin Hood flick.

Marvel will go on the cheap. I would love Ron Howard or someone of that calibur, but I feel we will get a high risk high reward type guy that will be micromanageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"