The Avengers Would you like to see Giant-Man in Avengers?

I'm not expecting for them to introduce him in Avengers, but before Avengers 2 Ant-man is the movie that deserves it's movie to be made the most
Completely agree!

I disagree with the numerous claims that Giant/Ant Man would undermine the suspension of disbelief. Excluding the Asgardian Element, the Hulk is far more unrealistic than Ant-Man. The whole notion of the transformation and how it renders him indestructible is well past the realm of possible, as well as having an infinite reserve of energy. With Giant/Ant-Man, he is still mortal and has far more threats posed to him by decreasing or increasing his size.
With that said, the general audiences that see these films have already signed a contract with the creative team: they know that the films are past the realms of realism, and are in the fantastic. But, as a compromise, the films are grounded in some form of reality that is on the far border of it. Truth be told, the entire notion of the superhero is the antithesis of reality: it's an escape from reality. And if someone goes to the film and is upset that it does meet their standard for measuring everyday reality, then they are a moron. Viking Gods, men in robotic armor, soldiers with super regenerative abilities, and unstoppable green beachballs cannot be successfully grounded in reality (if someone tries, it ends up becoming irritating, like the one chap who asked Grant Morrison who inflated the Batmobile's tires.) However, since they are grounded in fantasy, the fantastic elements can be downplayed or subdued, but at the end of the day, it is still the opposite of reality. If there is anything to be gleaned about modern audiences, it is that they enjoy the fantastic: there is a reason why the X-Men films have been doing quite well. People lap up the fantastic.

pretty much all of the top ten highest grossing films are fantasy

I never like the idea of Spider-Man being an Avenger, he has his oun problems, while the other member do too i think Spidey should be in his oun corner unless there's some big crossover or heroes and villains that he meets
I agree. Its seems like everybody is an Avenger now. :cmad:

From a realistic point of view, no this character would not be a good choice. There's only so much suspension of disbelief non-comicbook reading movie goers will accept. I think Black Panther and Vision would be the much better choices for future additions.
Todays 50ft Gian-man will not work, but a classic silver age 15-20 foot Giant Man could work. Especially with a Hulk that's 9 foot.

You can't even call him Giant Man if he's not over 50 ft. He's just....really big dude. The whole point of Giant Man is to see this Giant freakin' Man. Ripping space ships outta the sky and throwing gas trucks at super villains.

Why do you people hate awesome? :argh: :o

You can't even call him Giant Man if he's not over 50 ft. He's just....really big dude. The whole point of Giant Man is to see this Giant freakin' Man. Ripping space ships outta the sky and throwing gas trucks at super villains.

Giant-Man is not King Kong. Or atleast he wasn't back in the 60s. Now extreme is in. With 15ft Hulk in the first Hulk movie & Abomination the same size in Hulk2. Now a 50ft Gian-Man. I'm just not into it. After a certain size the all just get too big.

So basically you're a height bigot?

You must hate the NBA. :o

If anything, what you're talking about works the other way around. Hulks Hulk. He's 10 to 15 feet tall. Then you put another dude right next to him thats about the same size only not Green or anywhere near as strong? That cheapens him as a character. Then he's just some dude whose about as tall as Hulk. Him being that tall only works if Hulks not there. If Hulks there, (which he is) he HAS to be bigger otherwise, he's not a Giant.......Man.....

Last edited:
As long as he's considerably taller than hulk im good!

So basically you're a height bigot?

You must hate the NBA. :o

If anything, what you're talking about works the other way around. Hulks Hulk. He's 10 to 15 feet tall. Then you put another dude right next to him thats about the same size only not Green or anywhere near as strong? That cheapens him as a character. Then he's just some dude whose about as tall as Hulk. Him being that tall only works if Hulks not there. If Hulks there, (which he is) he HAS to be bigger otherwise, he's not a Giant.......Man.....

I'm against my favorite comic book characters becoming giant monsters like Godzilla & King Kong. Which is where they are headed by today standards.

I'm against my favorite comic book characters becoming giant monsters like Godzilla & King Kong. Which is where they are headed by today standards.

On Marvel's own official website, 616 Giant-Man can grow to 30 feet in height; in Ultimates (which provides more than their fair share of material for the MCU), he can grow up to 60 feet.

He's a big guy.

I'm with you Anubis, I think Giant Man should be able to grow around 50-60 feet tall because he's GIANT MAN not "really tall man".

On Marvel's own official website, 616 Giant-Man can grow to 30 feet in height; in Ultimates (which provides more than their fair share of material for the MCU), he can grow up to 60 feet.

He's a big guy.

He can grow way bigger than 30ft. Couple of years ago he grew so big he reached a higher plane of existence.....then got kicked in the cherries by Eternity. Awesome story. :o

He's always been able to pull 100ft out with no problem. His ideal fighting weight, he used to say, was about 16ft. I suppose that still gives you class 10 strength or something, which is going to be enough for a lot of guys. At 100ft you're really just swatting things away.

He's always been able to pull 100ft out with no problem. His ideal fighting weight, he used to say, was about 16ft. I suppose that still gives you class 10 strength or something, which is going to be enough for a lot of guys. At 100ft you're really just swatting things away.

I think 50-60 feet is good size because it's huge but he's not swatting things away like Godzilla.

I disagree with the numerous claims that Giant/Ant Man would undermine the suspension of disbelief. Excluding the Asgardian Element, the Hulk is far more unrealistic than Ant-Man. The whole notion of the transformation and how it renders him indestructible is well past the realm of possible, as well as having an infinite reserve of energy. With Giant/Ant-Man, he is still mortal and has far more threats posed to him by decreasing or increasing his size.
With that said, the general audiences that see these films have already signed a contract with the creative team: they know that the films are past the realms of realism, and are in the fantastic. But, as a compromise, the films are grounded in some form of reality that is on the far border of it. Truth be told, the entire notion of the superhero is the antithesis of reality: it's an escape from reality. And if someone goes to the film and is upset that it does meet their standard for measuring everyday reality, then they are a moron. Viking Gods, men in robotic armor, soldiers with super regenerative abilities, and unstoppable green beachballs cannot be successfully grounded in reality (if someone tries, it ends up becoming irritating, like the one chap who asked Grant Morrison who inflated the Batmobile's tires.) However, since they are grounded in fantasy, the fantastic elements can be downplayed or subdued, but at the end of the day, it is still the opposite of reality. If there is anything to be gleaned about modern audiences, it is that they enjoy the fantastic: there is a reason why the X-Men films have been doing quite well. People lap up the fantastic.

Very well written.

so how would the special effects work with giant man..

Easier than lightning coming out of a hammer.

i was just thinking an out of the box idea for Hank Pym would be Eric Christian Olsen, he can play serious, and i think he would fit well with Edgar Wrights sensibilities.
Plus would be nice to get more than chris evans out of Not Another Teen Movie and in to the MCU

Guys, check out the Wrath of the Titans trailer. There's a quick cut of Perseus fighting a cyclops. That gave me a hint at what a fight with Giant Man might feel like.

Guys, check out the Wrath of the Titans trailer. There's a quick cut of Perseus fighting a cyclops. That gave me a hint at what a fight with Giant Man might feel like.

Yeah, that Wrath trailer is the best trailer of any 2012 movie so far. Srsly. Got a feeling that Prometheus and Man of Steel will change that, though. ;) Maybe even The Hobbit.

And yeah, the Cyclops in that trailer is just the right height for Giant-Man. Between that and Thor and Singer's Jack the Giant Killer (which, granted, is a huge gamble and has a very high likelihood, imho, of flopping like a dead mackerel) next year, I think the "omg giants suck in movies" theory is going to quietly die away in the coming months.

I would love to see a Giant-Man Cameo at the End of Avengers. Have Pym walk in a an Avengers team meeting in costume say look guys my new growth serum & have him grow 20' tall. Then a 10 second flash forward to some all out Avengers team battle with Giant-Man throwing some Hydra guys around.

I hope we get a giant Wasp in one scene as well. She has that ability too, but never really uses it except for rare occasions.

I don't really like Giant Wasp, it makes Giant Man seem less unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"