Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she's raped by Azazel and can't deal with it.

BTW, anyone remember this deleted scene of Beast quoting Shakespeare in The Last Stand?

[YT]vvHW1oIKUxI[/YT]

Dear God...what the hell was that? That's actually the first time I've seen that. This scene (for me) could possibly take the award for worse scene in any of the X-men films. Yes worse than Toad struck by lightning and Hoult in terrible Beast-muppet make-up reveal in the hangar.

... again it's not the cast size that makes the writing suck, it's the time spent and the script and way they are used. The X-men movies have imo been all about the script and very little about the cast.. and thus have been handled pretty poorly. The writers outline a script with the key players.. then shove everyone else into a void they need to fill to get the key players from point A to B. You don't have to do that... only choose cameos and characters that fit, not ones that are forced.

it's quite obvious they went "well we want to include ______ so lets force him in there even though it makes no sense what so ever"

X-Maniac proved my point very well and you can explain yourself all the time. But having more than 20 characters is not good for a movie. Even if the movie has a good writer and director, having too many characters will have a bad effect on the movie. Maybe if this is a TV series, it would work but no, this is a movie.

I never like Cudmore as Colossus. He seemed like too much of a derp for me. I also hate how they did him in X3. Making him a guy in a rubber suit was a no-go for me. They couldn't ever leave the camera on him long enough to make an impact.

I'm not a fan of re-casts, but they could definitely recast the actor who played Colossus in X2/x3 especially if they are gonna give Colossus character development and more substance in the movie. I don't think Daniel Cudmore is a good actor and he's hardly memorable as an actor, so I would be fine if they recast him.

If its for actual future film development Im all for cameos, otherwise like others said it has just turned into a continuity mess. I just want it planned out instead of dumping them in just because ala X3.

Wolverine in FC seemed to work the best since he was already established... and it was hilarious.

Last edited:
Yeah, they didn't even bother to address the fact that mystique is Rogue's foster mother in X1.

Mystique is really a bad mother, she abandon her baby son, throwing him into the river, pretending to adopt Rogue when she is actually making use of Rogue all along to carry out her crimes.

How did Raven who was so good and decent in First Class become so bad and evil ....??

You're comparing comic Mystique to movie Mystique. Movie Mystique may have nothing to do with Rogue, and comic Mystique was never one of the first xmen.

Dear God...what the hell was that? That's actually the first time I've seen that. This scene (for me) could possibly take the award for worse scene in any of the X-men films. Yes worse than Toad struck by lightning and Hoult in terrible Beast-muppet make-up reveal in the hangar.

I'm just going to balance that out with some GOOD Beast stuff

[YT]PKnL_MwwU3o[/YT]

I actually thought X3 Beast was one of the best things about the film, but that was just...well.

X-Maniac proved my point very well and you can explain yourself all the time. But having more than 20 characters is not good for a movie. Even if the movie has a good writer and director, having too many characters will have a bad effect on the movie. Maybe if this is a TV series, it would work but no, this is a movie.

Again.... Harry potter did it just fine. Problem is fanboys want everyone front and center and integral and developed and that's not going to happen. Some are main characters some will be supporting. And others tirtiary like every movie

Again.... Harry potter did it just fine. Problem is fanboys want everyone front and center and integral and developed and that's not going to happen. Some are main characters some will be supporting. And others tirtiary like every movie
Seriously! I'll never understand why this can't be grasped.

I understand the complaints when there is one character who is pretty much there for no reason and has no purpose... like a few characters in X3. But in a movie like X2, NO ONE has a thankless role. Everyone serves a specific purpose and every character's actions push the story forward. This is why it will always be my favorite X-film, and one of my favorite films in general. The fact that every character contributes to the overarching plot in a unique and smooth may amazes me every time.

Also why I hated Halle Berry's *****ing about X2.

STORM SAVES THE WORLD IN THE END. WITHOUT STORM THEY WOULD HAVE ALL DIED.

tumblr_mf03h9Hpvf1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

I wish she understood that...

Harry Potter did it just fine? If it wasn't for the story of the books, I would have probably complained on how the past the Dark Arts professor were given so much story in the 1st movie but after the 2nd/3rd movie, their role got smaller and smaller.

And I'm not being a fanboy, I just want to see a good movie. You are the one who is being a fan boy who wants every character in the X-Men movie universe to comeback and appear in this movie.

You're both being fanboys. :cmad:

But seriously, the Harry Potter comparison is the best one I've seen. :up:

Agreed. Halle made for a good Storm in X2. The decision to pair Storm up with Nightcrawler in X2 was absolutely the right one.

As much as I'm not a fan of Halle's, I do want her to come back as Storm (based off her Storm in X2 alone)...though I wouldn't blame Singer if he decided not to!

We would probably see more of Nightcrawler/Storm if only Bryan Singer didn't left X3!

BTW, anyone remember this deleted scene of Beast quoting Shakespeare in The Last Stand?

[YT]vvHW1oIKUxI[/YT]

****ing hilarious. Look how Bobby's freaked out like "WTF?" at 0:47 and Storm's not even facing Beast's direction... like she's silently laughing at him as she stares at her other teammates in disbelief. It didn't even seem like his speech made an impact on Bobby or the other kids. It's like Bobby just stared at Beast when he was done like, "Yeeeeah... Anyways, we're in."

I want Beast and have some truly intellectual scenes in DoFP. I know Singer can deliver that without making it seem ridiculous like Ratner did.

LOKL!! Hahahah lol tha was the funniest thing i have seen in any comic book movie! LoL Beast inner Frasier Crane.... wow that was hilariously terrible. Im in tears!
Lmao Check Iceman at 0:47.. his like WTF?!

It all depends how it's done though.

Most times when there have been cameos in the X-Men films, there has been complaints from fans, or it has caused continuity issues further down the line (like having a human Beast in X2, or Emma in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or a glimpse of Storm/Cyclops in the First Class Cerebro).

People were okay with the Colossus cameo in X2 because it seemed like an introduction to a bigger role in the next film. But even then, there were a lot of people wanting more from Colossus in X2 itself. And a lot of fans weren't happy that Deathstryke was just a henchwoman with no real backstory or characterisation.

So it's a fine line to tread.

Part of the problem is that different writers and directors have made the X-films, so there is no 'grand plan' of which characters will be introduced and when.

Writers and directors also have to be aware of which characters are fan favourites - like Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, etc. It's no use messing up their appearances on screen and any cameos should only serve as foundation for a larger role in another movie.

Its scary how clueless the studio were on those three characters on why people want to see them. Gambit was the least destroyed but they still didnt know what to do with him. And after watching that Deadpool concept art that just popped up its literally like the studio just said make him look like anything but the comic. There were like 85 designs haha. And they all sucked.

Last edited:
Its scary how clueless the studio were on those three characters on why people want to see them. Gambit was the least destroyed but they still didnt know what to do with him. And after watching that Deadpool concept art that just popped up its literally like the studio just said make him look like anything but the comic. There were like 85 designs haha. And they all sucked.

I know! I saw that concept art. Deadpool it was not! Why go to all that trouble when the comic book provides the design. For a Weapon XI character, it was fine, for Deadpool it wasn't. Terrible!

I know! I saw that concept art. Deadpool it was not! Why go to all that trouble when the comic book provides the design. For a Weapon XI character, it was fine, for Deadpool it wasn't. Terrible!

Exactly they just made it harder on themselves. Luckily I dont think we will see anything that drastic again. That was just too much of an epic fail haha.

Harry Potter did it just fine? If it wasn't for the story of the books, I would have probably complained on how the past the Dark Arts professor were given so much story in the 1st movie but after the 2nd/3rd movie, their role got smaller and smaller.

And I'm not being a fanboy, I just want to see a good movie. You are the one who is being a fan boy who wants every character in the X-Men movie universe to comeback and appear in this movie.
I never once said i wanted to see every character actually read my posts.... I said you can include as many as you want as long as the story makes sense and is written well and balanced.... Harry potter handled a massive cast well. X2 handled a massive cast well..... Dkr handled a massive cast well.... X3 DID NOT.

there's many characters we know already that really don't need much development and can simply be used in minor roles and battle scenes.... Iceman imo is a prime example

It all depends how it's done though.

Most times when there have been cameos in the X-Men films, there has been complaints from fans, or it has caused continuity issues further down the line (like having a human Beast in X2, or Emma in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or a glimpse of Storm/Cyclops in the First Class Cerebro).

People were okay with the Colossus cameo in X2 because it seemed like an introduction to a bigger role in the next film. But even then, there were a lot of people wanting more from Colossus in X2 itself. And a lot of fans weren't happy that Deathstryke was just a henchwoman with no real backstory or characterisation.

So it's a fine line to tread.

Part of the problem is that different writers and directors have made the X-films, so there is no 'grand plan' of which characters will be introduced and when.

Writers and directors also have to be aware of which characters are fan favourites - like Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, etc. It's no use messing up their appearances on screen and any cameos should only serve as foundation for a larger role in another movie.

Agrees. Its all on how its handled. But they do have more leway if they hold some cameos and small parts for the "future" because if this film pulls a star trek..... Theyes are no longer grounded to that future and can be free to do what they want with any of those characters.

Luckily beast was a very minor thing... But xo Emma was forced for the sake of forcing.... And you can't do that

Agrees. Its all on how its handled. But they do have more leway if they hold some cameos and small parts for the "future" because if this film pulls a star trek..... Theyes are no longer grounded to that future and can be free to do what they want with any of those characters.

Luckily beast was a very minor thing... But xo Emma was forced for the sake of forcing.... And you can't do that

In fairness though, the mutants rescued by Xavier at the end of XMO:Wolverine were intended (at that point) to be the characters in Josh Schwartz's screenplay for the original concept of X-Men: First Class. So Emma was introduced in readiness for her to be a student at the school in the First Class film. It wasn't random or forced at the time, despite making her Kayla's sister (in order to give Kayla a motivation for her betrayal of Wolverine)

But when Singer came on board First Class, he threw that script out and conceived what became the film that was released.

So the problem wasn't really with First Class Emma Frost, but with the fact that ideas changed because there has been no overall 'grand plan' for these films.

so clearly Singer has part of his fault forgeting those characters on XOW and creating more continuity mess.

I like his work, but some of his ideas created more trouble for this complex franchise

I dont like that at all.

so clearly Singer has part of his fault forgeting those characters on XOW and creating more continuity mess.

I like his work, but some of his ideas created more trouble for this complex franchise

I dont like that at all.

The positive side is that we did get a better version of Emma Frost in the eventual First Class movie than the one in Wolverine. And if hey were going to use the Hellfire Club, Emma was a natural choice. Plus, I'm sure Vaughn wanted sexy Emma in the movie!

But, yes, there needs to be a grand plan.

I dont like that at all.

And it looks like he might ignore X3 in the next X-Men movie :o

Actually these continuity problems or these not-well received movies wouldn't happen if he just stayed with directing X-Men 3.

Seriously! I'll never understand why this can't be grasped.

I understand the complaints when there is one character who is pretty much there for no reason and has no purpose... like a few characters in X3. But in a movie like X2, NO ONE has a thankless role. Everyone serves a specific purpose and every character's actions push the story forward. This is why it will always be my favorite X-film, and one of my favorite films in general. The fact that every character contributes to the overarching plot in a unique and smooth may amazes me every time.

I agree with you completely. Storm in X2 was so much better than Storm in X3 who is almost practically useless. The only think good about Storm in X3 was her action scenes. This brings me to a question, was halle complaining about Storm's characterisation or about the fact that Storm wasn't as strong as she was in the comics in terms of fighting and being a part of the action. I think I watched an interview with her where she said she had always wanted to fly and fight in the X-Men movies and that she never got the chance to in Singer's films.

Storm's feet didn't leave the ground in X2 and all she did was float up an elevator shaft in X1. All Halle needed to do was look at any comic Storm was in and the character would be flying.

There were actually moments in X2 when Storm could fly (when the team enter the base we see a bit of wind and soldiers looking confused) but for reasons (probably budget) that didn't happen. Storm did have two big 'saving the day' moments in X2 but all Halle had to do was stare and let the VFX do the rest in post. Storm never had an arc or storyline in Singer's film, she was just there, and I can't imagine what Storm would have done if Halle's profile wasn't raised between X1 and X2.

Flight is a big part of Storm's character and I can see why Halle was annoyed that she didn't get to do it. Halle obviously got her wish in X3 because she flies on a number of occasions. The flight in X-Men: First Class showed flying technology has improved so if Storm is in DOFP we'll hopefully see some nice flight scenes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"