Apocalypse Will X-Men Apocalypse Lead to AOA?

Super Jim

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know, this one seems a bit out there. What's the liklihood that Kinberg and Singer would have an Apocalypse movie lead into an Apocalypse movie? But hear me out for a second...

So, looking at some of the rumors floating around out there, there is this one:

http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-cameos-gambit-channing-tatum/

Which talks about how, supposedly, Ian McKellan's Magneto, Halle Berry's Storm and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine will be in the X-Men Apocalypse movie. Maybe some, if not all of these will end up being just cameos, but honestly, other than Wolverine, I don't think anyone was expecting to see McKellan or Berry in this story.

So, this rumor got me thinking. Why only these three? Sure, the rumor also includes a Gambit cameo, but I was expecting that, but the main issue here is the use of some OT cast.

Knowing that this story is likely to be focused on McAvoy's Professor X, Lawrence's Mystique and Fassbender's Magneto (and I guess Hoult's Beast) resolving their relationships, or whatever, I was very surprised by this possibility.

So, why would they include these OT cast members?

What storyline would work for just these OT cast members?

Maybe in the end other OT cast members will be worked into the story, but for now I'm basing this discussion on the rumor of Berry, McKellan and Jackman making an appearance.

So, the fact that this will be Berry's Storm and Fassbender's Magneto almost automatically means a scene from the future (from the point of view of 1983). This scene could end up being anytime between say 2000 and 2030, based on the ages of the actor/actress in question.

So again, why would they have a "future" scene with just Magneto, Storm and possibly Wolverine?

And this got me thinking of one of my favorite animated series stories, "One Man's Worth!".

In this story Wolverine (actually, Weapon X) is not in love with Jean Grey, which is refreshing since in many ways that's been done every which way from Sunday at this point. But instead, he's married to Storm. And this is a future, dystopian Apocalypse controlled world.

tumblr_lnvry2BBL51qb760k.gif

In this Age of Apocalypse inspired story, Charles, in the past, was killed off (I believe it was by Fitzroy), which caused a change to the timeline and allowed Apocalypse to come into power.

The story started with a scene where Wolverine and his wife, Storm, were running through this dystopian Apocalypse controlled world trying to reach "the Leader", who turned out to be Magneto.

Now I know it's really hard to believe that they would go from an Apocalypse movie to another Apocalypse movie, but here are some things to think about...

- They could change it so the villain isn't necessarily Apocalypse, but instead someone like Nimrod, or maybe just Fitzroy, or Selene.

- Or maybe this upcoming Apocalypse movie will focus more on the Horseman (Archangel) and lead into a future Apocalypse movie.

- It could introduce some new characters, including Selene (involved with Fitzroy in the story), Shard and Forge:

- It's a good story that could give the OT cast one last hurrah! It would also allow for the re-use of Bishop, Warpath and Blink.

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Blink.jpg

- We've never seen Storm with a true mohawk!

- Seeing Wolverine in love with someone other than Jean could be interesting.

- It could be focused on Wolverine's relationship, making it a possible Wolverine 3 story.

- Some of the OT cast are aging out, so timing is crucial, meaning, it's either now or never!

- It could mean that at the end of this Apocalypse movie McAvoy's Charles sacrifices himself to prevent something, like the death of Fassbender's Eric, which then leads to this story. That would be a very interesting way to end this movie!

I know this concept is farfetched, I mean, it's not like Singer has ever thought about having Hugh's Wolverine and Berry's Storm in a relationship:

c1beacb068785dcb3795ee3a9fbb8dcebf213ac7.jpg

Again, this is one of the only stories that I can think of where the main characters would match McKellan, Berry and Jackman.

Or are there other stories that would use an older Wolverine, Magneto and Storm that I'm not thinking of. Let's keep it respectful, but are there any other pro points that I didn't list, and what would be the cons of them doing this?

Last edited:
I wouldn't like that right after X-Men: Apocalypse. The characters especially Angel need time to recuperate from the Apocalypse movie.

The end of the next trilogy sure

at this point i think that X-Men apocalypse will be a very loose adaptation of Age of Apocalypse, kinberg said they will be taking bits from the comics but much of it will be different ect ect

And in the end wolverine 3 will not be AOA because thats silly and the fact that they are making the effor of putting a retconned or different version of angel in this movie tells me they were not planning on waiting to bring ben foster back in a future movie to do it when they actually could have if they had a plan for it

I hear what you guys are saying, but here's some counter points:

- As I mentioned, it wouldn't necessarily have to be an Apocalypse movie. They could use someone else as the main antagonist in this future dystopian world.

- Or, maybe this movie will be focused more on the Horsemen, and specifically Archangel, and less so on Apocalypse himself, setting him up to be the mainvillain in a different story as defined in this thread.

- Although I can see why you would want to wait until the end of the next trilogy, or what have you, my points were that in some ways IF they want toi do this, meaning using the OT cast and especially McKellan's Magneto, they kind of need to do it now.

- I am not seeing anything to support that this Apocalypse movie will be a loose adaption of AOA, just that it's going to be an Apocalypse movie with the Horsemen.

- It's not silly to have a story that puts Berry's Storm together with Jackman's Wolverine. Having these two characters in love, and portraying that intimacy with this actor and actress would be something many, especially the GA, would love to see.

- By making it focused on that love story it could easily be the basis for a Wolverine story.

- I don't see how a retconned or different version of Angel in this movie would affect this other story. In fact, I don't think Angel (or Archangel) would even need to be in it, meaning no Foster needed. In other words, this movie could be the Archangel story with McAvoy's Charles sacrificing himself at the end, which then leads to a Magneto led X-Men story that could, but doesn't have to have Apocalypse as the main villain.

Honestly I just wish the OT could fade into the sunset gracefully and allow The Real X-Men to shine

No argument, but there are many who love that cast and would kill to see them once more.

Although I would rather see them used in special spin-off stories, like that Adventure of Cyclops and Jean Grey or the X-Men versus the F4 ideas I posted elsewhere, the main thing here is the fact that the rumors point to a specific trio (duo beyond Jackman) being used in this movie.

This is what makes me contemplate why, and again, the only story that comes to mind that would focus on Wolverine, Storm and Magneto is this One Man's Worth inspired story.

Again, am I missing a story that would focus on these three, or am I right that this is the only one? Also, what are the viable, logical cons to them doing this one last time with McKellan, Berry and Jackman?

short answer is no.

And not fair to call OT not realX-Men.

In fc/DOFP only one who has come close to matching original was Michael Fassbender

Patrick stewart more xavier.Just like kelsey grammer is more what i think of beast and except for cameo in DOFP he was only In my least favorate X_Men film.

I will take rebecca romijn as mystique over jennifer lawrence.

Noone has any idea how the cast In Apocalypse will shape up compared to OT.

I hear what you guys are saying, but here's some counter points:

- As I mentioned, it wouldn't necessarily have to be an Apocalypse movie. They could use someone else as the main antagonist in this future dystopian world.

wouldn't another dystopian world just be DOFP 2

- I am not seeing anything to support that this Apocalypse movie will be a loose adaption of AOA, just that it's going to be an Apocalypse movie with the Horsemen.

its just the stuff kinberg says really, he calls this movie the apocalypse story and says they will be taking from the books but alot of it will be different

- By making it focused on that love story it could easily be the basis for a Wolverine story.

but so could another original trilogy movie... so see what would make this any different, its a wolverine solo for a reason

I don't see how a retconned or different version of Angel in this movie would affect this other story. In fact, I don't think Angel (or Archangel) would even need to be in it, meaning no Foster needed. In other words, this movie could be the Archangel story with McAvoy's Charles sacrificing himself at the end, which then leads to a Magneto led X-Men story that could, but doesn't have to have Apocalypse as the main villain.

well why would you need a retconned/different version of angel if they had planned for an AOA story with the OC? surely that would complicate just for the sake of complicating when a retcon is usually a sign of having no other choice and it really seems like having angel in this story was needed because this is the apocalypse story and people wanted to see archangel but its not like in every comic/cartoon archangel has been death so they had plenty of choices they could have gone with

it just seems to me like it all needs to be beaten around the bush in order to get there

Last edited:
I think marvelrobbins passionate response shows just how strong some people's feelings are towards the OT cast.

Be honest with yourself... If they did one more crossover style movie with both the OT and the new cast, wouldn't it be hugely sucessful? Won't the GA love to see McKellan and Berry, etc., one last time?

And if this is the case, with McKellan and Stewart (and Berry, etc.) aging as they are, this really is the time to do this. There's really no choice! It's either Now or Never!!!!!

Now in response to GuestStar2004:

- No, this wouldn't be DOFP2. DOFP's future stuff was about the Sentinals. I'm not saying anything about a Sentinal controlled world.

- Without a doubt Apocalypse's origin will be featured in this movie, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be used once more, depending on how things are left. Also, it doesn't preclude the concept that they will focus this story on Archangel. And if they did that it's not like they could call it X-Men Archangel or X-Men The Horsemen. The point is that Apocalypse is the big bad villain that creates the Horsemen, so the story would need to be titled after Apocalypse, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that he will escape and could be brought back again!

- A believe that most are expecting that the next Wolverine movie will include a team-up, or at least other known characters. Same goes for Deadpool and such. This story would kind of team up Logan and Ororo, which is unique and making them married would be something very special.

- The main point I'm making here is that the retconn'd Angel is obviously so we can get Archangel, the Horseman Death. I'm sure you agree with that. I would also imagine that Archangel, the Horseman Death is going to be a main part of this story. He may even be the main antagonist for this film. Sure, Apocalypse is "pulling the strings", if you will, but Archangel might just end up being the main baddie in this movie. So it's not going to complicate anything. Archangel main baddie for this movie, this movie set up another movie, that movie has Apocalypse or someone else as the main baddie, and possibly no Archangel (or Angel) at all in the follow-up story.

- Yes, they could have gone other routes for the Horseman Death, but as I wrote in other threads, there are two main ways to go. One was Wolverine as Death, which I kind of favored over Archangel. But the other, and for many the more popular option, is Archangel. Even though others have been used as the Horseman Death, it's really these two that have been the main version of that character!

- I don't see why it's a "beaten around the bush" thing. Simply put, at the end of this movie McAvoy's Professor X sacrifices himself to save Magneto. This leads to a new future that has Magneto as the leader of the X-Men. In this new future Wolverine is in love with and married to Storm. They come to the conclusion that everything went to heck when Xavier sacrificed himself. They send Jackman's Wolverine and Berry's Storm (physically this time) back to 1983 to prevent the death of Charles in order to make things right (maybe using Forge's technology or Blink's powers). In doing so Wolverine and Storm must sacrifice their love to fix the world! Of course there would be plenty of action in the fight scenes, coolness seeing some new characters (like Wildchild), the OT cast being used again, and the whole new love story for Logan and Ororo.

Again, not saying this is 100% going to happen or even that I want it to happen, just that with the rumored cameos, it's the only logical story that matches!

Last edited:
I think marvelrobbins passionate response shows just how strong some people's feelings are towards the OT cast.

Be honest with yourself... If they did one more crossover style movie with both the OT and the new cast, wouldn't it be hugely sucessful? Won't the GA love to see McKellan and Berry, etc., one last time?

And if this is the case, with McKellan and Stewart (and Berry, etc.) aging as they are, this really is the time to do this. There's really no choice! It's either Now or Never!!!!!

all i can see is you want this to happen so much and you want someone to convince you it could work even though you can either see the problems with it yourself or you are trying to ignore alot of it because you want it so bad

Honestly if your passionate about X1-X3 then your a fan of the actors and not the X-Men themselves. They didn't represent The X-Men in any way shape or form other than Wolverine himself.

all i can see is you want this to happen so much and you want someone to convince you it could work even though you can either see the problems with it yourself or you are trying to ignore alot of it because you want it so bad

That is honestly not the case. What I tend to do is look at the limited evidence and to then try to come up with a viable, logical explanation that fits the situation.

This idea is based on the rumors of Berry's Storm, Jackman's Wolverine and McKellan's Magneto having cameos in the Apocalypse movie.

In deconstructing that I've been able to come up with just one concept that would match these three versions of their characters being in the Apocalypse movie.

Look, it's real simple...

1. Do you agree that IF McKellan's Magneto and Berry's Storm are in the 1983 set Apocalypse movie that most likely that means that their scene will be set in the future, post 1983?

2. Do you agree that at least at one point Singer/Kinberg envisioned Jackman's Wolverine and Berry's Storm being romantic? (I provided the picture of the deletd scene).

3. Do you agree that there is a big fan base out there that loves the OT cast and would love to see one more cross-over style film that might use both casts, including Blink, Bishop and Warpath (and that guy that looked more like the Human Torch than he did Sunspot)?

So it's not that I'm trying to get you, or anyone, to convince me this could work. I know this could work. I logically defined how this could work. But that doesn't mean I necessarily want this to happen. I am asking you, and others, to tell me the cons, but so far you've been unable to do so!

That is honestly not the case. What I tend to do is look at the limited evidence and to then try to come up with a viable, logical explanation that fits the situation.

This idea is based on the rumors of Berry's Storm, Jackman's Wolverine and McKellan's Magneto having cameos in the Apocalypse movie.

yeah but you are basing these rumors above everything else, even stuff like patrick saying wolverine 3 was gonna him teaming up with logan

1. Do you agree that IF McKellan's Magneto and Berry's Storm are in the 1983 set Apocalypse movie that most likely that means that their scene will be set in the future, post 1983?

Certainly possible

2. Do you agree that at least at one point Singer/Kinberg envisioned Jackman's Wolverine and Berry's Storm being romantic? (I provided the picture of the deletd scene).

that was improvised by jackman and berry and singer decided to go with it... but then deleted it from both cuts

3. Do you agree that there is a big fan base out there that loves the OT cast and would love to see one more cross-over style film that might use both casts, including Blink, Bishop and Warpath (and that guy that looked more like the Human Torch than he did Sunspot)?

Course but X-Men is X-men, the fact they are even telling this story in the 80s tells me that it doesn't matter what X-Men it is

Last edited:
No, we don't need another movie about a dystopian, apocalyptic future. We just had that with DOFP.

One positive for me in AOA would be Nightcrawler. AOA Nightcrawler is one of my favourite characters

No to dystopian, destroyed future?

Because I heard we will see in this movie destruction as never before.
So we will have destroyed 80's?

well you still have 30 to 40 years to rebuild, not that they are gonna go as far as dystopian 80s anyway, but you don't need another dystopian future either

Nope. We're getting Apocalypse's origins, the Four Horsemen (with Archangel most likely appearing as Death), and likely some plot to take over North America or the entire world and rid it of humans. I no longer see the need for him to come back after this.

Last edited:
You don't see the need for come back after this for who?
Because you don't mean Apocalypse.
It's just begin of Apocalypse.
He deserves more than 1,2,... movies.

So I am up for more OT films so if they have a Scene that links up to another film that would be fantastic to me. I agree it makes some sense in theorising these debates with current rumours of halle berry, wolvie and magneto being involved in the storyline.

I have also hoped for a two parter on apocalypse to use ot cast so this also works for me

Last edited:
You don't see the need for come back after this for who?
Because you don't mean Apocalypse.
It's just begin of Apocalypse.
He deserves more than 1,2,... movies.

Yes, I mean Apocalypse, and I don't care much for AOA, so I don't need to see him in a movie closer to it than this one is said to be.

So I am up for more OT films so if they have a Scene that links up to another film that would be fantastic to me. I agree it makes some sense in theorising these debates with current rumours of halle berry, wolvie and magneto being involved in the storyline.

its all sounds like wishful thinking brought on by wanting the OT back and not really thinking about whats coming next or what has been said about the current film

wolverine 3 will have to be about wolverine with xavier being a supporting role if what patrick says is true and just the fact that we are getting the apocalypse story in the 80s should say it all really

Last edited:
I think wishful thinking is fine, speculating is fine and theorising is fine. Until we see the next movie will determine what happens next for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"