Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because studios are worried about flops. In a world where ASM2 barely does 200 domestic and DOFP underperforms domestically, you have to exercise caution. Who knows what Guardians does this weekend.
What the hell are you smoking? :huh::dry:

I am glad someone said something as I was too busy holding my head in my hands. I had a moment of realisation that Apocalypse's budget will be less wont it? based on less big name actors. So even more of a budget can go into sfx and such, we really could see some cool powers being utilised. I really do want to see a moment where Magneto walks out and from behind him comes: Scarlet witch, Quicksilver (In a costume), Toad and Avalanche.

Apocalypse won't be spending a God-like sum of money just on actors, that's for sure. So, it'll either cost less, or they could give it the same budget with more money going to the actual film.

I was thinking about this earlier.....

If Apocalypse is going to be motion capture, why not use Andy Serkis and his company?

We'll have to see how that unfolds. He'll be working on Apes 3 while DoFP is also in production. I also noticed that DoFP is one of the few Fox tentpoles that didn't use WETA as a VFX house. Could be because they were tied up with Apes 2 at the time.

WIth DOFP grossing 231 Million doemstic and last X-Men film to do that was
Last Stand In 2006 I doudt Fox Is complaning.

With james Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Jennifer lawrence still working off the contracts they signed back In 2010 the only real big money for actors
Is likely to be Hugh jackman and Possibly Channing Tatum If Gambit does Indeed
make the cut In Apocalypse they have more money to spend on actual film.

FOX took a big leap of faith with the 200 million budget for Days of Future Past after the lackluster performance of First Class. Maybe they'll be into taking another big risk with Apocalypse making the budget close to 300 million, giving them enough cash for more big name stars and big quality set pieces.

they wont spend 300m on Apocalypse, its not like they want to do something like Avatar 1 and 2 at the same time with just one XMen movie, lol

If the budget for Apocalypse is significantly less, it obviously tells you Fox is being a lot more cautious, and they weren't jumping up for joy after that domestic haul. There is no reason why Apocalypse shouldn't have a 220-240m production budget, considering how much was spent on DoFP. So we will see how it plays out.

they wont spend 300m on Apocalypse, its not like they want to do something like Avatar 1 and 2 at the same time with just one XMen movie, lol

Has nothing to do with anything. Cameron will get whatever budget he wants for his trilogy, and Fox will acquiesce. Pure and simple.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Fox would go 200m again for the movie because I don't see this being the Age of Apocalypse of the movie-verse; so why give it that budget

you have sait it: Cameron will get it.

But XMen are not Avatar neither Bryan Singer is James Cameron, so Fox wont give Singer Avatar money, to really expect it doesnt make any sense.

I think 200 million is enough for Apoc .

I honestly don't think Fox would go 200m again for the movie because I don't see this being the Age of Apocalypse of the movie-verse; so why give it that budget

So what exactly is it going to be? Watered down Apocalypse starring Wolverine and his X-Men newbies? The FC cast need new contracts if they are going to continue with them. The OT cast is probably gone. This has to have the feel of an epic finale. There is way too much uncertainty after this one. What advantage would Fox have to skimp out in a jam packed summer 2016? I'm not saying 200 is not a large number. But this is an Apocalypse movie and it features the original X-Men characters. Now is not the time to start trimming.

Apoc will likely not have any of the original cast other than stewart and hugh so that isnt too expensive. The FC are already under contract and any new blood they get could be just that, New actors that dont have huge names but will after this film. So on the actors side of it this film could be relatively cheap. Then its just the typical vfx and the rest to add to cost. This film doesnt need anything like the DOFP budget but due to the success of DOFP could still get it. DOFP didnt underperform domestically at all.

Someone mentioned before that 30% of the budget for DOFP was for the salary of the actors? The budget for the salary of the actors that will appear in Apocalypse will probably be smaller compare to DOFP especially if Hugh Jackman already signed a contract when he signed up for DOFP. The FC cast already signed a contract so there wouldn't be a big raise for them. I'm sure Evan Peters already has a 3 to 5 film contract like what Fan Bingbing got when she signed up for DOFP and I doubt the newbies to the franchise will demand a really big check.

Fox is usually modest when it comes to giving their filmmakers a big budget compare to the other big studios out there like Disney/Warner Brothers. If you check their track record, X3/DOFP are already their 2nd and 3rd most expensive film so that is something to consider. I do think if they are saving extra bucks because the OT cast aren't in this movie, why not use those extra bucks for the visual effects and production.

That's because studios are worried about flops. In a world where ASM2 barely does 200 domestic and DOFP underperforms domestically, you have to exercise caution. Who knows what Guardians does this weekend.

Ummm no. I think most people expected DOFP to outgross X3. But c'mon, the last three X-Men films didn't even cross the $200 million mark, for First Class/The Wolverine, they didn't even cross the $150 million mark.

Last edited:
AMS2 flopped because it was a bad movie that very few enjoyed. To say DOFP flopped is absolute nonsense

It has been said this will be film version of Age of APocalypse with characters and elements lifted from storyline according to Simon Kinberg

Hugh jackman may be only original actor In film.If Apocalypse starts In past and then jumps Into 1983 it may not have any scenes In new future

The only money that will be required to be spent on actors Is jackman and Possibly Channing Tatum If Gambit Is In film.

I think people should stop trying to predict when jackman leaves.They could have had prepared people for a recasting by not having wolverine In this film.
The fact he Is almost certinly In Apocalypse should tell you everything.

DOFP puts end to talking point that Bryan Singer and Fox only care about wolverine.Although I doudt that will stop the fox and Singer bashers.

Singer has said this film Is just as big Is not bigger than Apocalypse.They will need special effects and CGI for the diaster film Apocalypse Is being called.

Imagine this...

If they have Scott, Jean and Ororo as say late-teenagers, have Beast in there as well (even though he'd be almost 40 years old), and then have Warren Worthington in as well (there are three ways to do this, two are the wrong way, and one is the correct way), then we'd have a movie with the 5 original members in the same timeline.

To get Angel they would need to do one of these three things:

1. Have him transported back in time from the future. This is a wrong way as we've already had enough time travel stuff.

2. Have him born 20 years earlier than he should be. This is also the wrong way since it's not feasible. Either he'll be born when he was in the original timeline, or not. His birth would be around 1983 or so.

3. Have him taken as a baby by Apocalypse or one of Apocalypse's minions (Sinister, Gambit or Mystique) and have him go through the Horseman altering process, which includes aging him. We'd see his feathery wings grown in and then see them being amputated. The process would end with him as Archangel.

But the point is that at the end of the movie we'd actually have the five original members in a position where they could actually have their own movie...

Storm wasn't an original, it was Iceman, but I am happy for that change of the Original 5 haha.

It should be noted the films invented the notion of Storm as one of the original X-Men.

It will be Intresting to see if In Apocalypse If it will be Apocalypse leading army of mutants with horsman as his generals or just be apocalypse and the 4 horseman.

Storm wasn't an original, it was Iceman, but I am happy for that change of the Original 5 haha.

You're right, of course.

But since I can't see them having Iceman, since we saw him in DOFP, that means that Ororo would be one of the original members in the movie-verse.

Jeff Herman, the attorney for Bryan Singer's accuser Michael Egan, has dropped Egan as his client after he refused a $100k settlement from Singer.

Jeff Herman, the attorney for Bryan Singer's accuser Michael Egan, has dropped Egan as his client after he refused a $100k settlement from Singer.

Herman wants this to end most likely after his attempt to get someone else to file charges against Singer was dismissed.

While some will say Singer offered settlement is proof he's guilty the settlement that may have been Singer wanting to quickly end this

The way this case has been unfolding Egan comes off as one seeking publicacy.

Singer Is doing Apocalypse and some are becoming a bit more suspecious of Egan.What others unearthed about Egan's past court cases and fact Singer was working on first X-Men when Egan claimed this happened In hawai Is why some are skeptical of Egan's claims.His lawyer who has history of shadyness dropping him says everything.

Herman wants this to end most likely after his attempt to get someone else to file charges against Singer was dismissed.

While some will say Singer offered settlement is proof he's guilty the settlement that may have been Singer wanting to quickly end this

The way this case has been unfolding Egan comes off as one seeking publicacy.

Singer Is doing Apocalypse and some are becoming a bit more suspecious of Egan.What others unearthed about Egan's past court cases and fact Singer was working on first X-Men when Egan claimed this happened In hawai Is why some are skeptical of Egan's claims.His lawyer who has history of shadyness dropping him says everything.

The settlement was for $100k which suggests the case does not have merit. A real sex abuse case with evidence would've cost Singer millions to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"