Apocalypse Will X-Men Apocalypse Lead to AOA?

The ship is most likely Ship, a known "character" from the comics.

Here's some information for ya:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_(comics)

I guess we kind of agree, as this whole concept is an "alternative reality future". So if that is the one concept that you've come up with, is there a better or more fitting "alternative reality future" than one that is AOA inspired?

That's my early speculation but Not enough is known to make any other guess, I ain't gonna speculate a whole possible plot but I am convinced whatever it is will be part of the story and benefit the younger characters in development

Last edited:
Look, although I get how many of you feel, that the DoFP Wolvie wake-up scene should have been the very last hurrah for the OT cast, the popularity of that movie likely led to some thoughts of doing it again.

Think about it...

You're Singer or Kinberg, of some Fox Exec., and you find out that this cross-over cast movie DoFP was one of the most successful in the history of the franchise, wouldn't you be thinking "Hmm... is there some way to do this again?".

This is just logical. I know if I was some Fox Exec. I'd be asking the logical questions of why this was so successful, and I believe the logical answer was because it was a cross-over with both known casts. I would absoutely be asking "Can we do it again somehow?".

As I'm sure you all will agree, very often it's all about the $!

Only logical if all you're thinking about is quick $. At this stage, considering the landscape of comic book movies, the real logical question would be: How do we build and sustain a long running interconnected series? The answer wouldn't be: We repeat the gimmick of DOFP so we can cash in on actors who probably wont be doing this much longer, if at all.

So with the rumor being around OT Storm, OT Magneto, and Wolverine (possibly OT), doesn't it make sense to try to come up with a story that is focused around these three? And again, the only story that I can figure out, is an AOA inspired story focused on Wolverine's and Storm's love!

And again, I just want to say for the record, it's not that I necessarily want this to happen. I would much rather see them focus on this new, young cast and have a planned out timeline from one story that leads to the next, that leads to the next, and so on. It's just that this darn logic of mine, when I look at this rumor of McKellan and Berry with Jackman, comes to the conclusion of this AOA inspired story!
Like others have pointed out, if its true then its probably Wolverine 3 related.

^ Although I would tend to agree with your assessment that the best move would be to work towards building and sustaining a long running interconnected series, that's not really what we've been given by Fox.

Fox is not Marvel, who has proven the best way to create an expanded movie-verse.

No, Fox has proven, as has been part of this thread's discussions, that they put blinders on when it comes to these X-Men movies. With all of the continuity issues they've created, it sure seems that they look at just this next movie and put in whoever and whatever they feel will make this one movie the best.

That's not the best recipe for creating an expanded movie-verse. So why should we now expect anything different from Fox?

Also, anyone who doesn't think that the Fox Execs are looking at things from the POV of $ is kidding themselves. DoFP was the most successful X-Men movie to date (after combining US and international sales) and they must believe/realize that a big part of that is the use of two casts. So why wouldn't they try to do that again if they could?

As I brought up earlier, a big piece of this concept is the aging OT cast. If they want to use McKellan and Stewart again, let alone Famke and Berry, they need to act quickly. These movies take a couple of years to happen, so time is against them. You said it yourself when you wrote "actors who probably won't be doing this much longer". It would be a major shame to lose one of these very popular OT cast members before they could be used one more last time to make more bank. So the timing of things would likely be affecting this type of decision.

Also, from their point of view, this decision wouldn't be choosing to make more $ at the expense of the movie-verse. No, they would feel that by doing another crossover movie they would be enhancing the movie-verse and giving more depth to characters, both young and old. And if they decided to go with a future dystopian AOA universe where Apocalypse is the main antagonist, then again they would likely convince themselves that they are enhancing that story, showing just how much of a threat Apocalypse is!

Do you write fan fiction? I'd like to read some

Last edited:
Thank you. I've dabbled. If I ever complete anything I'll let you know.

In the meantime, in looking at a different thread I saw one picture where Singer et al were doing their thing and the computer screen had an AOA picture up. Makes me think that they've been thinking along the lines of AOA. I do not believe that this movie itself is AOA and there is no real evidence to support that it is. This seems more like an Apocalypse origin movie that will allow for the resolutions between Chuck, Raven and Erik, while giving us the Horsemen, and more pointedly Archangel (which is effectively confirmed at this point).

It almost comes across as though Archangel might be the main threat in this one, allowing Apocalypse to escape/regenerate/what have you, which could set him up for a future story!

Thank you. I've dabbled. If I ever complete anything I'll let you know.

In the meantime, in looking at a different thread I saw one picture where Singer et al were doing their thing and the computer screen had an AOA picture up. Makes me think that they've been thinking along the lines of AOA. I do not believe that this movie itself is AOA and there is no real evidence to support that it is. This seems more like an Apocalypse origin movie that will allow for the resolutions between Chuck, Raven and Erik, while giving us the Horsemen, and more pointedly Archangel (which is effectively confirmed at this point).

It almost comes across as though Archangel might be the main threat in this one, allowing Apocalypse to escape/regenerate/what have you, which could set him up for a future story!

Oh come on really? you are sure damn well persistent to find loop holes leading to AOA

they already said they are taking elements from the comics (But alot of it would be different) for this movie and that could very well be AOA so to assume whats on the computer screen if them eyeing a future movie thats not this one is just stretching

Last edited:
Like what?

There is absolutely no evidence that this is going to be AOA inspired!

Look at the main story points/differences of AOA:

1. Xavier dead
2. Magneto leads the X-Men
3. Wolverine in love/married to Jean (or Ororo - animated series)
4. Alternate dystopian universe
5. Bishop
6. Mr. Sinister
7. The Prelates (good X-Men now villains - Cyclops & Havok)
8. Dark Beast
9. Magneto married to Rogue
10. Holocaust
11. Abyss
12. Mikhail Rasputin
13. Blink
14. Morph
15. Wild Child
16. X-Man

So of all of these I list, what is supposed to be in this Apocalypse movie, from what we know?

McAvoy's Xavier will be alive, Erik won't be leading the X-Men, Wolverine won't be married to Jean or Ororo (and may only be a cameo), it's not a dystopian alternate timeline, Bishop is stuck in the future and no rumor of him being in this, no casting for Sinister, Cyclops will be a good guy X-Man, not expecting Havok, Beast will likely be just Beast - at least at the start (maybe he'll be darkened if made a Horseman), can't see Rogue being in this, not expecting Holocaust, Mikhail or Abyss, Blink is stuck in the future, no reason to believe we'll get Morph or Wild Child, nor should we expect to see Nate Summers since we haven't even met Cable yet!

So what elements are you expecting they will take from the Age of Apocalypse?

I'm just not seeing it!

Kinberg already said alot of it would be different to the comics, you are thinking about to to much as in they are gonna adapt it straight from the comic

I don't think so!

There are many different Apocalypse stories.

One simply focuses on Apocalypse and his Horsemen, which included Archangel, which is the story I believe they are adapting.

The Age of Apocalypse story is a very special one that needs to have at least a couple main pieces, such as being in a dystopian alternate timeline rules by Apocalypse, and most likely include Xavier being killed and Erik leading the X-Men.

There is absoutely no reason to believe that that is what this story is!

Again, please tell me any element of the AOA story that you are expecting to be integral to this Kinberg/Singer Apocalypse story!!!!???????????????????????!!!!!???

Again, please tell me any element of the AOA story that you are expecting to be integral to this Kinberg/Singer Apocalypse story!!!!???????????????????????!!!!!???

We know nothing about it so what exactly are you expecting me to give you?

surely by now you have realised that not everything is gonna be done by the comic or even within continuity since you also believed they may age a baby into angel and then archangel which that was way over complicated and honestly the thought of anything about this leading to AOA after wolverine 3 ect ect is probably too

thats all i am gonna say on the matter

But you're the one arguing that this will be an AOA story. I'm saying that there is no evidence to support that, which you argued against.

Look, here's my evidence...

A story that has a 1983 Charles Xavier finding and bringing young students, such as Cyclops, Jean and Ororo, to the mansion to be trained, is nothing like the AOA story.

A story that has Raven, Charles, Eric and Hank resolving their various character arcs has nothing to do with the AOA story.

A story that uses Archangel as a Horseman has nothing to do with the AOA story, though it does have everything to do with a very different Apocalypse story. In fact, that story just happens to be one of the very first Apocalypse stories that was in the comics.

For this movie to be an AOA inspired story, McAvoy's Charles would need to sacrifice himself, towards the start of the movie, saving Eric, who then takes on the mantle of forming and leading the X-Men. There is nothing to suggest that that will happen.

That would need to lead to a dystopian future where Magneto leads the X-Men. There is nothing to suggest that that will happen.

Where Wolverine is in love with either Jean or Ororo. There is nothing to suggest that that will happen.

Where Cyclops and Havok are working for Apocalypse. There is nothing to suggest that that will happen.

Where Sinister and Beast are mad scientists messing with mutants DNA. There is nothing to suggest that that will happen.

So what I am saying is that from everything we know there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this will have any of the elements from the Age of Apocalypse. You're arguing against this claim, but the only evidence that you can give is "we know nothing about it".

i am saying it could have elements from AOA, obviously without knowing more whats the point of making up stuff

But again, you're the one that argued.

But ok, give me any AOA element that you believe could be in this movie? Not one that you think WILL be in it, just one that would match what we do know about this movie?????

But again, you're the one that argued.

But ok, give me any AOA element that you believe could be in this movie? Not one that you think WILL be in it, just one that would match what we do know about this movie?????

stuff like magneto taking down apocalypse, at some point magneto may have to train the X-Men, maybe charles will be badly hurt or maybe even a horseman and its left to eric to take over the X-Men

elements, not straight adaption

Well, to me, the small elements you mention is not Age of Apocalypse inspired. That would be more of a "how do we bring Eric and Charles together" than "let's adapt the Age of Apocalypse".

Guess I just view the Age of Apocalypse very differently than you do!

joe-madureira-x-men-the-complete-age-of-apocalypse-epics-cover-sabretooth.jpg

No, Fox has proven, as has been part of this thread's discussions, that they put blinders on when it comes to these X-Men movies. With all of the continuity issues they've created, it sure seems that they look at just this next movie and put in whoever and whatever they feel will make this one movie the best.

That's not the best recipe for creating an expanded movie-verse. So why should we now expect anything different from Fox?

Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that they just recast Cyclops/Jean Grey/Storm/Angel/Nightcrawler?

Also, anyone who doesn't think that the Fox Execs are looking at things from the POV of $ is kidding themselves. DoFP was the most successful X-Men movie to date (after combining US and international sales) and they must believe/realize that a big part of that is the use of two casts. So why wouldn't they try to do that again if they could?
Because they need to develop characters. Specifically the young core X-Men they just cast. That ain't gonna happen if they're all sandwitched into one movie billed behind Hugh Jackman. They want $ for sure. But don't you believe they want it to last as long as possible? To accomplish that they need to focus on building a strong foundation for their movie-verse NOW. With the young crew. First impressions are important, and they wouldn't have the opportunity to make any playing second fiddle to the OT. Its shortsighted. They should be trying to emulate Marvel/WB by thinking about the big picture that comes with a big payday and not just the big payday.

Also, from their point of view, this decision wouldn't be choosing to make more $ at the expense of the movie-verse. No, they would feel that by doing another crossover movie they would be enhancing the movie-verse and giving more depth to characters, both young and old. And if they decided to go with a future dystopian AOA universe where Apocalypse is the main antagonist, then again they would likely convince themselves that they are enhancing that story, showing just how much of a threat Apocalypse is!
I'm sorry but this is total BS. Their POV would be dead wrong. Repeating concepts and burning out a top tier villain that quickly? :loco: "more depth"? Is that a joke? You know damn well at least half the cast would get shortchanged. Everyone saw what happened with the OT in DOFP.

^ That doesn't make any sense. I'm saying they have proven they do whatever they want to to make the best story now. Casting young versions of Scott, Jean, Ororo, Kurt and Angel are obviously being done specifically for this story. Angel specifically is obviously being forced, disregarding the continuity/timeline, in order to support the story.

I've already explained that in the minds of these guys another crossover cast story would develop the characters. They would believe by having a story where both the young and the OT cast are in it they character, whether young or not, gets more development.

Yes, I agree with you that the moment Hugh is in the movie that he gets a lot of focus, as would Stewart, McKellan, Berry, and others. But again, from their POV that doesn't mean that the new characters wouldn't get story or development.

Although they may talk a big game, I don't believe that Fox is Marvel. Marvel systematically planned things out with different phases, solo movies, the Avengers movies, major villains that get cameos, and more, That's smart, but that's not what Fox has done. Fox seems to focus on the one thing at one time. Sure, they are expanding in the form of Deadpool, another Wolverine movie and Gambit; but that's a bit different than what we're talking about here.

I strongly believe that if they felt they could have a huge success with one more last crossover story using the OT cast, which has a proven track record of making a lot of coin, then that is what they would do!

See again, from their POV, did the First Class characters play "second fiddle" to the OT cast in DoFP? Likely not since much of the story was based in the 1973 past. Same thing would likely apply to a story of this nature.

As far as "burning out a top tier villain", let's think about that statement. Most major villains get one and only one movie. At this moment I believe that we're only going to get one movie with Apocalypse, unless they do this AOA lead-in copncept I'm talking about. If anything, it seems like we actually agree on this point. You're saying you want to see Apocalypse again, and I'm saying that doing this AOA thing gives you exactly that.

Also, the AOA story is not the same as the DoFP story. Yes, both have some level of time-travel. In one (in the movie) Wolverine's mind was put into the mind of his younger self. In the AOA it would likely be actually time-travel. But that is a difference. One was a future with Sentinals, the other an Apocalypse rules dystopia with some known good guys working for the baddie. Again, big differences.

Look, I think you need to understand that for a lot of what you're saying, I tend to agree. I just don't believe that Kinberg, Singer or the Fox Execs would agree. I would rather see the OT cast only used in certain ways, while they focus all X-Men movie energy on this new, young cast, having one movie lead to the next, which leads to the next, which leads to the next, and so on. No more decade jumping! No more cramming too many characters into the line-up. But, I been disappointed by Fox in the past, so why should I expect anything different.

Simply put, give me any other concept than this AOA inspired one I've written about, that would have Berry's and McKellan's OT versions in the Apocalypse movie!!???!!???

Simply put, give me any other concept than this AOA inspired one I've written about, that would have Berry's and McKellan's OT versions in the Apocalypse movie!!???!!???

Could be one that takes liberties with the source material since this film series does do that

But of course the xmen films have always cherry picked and adapted the source material

^ That doesn't make any sense. I'm saying they have proven they do whatever they want to to make the best story now. Casting young versions of Scott, Jean, Ororo, Kurt and Angel are obviously being done specifically for this story. Angel specifically is obviously being forced, disregarding the continuity/timeline, in order to support the story.

Refuse to believe they are thinking about just this story and not future installments as well.

I've already explained that in the minds of these guys another crossover cast story would develop the characters. They would believe by having a story where both the young and the OT cast are in it they character, whether young or not, gets more development.
And I don't believe that they would truly believe that.

Yes, I agree with you that the moment Hugh is in the movie that he gets a lot of focus, as would Stewart, McKellan, Berry, and others. But again, from their POV that doesn't mean that the new characters wouldn't get story or development.
Someone would be getting shortchanged. That's an inevitability.

Although they may talk a big game, I don't believe that Fox is Marvel. Marvel systematically planned things out with different phases, solo movies, the Avengers movies, major villains that get cameos, and more, That's smart, but that's not what Fox has done. Fox seems to focus on the one thing at one time. Sure, they are expanding in the form of Deadpool, another Wolverine movie and Gambit; but that's a bit different than what we're talking about here.
It all remains to be seen I guess.

I strongly believe that if they felt they could have a huge success with one more last crossover story using the OT cast, which has a proven track record of making a lot of coin, then that is what they would do!

See again, from their POV, did the First Class characters play "second fiddle" to the OT cast in DoFP? Likely not since much of the story was based in the 1973 past. Same thing would likely apply to a story of this nature.
Who would want to see that then? Another crossover where the OT has what 25/30% of the movie? BFD.

As far as "burning out a top tier villain", let's think about that statement. Most major villains get one and only one movie. At this moment I believe that we're only going to get one movie with Apocalypse, unless they do this AOA lead-in copncept I'm talking about. If anything, it seems like we actually agree on this point. You're saying you want to see Apocalypse again, and I'm saying that doing this AOA thing gives you exactly that.
No. I don't want to see him again that quickly. Later down the line, yes.

Also, the AOA story is not the same as the DoFP story. Yes, both have some level of time-travel. In one (in the movie) Wolverine's mind was put into the mind of his younger self. In the AOA it would likely be actually time-travel. But that is a difference. One was a future with Sentinals, the other an Apocalypse rules dystopia with some known good guys working for the baddie. Again, big differences.
If you say so.

Look, I think you need to understand that for a lot of what you're saying, I tend to agree. I just don't believe that Kinberg, Singer or the Fox Execs would agree. I would rather see the OT cast only used in certain ways, while they focus all X-Men movie energy on this new, young cast, having one movie lead to the next, which leads to the next, which leads to the next, and so on. No more decade jumping! No more cramming too many characters into the line-up. But, I been disappointed by Fox in the past, so why should I expect anything different.
Refuse to believe that ALL they think about is $. IMO they are trying to build something. I'll take Kinberg's word on that.

See, the problem here is that many are saying they want to see Apocalypse again, just not right away.

Ok, I get that and in many ways I feel the same.

But, the problem is that one of the best ways to bring Apocalypse back is through an AOA inspired story. Normally that story takes place in the future, which would mean with the OT cast.

So IF they wanted to do the AOA story in the future with the OT cast it's not something they could wait on.

Now I will say that there are other ways to skin this cat. For example, they could wait 12 years and then do a present dystopian timeline where someone (like a Legion, Fitzroy, or whomever) kills McAvoy's Xavier and creates a Fassbender Magneto led X-Men fighting against Apocalypse. Doing it this way would have no use of any of the OT characters. It would just be a timeline that changes around the 1980's or 1990's cast and could be just a few years into the future, maybe ten at the most. Going this route would prevent the need for the OT cast.

But, most AOA stories are set in the dystopian future, which would likely mean the OT cast. And since many of the OT cast are aging, this would obviously be a concept they would want to move on quickly. Besides, if they want to use the same actor for Apocalypse, which would make sense, then doing it sooner than later makes that more likely.

Again, I'm not saying that this is 100% what will happen, but it's one of the only stories that I can come up with that would use McKellan's Magneto, Berry's Storm and Jackman's Wolverine. Since that is the rumor, that these three will have some form of "cameo" in this Apocalypse movie, trying to come up with a suitable story that is likely set in the future (as compared to 1983) makes sense, and again, this AOA inspired one is the only one that I can think of that makes sense.

Does anyone have other reasons/stories that would make sense for having these actors in this Apocalypse movie?????

Again, I'm not saying that this is 100% what will happen, but it's one of the only stories that I can come up with that would use McKellan's Magneto, Berry's Storm and Jackman's Wolverine. Since that is the rumor, that these three will have some form of "cameo" in this Apocalypse movie, trying to come up with a suitable story that is likely set in the future (as compared to 1983) makes sense, and again, this AOA inspired one is the only one that I can think of that makes sense.

See the thing about that is this theory is based on these characters having a cameo in apocalypse and its the only reason you can think of to why these certain characters would have one, that being building up to AOA

but these certain characters making a cameo can't hint to AOA and why? because wolverine 3 is coming the following year and if what stewart says is true then he will have a supporting team up role so whatever purpose your AOA 3 actors mckellen,jackman and berry have in apocalypse is a set up to nothing because the next film will be a totally different thing

and i know you will ask for a completely different explanation of why they would have a cameo but without knowing anything about the film you can't do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"