Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how If there Is even a rumor on MS/Disney films It Immedetly gets on front page but they are so slow on anything X-Men related.

I waited before reporting it as well, in case Singer put an official casting announcement on Twitter.

The news on Canto was more subtle than his other casting updates.

Yes, it is starting to turn into a little "sausage party."

Ellen, Anna, Jennifer, Fan, & Halle are the only women and I would assume of those five, Jennifer will probably be the only one with a real meaty role, not to say the others won't factor into the movie, but still.

I wish January Jones is included in this movie. I feel like Emma Frost is such a well-known female character in the X-Men universe and I feel like in a movie like this, it wouldn't be hard to give her a story or at least a role.

I don't think I wanna see that. Like I said, part of Emma Frost's appeal is her looks. Just imagine the reaction of the fanboys if they put an old Emma Frost in film.

sigourney weaver is very attractive, a woman of 55 can be very beautiful

Plus, fanboys complain about everything else, so...

I'd honestly rather an older, talented actress facing off against McKellan and Stewart, than Jones back.

Hugh usually goes home to NY on weekends, and according to Daily Mail photos, he was in NY on Monday (which is probably why he wasn't in that hockey photo, big sports fan that he is).

He's Australian. We don't give a damn about hockey. :woot:
Oh believe me, if it's a sport, Hugh likes it. Although it's true I've never read about him mentioning hockey or being at one of those games. He's been at baseball games, football (American) games, basketball games, but not sure about hockey. But in any case, his family is more important and if he doesn't have a filming/business commitment, he will fly home to NY on weekends or days off (he also did then when filming "Prisoners" in Atlanta).

Honesty, just get whoever did her make up in Galaxy Quest or Heartbreakers and she can definitely pull off an older Emma. :o

to be fair... galaxy quest was a decade ago though.. she's never going to look just like she did in Galaxy Quest or Heartbreakers ever again

While I agree with that, she is the right age to interact with Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart for anything, and while she wouldn't look the exact same, I feel those are the times she's look her best in the 2000s. Though I'm still personally for Michelle Pfiefer for the role, Singer has already shown interest in Weaver in the past, the same way he showed interest in using the characters of Sunspot and Synch who are possibilities of being used in this movie.

Magneto isn't a senior in the comics but Mckellan pulled the role off so "too old" isn't even an excuse not to cast her. I'm sure Weaver could make Emma a formidable opponent with a commanding presence.

While I agree with that, she is the right age to interact with Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart for anything, and while she wouldn't look the exact same, I feel those are the times she's look her best in the 2000s. Though I'm still personally for Michelle Pfiefer for the role, Singer has already shown interest in Weaver in the past, the same way he showed interest in using the characters of Sunspot and Synch who are possibilities of being used in this movie.

Now this I could get behind :up:

Jimmy Marsden is currently in LA, so if there is a secret Cyclops return, it isn't being shot now.

I'm still hopeful that there is a scene at the end, where both casts return to their original timelines and we see that Scott is alive.

Jimmy Marsden is currently in LA, so if there is a secret Cyclops return, it isn't being shot now.

I'm still hopeful that there is a scene at the end, where both casts return to their original timelines and we see that Scott is alive.

it would be a challenge to bring him back in a cameo in a way that matters, from the casual audience point of view he can't just show up like oh hi remember me

he hasn't had great character development so thats probably not a great way to bring him back, that and jean who did have a more to do thanks to wolverine had a bigger death scene also can't just come back like oh hi there its me again

whether singer feels it will work or not who knows

I don't think it really needs to matter, because in the changed timeline, he never died in the first place. It would be more of tease for the next movie that the entire team would be back. (Though I think Jean should stay dead because X2 was too good to undo/fix).

Singer said he wanted to FIX things, but what is there really to fix besides the unnecessary deaths and depowering of major characters in X3? The only continuity issues deal with the era the X-men began and Erik helping Charles build cerebro, both of which are not Major plot points requiring a time-travel story to fix.

I don't think it really needs to matter, because in the changed timeline, he never died in the first place. It would be more of tease for the next movie that the entire team would be back. (Though I think Jean should stay dead because X2 was too good to undo/fix).

i think the only way it could work is if more of the future Xmen are killed in this film, so at the end its not just like cyclops and jean are back and its mean't to be a big deal to the casual audience

if more Xmen are killed off it would mean more for the end seeing everyone alive again

They really need to find a way to close the time loop to prevent these paradoxes where the mind/person can be perpetually cycled back in time. Otherwise any events that occur in this continuity won't be taken seriously if they can always be retconned with more time travel, as is the case with most time travel films.

I don't think Scott should be brought back alive for this movie. It takes away the credibility of future deaths. You can bring Phoenix back in some sentient or omnipresent form but not as Jean Grey from the OT. If the timeline is altered such that the mutants all survive in the future, then it is obvious Fox has another trilogy in mind, which I may not have a problem with if they take the right approach. Personally, I want a third installment with the "past" cast before doing anything else.

I think the idea is to have a First Class series AND a current series of films going simultaneously. X4 AND First Class part 2.

Honestly, they've already dropped most of the X-men from First Class, so there isn't much of a team to continue with. I'm actually fine with First Class being a stand-alone prequel. But I'm sure they'll keep both series alive. $$$

I still think Melissa George would make a fantastic Emma Frost.

Emma.jpg

Headmasters.jpg

EveryoneSmall.jpg

BFbC9FFCIAEPRai.jpg:large

Could one of the gaps next to Halle Berry and Anna Paquin be for James Marsden (and maybe Famke Janssen?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"