Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could one of the gaps next to Halle Berry and Anna Paquin be for James Marsden (and maybe Famke Janssen?)

Could be, although at this point I'm guessing the best we could hope for is a cameo (which will likely be kept quiet)

Never thought of Melissa George as Emma Frost, great casting, she's cute as f%$!, and the accent just melts me, I should watch her show on Cinemax, I'll look it up later.

Oh, and could someone please photoshop Famke and James to the casting board? I would really appreciate that.

Jimmy Marsden is currently in LA, so if there is a secret Cyclops return, it isn't being shot now.

I'm still hopeful that there is a scene at the end, where both casts return to their original timelines and we see that Scott is alive.

I hope not. Bringing back Cyclops and jean Grey in this too much could be too much for the movie especially the story even if they will only appear in the end of the movie. Just save them for the next movie.

EveryoneSmall.jpg

It looks very cool!

I wonder if we will ever see a X-Men movie with a roster like that.

me too honestly i think she'd play the role far better than Weaver anyway... Weaver is fantastic, but i honestly see her more as Cassandra Nova than i do Emma Frost

Wow Poor Sigourney! :o:oldrazz:

I would love love love to see Cassandra Nova one day. A really nasty villain that destroys Xavier from a personal level. I'd love for the first two arcs of Grant Morisson's run to be adapted one to some extent.

But those stories were WAY too out there, so I'm definitely not holding my breath.

I would love love love to see Cassandra Nova one day. A really nasty villain that destroys Xavier from a personal level. I'd love for the first two arcs of Grant Morisson's run to be adapted one to some extent.

But those stories were WAY too out there, so I'm definitely not holding my breath.
Cassandra Nova was a great villain and one of the only new villains introduced in the last decade (or two) that remains memorable. You're right though that it will never be portrayed in a movie. The movie has to focus on villains that have something to do with human/mutant conflicts and not just mutant sibling stuff (even if it results in some of the former).

Come to think of it, Morrison also made Emma a bona fide X-man... and probably the only meaningful addition to the team since the 90s. And people still criticize his advancement of X-Men lore...

Come to think of it, Morrison also made Emma a bona fide X-man... and probably the only meaningful addition to the team since the 90s. And people still criticize his advancement of X-Men lore...

Thats my main criticism about the comics these days, they keep adding and adding new members to the X-Men team. I seriously lost contact on how many mutants joined the X-Men in the last decade and in this decade because for every new issue, or every story arc or every event that they had, they introduced someone new to the team and after a few issues, they are gone or in a hiatus.

Thats my main criticism about the comics these days, they keep adding and adding new members to the X-Men team. I seriously lost contact on how many mutants joined the X-Men in the last decade and in this decade because for every new issue, or every story arc or every event that they had, they introduced someone new to the team and after a few issues, they are gone or in a hiatus.
Yeah, you can tell which writers are more visionary and which are just hired to write. However, some writers were obviously given way more freedom to re-imagine the X-Men and it's roster/function and Morrison was definitely allowed to do what he wanted to do.

A picture like this one illustrates the importance of individual styling and colours, and the problems putting everyone in the same outfit, because the black costumes are all blending together into one big black blob...

A picture like this one illustrates the importance of individual styling and colours, and the problems putting everyone in the same outfit, because the black costumes are all blending together into one big black blob...
It is a manip, but I agree to some degree. I don't think they should all be in completely different colors, but more of a combination of colors that share a theme.

The black leather with colored piping was a starting point, but the costumer was so lazy that she just gave the girls one costume and the boys another (except for in X1 where Cyke and Logan had different uniforms).

My suggestion would be to have the costumes be two-part... maybe an outer, more functional part that's like a shell and then an inner part which is more like the body suit. The outer would be a darker shade (probably black) and the inner suit could be the (subtly) individualized part.

Don't bother listening to something on imdb unless there's a news article to back it up. I could go on there and add any other no name I wanted to as well.

I saw that on joblo.com, felt so random!

If Bryan or any movie site doesnt post it, I wont believe it.

So, Im gonna edit the panel assuming Omar and Booboo are the confirmed characters

Panel updated, with obvious assumptions.

in case Singer or any site adresses any clarification or change, Ill update it again ;)

The black leather with colored piping was a starting point, but the costumer was so lazy that she just gave the girls one costume and the boys another (except for in X1 where Cyke and Logan had different uniforms).

I totally noticed that! Rogue, Storm, Shadowcat and Jean had the same X-Men costume!

Are we assuming that Omar is playing Bishop? Is that the consensus with you guys?

Did you see Bryan's vine post?

Going by his casting, and the chair for Bishop, and considering there's no other black actors in unrevealed roles in the movie, I'd say it's confirmed he's Bishop.

I just thought of something; could Canto be a recast of Gambit?

Did you see Bryan's vine post?

I saw a chair with Bishop's name on it. But that doesn't mean that Omar is playing him. There are still "spaces" open on that casting list wall. That's why I was asking if we're assuming Omar is doing the character because he's black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"