Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Very hard to see how this movie is not going to be a cameo-fest, frankly.

I think all the actors confirmed to date will have at least two lines.

And at the same time, Im sure there will be unconfirmed cameos, once the movie gets released next year.

So will be funny to see final list of mutants on this sequel. My bet is 50 mutants or more :funny:

remember those 6 gaps?

there you have it :D

without counting cameos, of course.

There might have been really only 4 gaps with Booboo being last one not counting credets.2 have been filled.So we know Nixon Is one and who knows maybe Scarlet witch Is last one.

Maybe James Marsden and Famke Janssen are last ones if there were 6 left to
be revealed.and announcing them would spoil the ending of film:woot:

my bet is:

Nixon (not necesarily one of those gaps, if its a small part)
Wanda
and two x-men on the 70's.

If Pietro and Wanda get confirmed, Im sure there will be new young x-men on the 70's too.

Is there any reason why Blink, Booboo Stewart's character, Omar Sy's character, and Adan Canto's character couldn't be part of the 70s X-Men team?

Your forgetting they will likely have time travelers fill the gap of X-Men with Beast.

It will be very disappointing If eather rogue or Kitty doesn't join WOlverine In time traveling.
And If Blink Is how the travel goes she will likely be going so she can get them back.James
Mcavoy mentioning he may have scene with Patrick Stewart rasing possibilty he goes Into past too.

At this point with 4 mutants being Introduced for future scenes the only way you can
Introduce any new X-men In 1973 Is If they use the comic mind switch on Wolverine
making that the only time travel.Otherwise you run the risk of turning Into another last
stand,although If this Is 2 hours and 20 minutes and 2 hours and 30 minute long film that
helps,and then there Is question of who could they bring In.Inless Bryan Singer decired to say just screw It to Origins and begining of Last stand and have teenage Cyclops and
Jean.

I am sure since Bryan mentioned actor would be cast as Nixon It will be one of the gaps even though It might only be 2 to 4 scenes.Maybe Nixon replaces Kelly In Story and
If Peter Dinklage Is playing trask It takes that to get funding to devolp the sentinles.

marvelrobbins, I'm not seeing why the future characters would have to 'fill' spots on the 70s team roster....

and you didn't answer my question.

Is there any reason why Blink, Booboo Stewart's character, Omar Sy's character, and Adan Canto's character couldn't be part of the 70s X-Men team?

There are all In future scenes.Plus Omar Sy Is eather working on or will start shortly another film.All 4 have been working with OT cast.

Omar Is likely playing Bishop and Booboo likely playing warpath.Neither casting has been confirmed but Bryan has confirmed the characters In film.

^ Care to cite a source that specifically says that the four actorsa are/have to be part of the future team just because they've been working with the X-Trilogy actors?

marvelrobbins, I'm not seeing why the future characters would have to 'fill' spots on the 70s team roster....

and you didn't answer my question.

I just did.All 4 have been working with OT cast.

Since A last stand type disaster of just throwing tons of characters In doesn't sound like a film from Bryan Singer.Even when he makes films some online complain about he doesn't flood characters like Brett Ratner did.If any new X-Men were to be Introduced In 1973 It would have to mean they are keeping
Wolverine as sole time traveler with mind switch.To avoid this turning Into last
Stand that Is only way they could do It barring Bryan puts out a 2 hour and 20 minute cut not counting end credits:cwink:

^ Care to cite a source that specifically says that the four actorsa are/have to be part of the future team just because they've been working with the X-Trilogy actors?

Because A:It's very unlikely the entire cast time travels to 1973
B:They were working before any first Class actors showed up
C:Omar Sy Is eather done with film or won't be back till August or september due to another film

Because A:It's very unlikely the entire cast time travels to 1973

Says who?

B:They were working before any first Class actors showed up

This doesn't really mean anything.

C:Omar Sy Is eather done with film or won't be back till August or september due to another film

So what?

Unless you can cite a source that specifically and unequivocally backs up the conclusions you're drawing, there's no reason to assume that said conclusions are concrete fact.

Says who?

This doesn't really mean anything.

So what?

Unless you can cite a source that specifically and unequivocally backs up the conclusions you're drawing, there's no reason to assume that said conclusions are concrete fact.

Your suggesting they are going to do a clucstercrap of 12 characters sent back to 1973.That's going to be a very one sided battle against Brotherhood:doh:

There wouldn't be any need for any new characters In 1973 since you would have 8 from trilogy+4 new ones from future.

That would be disaster for film.Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Storm,Rogue,Kitty,
Iceman,Colossus,Bishop,warpath,Blink,Young Xavier,Beast,and whoever adan Canto Is playing Vs Young Magneto,Mystique,quicksilver,and maybe Scarlet witch.

^ Here's a plausible scenario that fits with the cast we've heard about and that gives the actors and characters a decent amount of focus:
We see a gigantic battle in the future between the X-Men and the Sentinels that results in several of the X-Trilogy characters dying heroically; the survivors then travel back in time, where they meet up with the 70s X-Men and work alongside them to prevent the dystopian future from whence they came from happening.

You're making the assumption that such a large cast of characters and a staggered filming schedule automatically means that anyone who travels back in time is going to actually join the 70s team because it's the only way to make sure every single cast member we've seen thus far gets ample screentime, which is far from the case.

Very hard to see how this movie is not going to be a cameo-fest, frankly.
That's my one concern about the film. I feel Magneto, Prof. X and Logan might get the spotlight again.

Xavier has gotten the spotlight in only one film though, First Class. That's the only film where we actually got to know him. All the other films he was either in a coma, trapped in an illusion, or dead...

Before Quicksilver cast announcement I thought there won't be more cast additions. Now I'm wondering if this is the last addition or fo there're going to be more. Thoughts?

Personally I think it's enough. Didn't X-men: the Last Stand teach us anything? :cmad:

I don't really know. I didn't think there would be more cast announcements since they already started filming. Bryan Singer continues to surprise me. I don't even want to predict what's his next surprise for us.

And its okay to have a huge cast if the writers and the director know what to do with them. And with X3, if that movie was longer at least 1 hour longer, they could have given the whole cast a proper treatment.

I think all the actors confirmed to date will have at least two lines.

And at the same time, Im sure there will be unconfirmed cameos, once the movie gets released next year.

So will be funny to see final list of mutants on this sequel. My bet is 50 mutants or more :funny:

So far we have 17 confirmed characters

1. Wolverine
2. Storm
3. Rogue
4. Iceman
5. Colossus
6. Shadowcat
7. Professor X
8. Magneto
9. Beast
10. Mystique
11. Dinklage's character
12. Bishop
13. Warpath
14. Blink
15. Canto's character
16. Quicksilver
17. Pres. Nixon

I don't think the final tally is gonna be close to 50 named-mutants, because that is just crazy!

Your suggesting they are going to do a clucstercrap of 12 characters sent back to 1973.That's going to be a very one sided battle against Brotherhood:doh:

There wouldn't be any need for any new characters In 1973 since you would have 8 from trilogy+4 new ones from future.

That would be disaster for film.Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Storm,Rogue,Kitty,
Iceman,Colossus,Bishop,warpath,Blink,Young Xavier,Beast,and whoever adan Canto Is playing Vs Young Magneto,Mystique,quicksilver,and maybe Scarlet witch.

That is a lot!

And I don't think we will even have Sentinels in the past. So why send the entire crew.

Ideally, at least 3 to 6 X-Men members should be transported in the past to do the mission.

Last edited:
You have to remember some of those characters might have a role as small as Henry gerich , bolivar trask , Quill, and deathstrike had in the original trilogy. Like every movie there will be a staring cast in focus with lead characters. Supporting cast, tertiary cast, minor cast, and cameos.

Don't expect an Avenger level of balance in this film. The cast is far too large for that. Some people will be very minor

And id wager Nixon is certainly minor

You have to remember some of those characters might have a role as small as Henry gerich , bolivar trask , Quill, and deathstrike had in the original trilogy. Like every movie there will be a staring cast in focus with lead characters. Supporting cast, tertiary cast, minor cast, and cameos. Don't expect an Avenger level of balance in this film. The cast is far too large for that. Some people will be very minor. And id wager Nixon is certainly minor

Thats what I think too

1. Wolverine - lead
2. Storm - supporting, field leader
3. Rogue - supporting
4. Iceman - supporting
5. Colossus - tertiary
6. Shadowcat - supporting
7. Professor X - lead
8. Magneto - lead
9. Beast - supporting
10. Mystique - supporting
11. Dinklage's character - lead or supporting, main bad guy
12. Bishop - supporting
13. Warpath - tertiary
14. Blink - supporting if she has a role like Nightcrawler in X2
15. Canto's character - tertiary like Multiple Man in X3
16. Quicksilver - supporting
17. Pres. Nixon - tertiary like the president in X2

And if Cyclops is in the movie, I think it will be a cameo role, just 1 scene.

I can see Canto/Sunspot(?) and BooBoo Stewart/Warpath having really small roles. I also think Blink will be a mostly silent character. She'll be more for visuals and transport. The future team might not be a structured X-Men team and may consist of rebel mutants or something. If that's the case, there could be mutants running around all over the place. I don't mind that at all.

Everyone seems to forget that all the supporting character/ cameo chaos came from X3 and Origins... wasteful use and/or terrible characterization of really popular characters (Psylocke, Juggy, Gambit, Deadpool, Emma...). Singer used cameos fairly well in X2. Having characters like Kitty, Colossus, and Jubilee in the mansion (where they should be) and Hank on TV had them semi-participating in the story, yet possible future inclusion was not ruined and no plot inconveniences were created.

Last edited:
That's my one concern about the film. I feel Magneto, Prof. X and Logan might get the spotlight again.

Well since Singer already said that the movie will really explore Magneto & Professor X's relationship, I think it's safe to say that they'll feature a lot. Of the remaining cast, Wolverine is likely to have the most screentime, especially as he's appearing in both timelines. So yeah I suspect a lot of the rest will just get the crumbs.

Because of that "time displacement" comment, and the fact that Wolverine already exists in both timelines, I'm still not convinced that the time travel will be physical. And if it's some kind of mind travel, then I think that it will involve Professor X somehow. Apart from anything else, it's a way to give him an important role to play in the movie because let's face it, a wheelchair will limit him a lot.

Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto are the core characters of this series.

But I hope after DOFP, it will change.

First off the size of Nixon role may be determine by who takes the Kelly role In film role Nixon or Peter Dinklage's character who may or may not be Boliver Trask.

Secondly there Is question how wolverine goes back to 1973.Well Blink's powers be reworked to allow her to transport characters back to 1973 or will they do
something similar to comics and put wolverine In Kitty's place and Xavier In Rachel's place.

A possable clue they are going with first Is James Mcavoy mentioned possibly having scene with Patrick Stewart.Now inless James misspoke as possibly was case of mentioning Alan Cumming for film,which there Is slim chance of still happening at end of film with the fallout from the correcting of Last Stand,and If that Is case I would think eather rogue or Kitty would make the trip.If Anna Paquin returns to montreal but Ellen Page Is elsewhere that Is possable clue on Rogue timetraveling with Wolverine.

The future scenes could be cross between original comic and Wolverine and the X-men with bunch of mutants fighting Sentinles and film cuts back and forth between 2 time peroids.Colossus,Warpath,Blink,and whoever adan Canto Is playing are likely smaller roles.They are mostly there for power displays and to take part In action sequenzes.Even If Blink goes back with Wolverine I still think she would mostly be In background.Bishop Is likely only new character with decent role In future role.He's only one taking part In future scenes Bryan tweeted about.

Bryan tweeting Even Peters may mean that Quicsilver Is key supporting character In 1973.Now he may be In film because Bryan wants him for action
sequenze that he feels Quicksilver Is essential for but that doesn't mean his role would be only In that.If Scarlet Witch joins Quicksilver It would probally
be for 1973 part of film.

Any new X-Men for 1973 part of film are only possable If they keep Time travelers limited.Now for those wanting 2 new X-Men In 1973 If say they use mind transfer with Wolverine as time travel that gives them opening without It becoming a mess like Last Stand.And Inless Bryan says screw It and brings In teenage versions of Cyclops and Jean,opening up the when exactly the trilogy was suspsoe to take place debate,you would be left with C list characters most likely since I doudt Polaris would be used with same powers as Magneto_Of course maybe they would just recast older actors for havoc and Banshee:woot:

If this Is an X2 and first Class length film this helps avoid falling Into last Stand terrority with too many characters.Even better would be a 2 hour and
a half long film,including credits,and 2 hours and 15 minutes or 2 hours and 20 minutes actual film.

marvlrobbins, I look at your posts and most of what I see is assumption based on very little information. Unless Singer or someone else has flat-out said that Wolverine is going to be one of the time travelers or that Bishop is only going to be part of the future scenes, filming schedules really don't tell us much at all. Just because an actor interacts only with certain actors doesn't mean that said actor won't appear on-screen with actors with whom they didn't interact, especially with today's CGI technology.

The Last Stand's problem wasn't that it had too many characters, BTW; its problem was that Brett Ratner really wasn't the best person to make the juxtaposition of the film's two plotlines and myriad of characters work. If you were to take The Last Stand exactly as it was and replace Ratner with, say, Joss Whedon, Christopher Nolan, Matthew Vaughn, or even Singer himself, you'd end up with a movie that would've been as good as or better than the first two films and First Class.

TLS is an OK film that could've/would've been better with a different director helming it.

Singer knows how to make things that might seem overly complex very simple and I therefore see no reason to make assumptions about how things can or can't work when it comes to time travel and utilizing the movie's large cast effectively, especially when we have very little actual information about the specifics of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"