Days of Future Past X-men First Class Length

This movie is testing the water. it will probably run for the same amount of time the first x-men movie did...

I hope not. IMDB says X1 was only 104 minutes long. I'm with Bamfer that this thing needs to be 2 hours long, preferably longer.

Well, I don't need a movie over 130 minutes. It's a bit too arbitrary to dictate a running time based on what we feel is providing a great amount of value and entertainment that is both well paced and well executed.

God, runtime threads have always and will forever be the bane of Hype existence.

I think the film should be 132 minutes and 37 seconds. No more, no less.

Despite X3's shorter length, it didn't feel like a shorter movie, however, when I noticed the large number of deleted scenes which I felt, didn't need to be deleted, if they were integrated back into the movie, I'd totally welcome the extra length because I felt they were helpful to the act(s).

My guess is just under two hours. If I had to give a range, 1:45 to 1:55. That's plenty of time if the focus is truly on Xavier and Magneto. X3 was bad because it had a lot to do, a lot of loose ends to tie up. But in general I've seen good short films and bad long films, and vice/versa, of course.

It should be around the 2 hour mark without credits, that'd be perfecto for me.

My guess is just under two hours. If I had to give a range, 1:45 to 1:55. That's plenty of time if the focus is truly on Xavier and Magneto. X3 was bad because it had a lot to do, a lot of loose ends to tie up. But in general I've seen good short films and bad long films, and vice/versa, of course.
X3 had so much more problems that were none time-developmental-related.

Even if you inserted the 10 minutes of deleted footage back into the movie, there'd still be a lot of issues with the script, acting, and editing choices that would remain.

I've always counted run times for movies with opening credits until the start of closing credits.

X-Men: 1hr 35 minutes.
X2: 2hrs 5 minutes.
X3: 1hr 37 minutes
Wolverine: 1hr 47 minutes.
Iron Man: 1hr 59 minutes.
TIH: 1hr 40 minutes (I think; been awhile).

Point being, a longer movie doesn't always mean a better movie. Some movie are perfect the way they are.

I consider all Spider-Man films too long. The Bourne movies are all around 1hr 40 to 1hr 50 minutes. They're perfectly paced and don't feel too long.

As others have said, it doesn't matter what the running time is. A good film is a good film. Some movies are better and 90 minutes; others are better at 2 hrs. We'll have to wait and see on X: First Class :D

Around Kick-Ass length seems about perfect to me, anything significantly shorter then that and I will start getting worried.

Man I hope thats true. Even with credits included, the movie would be at least 2hr 10.

But since this is Fox, Im still skeptical lol

This is great news. Remember Bryan Singer is a producer, so he has the power to control the movie. This could be a new X2. Almost 10 years after that movie, please make this the one !

This Is great news.We may be getting the next X2 with First Class.

I suspect unlike Wolverine they will like previous films have all credits at the end.

Greeeeaaat!! Hope is true!!

- Xavier and Erik origins
- Time to become the best friends
- Mystique origins
- Recruting Banshee and Havok,their origins and help them learn their powers
- Recruting Beast and showing he's origins
- Recruting Angel
- Showing Hellfire Club and expanding it a bit
- Dealing with the political aspects
- Time for Erik and Xavier become the "best" enemies
- Time to accept Mystique change of side (and the other mutant we know...)

and so on...

It really needs a looong movie

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/456865/X-Men-First-Class/overview

New York Times reporting 2 hours and 20 minute run time. Usually an accurate source for this kind of info.

Well that means that the movie is more than likely good!!! That was my last piece of the puzzle to know for sure that this movie will be excellent.

1st piece - Singer on board
2nd piece - Vaughn directing
3rd piece - Good cast
4th piece - Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz getting great reviews for their Thor script
5th piece - runtime

I mean come on...this movie has to be good.

Well that means that the movie is more than likely good!!! That was my last piece of the puzzle to know for sure that this movie will be excellent.

1st piece - Singer on board
2nd piece - Vaughn directing
3rd piece - Good cast
4th piece - Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz getting great reviews for their Thor script
5th piece - runtime

I mean come on...this movie has to be good.

I'm not 100 percent sure the NYT has the right running time (some really credible places put Thor at 15 minutes longer than it actually is). Based off what I've heard though, it's likely near the mark. No one really knows anything about First Class yet, but it's complete now. In the can, so to speak. Matthew Vaughn is very pleased with the final product, according to Mark Millar (who wrote Kick Ass). I think that's a good indicator that he's found the right length..140 minutes definitely isn't a stretch considering that Fox intends to reinvigorate the brand with this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"