Days of Future Past X-men First Class Length

2:20 seems a bit long, though.

140 minutes is most likely including opening stuff and the credits which last 5-10 minutes.

Even still, I don't see this going over 2:10. . .

I do! Great length...that is like perfect to me. (that sounds dirty)

Most of the films I love are over 2 hours.

Great length, I'm sure. :p

2:20 seems a bit long, though.

Really? As far as I'm concerned, the best blockbusters around all run between 130-150..There's nothing intrinsically indicative correlating quality to length, but seriously..the only really great blockbusters to come out under 130 minutes recently were Star Trek and Iron Man (Tron can come too). Blockbusters typically have big loaded scripts, and demand long running times. I doubt X-Men will drag!

We will probally get 2 hours as total film or 2 hours and 10 minutes of total film and 10
minutes of credits.I hope there Is no after credits scene.X-Men and X2 did fine without
them.

i would expect it to be around the same length as kick-ass which was 107 without credits and that dint drag, also just seen thor that a 1 45 minute film without credits, it didnt drag and was brilliant

Thor felt short, for me.

I think it needed more character development, specially for the warriors 3, Sif, Frigga, and the relationship between Thor and Jane.

I was really dissapointed with the movie.

120 minutes is enough

Really? As far as I'm concerned, the best blockbusters around all run between 130-150..There's nothing intrinsically indicative correlating quality to length, but seriously..the only really great blockbusters to come out under 130 minutes recently were Star Trek and Iron Man (Tron can come too). Blockbusters typically have big loaded scripts, and demand long running times. I doubt X-Men will drag!

Agreed.

Don't forget 2012 that film was bad and long.

X-men looks to be packed. i wouldn't mind a running time close to the Nolan Bat flicks.

Don't forget 2012 that film was bad and long.

Horrible example.

1.) Matthew Vaughn > Roland Emmerich

2.) Terrible script versus one that seems to be historically relevant and far more concise. (First Class)

3.) This is an X-Men story.

That's pretty surprising. I'd have expected with the quick timeline and this being Fox, we'd have to deal with a short (albeit well-crafted) product. Glad that's wrong.

That's pretty surprising. I'd have expected with the quick timeline and this being Fox, we'd have to deal with a short (albeit well-crafted) product. Glad that's wrong.
That's not how it works.

A production schedule doesn't directly dictate a movie's running time...It's usually more script/screenplay related.

Last edited:
I'm biased because I love X-Men, I'm a fan of Vaughn, I love Singer's X-Men films and this film is looking brilliant, so, I would love every minute of the 140-minute mutant love fest. :hrt:

Thor and Kick Ass do not have as many characters and backstories as X-men. Remember X3 and how bad it was ? I thought I was having ADD after watching it !

I'll be happy with 2 hours. Anything more is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"