Comics X-Men Month at IGN

Somebody tell those asshats at IGN that Kitty has a codename.

Can someone give me a link to this ING site?

To stop all bickering, why don't we join forces and belittle Rogue who was higher than both Ororo and Jean and there seems to be no Rogue fans here?

Also Cyclops as 1??? I get it!!! The list was trying to list the worst X-Men ever, so to find the best we should look at it upside down. The best is actually Guido :p. Goddess how can they list that brain dead dude as 1??? Those IGN are as brain dead as he is...

Cyclops deserved it IMO. The first X-Man and leader. Let's not forget the criteria this was based on: Personality, Dream and Staying Power. Cyclops has been a prominent figure for pretty much the entire X-Men history, is one of the chief upholders of the dream and has personality (be it good or bad) in spades.

Personality??? Cyclops???? Where???? He has always allowed telepaths to control him, be it Xavier, Grey or Frost. He is the guy that always screws up. I loved it when Emma compared him to all the other Marvel Leaders and he was crap compared to them. Astonishing 14 is one of my favorite issues ever :D

Manic said:
Somebody tell those asshats at IGN that Kitty has a codename.

Sprite or Shadowcat? I mean, that's the problem with her. Her own real name is much more distinctive than her codename.

Oh, and sebita? Stop crying.

Right. But her own birth-name is far more distinctive than Shadowcat. Kitty Pryde. It's just a very distinctive name.

I understand what you're saying. Its not just like "Bobby Drake", Kitty Pryde stands out.

Cyclops finally gets the treatment he deserves. He's the most lasting X-Men there is, and I'm glad IGN gave him his dues. Now, Rogue before Storm and Jean? I don't know about that, because I kind of feel Jean should have been number 2 in my opinion.

Does anyone find it humurous that Cyclops is number one for following Xavior's dream, yet Xavior himself is only number two? C'mon, someone has to find that funny.

usagicassidy said:
Does anyone find it humurous that Cyclops is number one for following Xavior's dream, yet Xavior himself is only number two? C'mon, someone has to find that funny.

They gave their reasons, that's good enough for me. I'm just glad Guido made it on the list at all. He deserves much more respect than he gets.

sebita said:
Not funny, bunny, Ridiculous!!!

You're just sore because your obsession didn't make the top spot. :p

I like Guido, but he's not an X-Man, there should not have been any non-X-Men on that list.

Cyclops said:
You're just sore because your obsession didn't make the top spot. :p

I've never heard of IGN until this very thread. I am not mad about a list a bunch of people I don't know (or care about) do. In my list she's always numero uno :D

sebita said:
I've never heard of IGN until this very thread. I am not mad about a list a bunch of people I don't know (or care about) do. In my list she's always numero uno :D

You say it, but you're not saying it convincingly. :)

X-Men #186
Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Salvador Larroca
comics-reviews-for-may-17-2006-20060517000941308-000.jpg
Rating: Burn It Rich's Review: This book is ludicrous. I literally want to take it out to the back of the building and light it on fire. This is worse than some of the stupid '90s stuff we all suffered through. Milligan seems to be winging it. The plot is virtually nonexistent, ranging from random plot devices to illogical cameos. The New Avengers guest star, presumably to add "weight" to Apocalypse's scheme, and they never actually do anything. Actually, Apocalypse's scheme is so outlandish that it's never taken seriously. Milligan realizes this and tries to address it via Apocalypse's reasoning, but even that comes across as half-hearted and idiotic. Larroca's art is an uninspired mess. There's no continuity between pages and panels, meaning that a lot of things just pop up out of nowhere. Apocalypse is walking through a dark hall in one panel, then in the next is falling down a brightly lit chasm. What? Then he's standing in front of a giant mouth. Sure, why not? Oh, and I forgot to mention the whole Neon Genesis Eva... sorry, I meant "Super Sentinels" that also seem to stand around and not do much. That's just wonderful. I'll be sure to take pictures of this book becoming a pile of ash. This is easily the worst thing I've read all month.

Haha that was a great review...because that issue...that arc...everything since Milligan has started deserves to be burned.

sebita said:
Not funny, bunny, Ridiculous!!!
Actually, it's very logical, considering the many times Xavier abandoned the X-Men and his dream.

sebita said:
Personality??? Cyclops???? Where???? He has always allowed telepaths to control him, be it Xavier, Grey or Frost. He is the guy that always screws up. I loved it when Emma compared him to all the other Marvel Leaders and he was crap compared to them. Astonishing 14 is one of my favorite issues ever :D
Now I could respond, but it would be futile against you sebita.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"