Comics X-Men Month at IGN

Glad Banshee made it, and I'm glad Cyclops was number one spot.

I do hate all this talk of Storm being suited more for being a leader than Cyclops, that's bull**** if you ask me.

Glad to see Cyclops and Kitty in front of Logan!
Cyclops as the leader of X-men,being no,1 is what he deserve!

I like Cyclops' spot on the list. It makes sence. I think Storm could have been alittle higher, but I won't complain any more than that. What I think is wrong about the list is the fact that Gambit is nowhere to be found. He may be questionable, but he believes in Xavior's dream and has fought alongside the X-Men for a long time. I think he deserves to be on this list.

Good to see Cyclops at #1..i was sure he was going to be #2 with logan being #1

I am quite suprised that Gambit was not in the top 25....he should of been in the top 10 imo.

Oh and sebita...stop your *****ing just because your ''godess'' just managed to make it into the top ten.

Harlekin said:
Now I could respond, but it would be futile against you sebita.

And here we've hit the heart of the matter.

I actually really like their list. I think it has the perfect people on it in the perfect slots. And their reasoning all seems very logical.

There was no Gambit? I didn't even realise that... that list keeps on sucking...

sebita said:
There was no Gambit? I didn't even realise that... that list keeps on sucking...
Again, the criteria:
The Dream
Personality
Staying Power

Gambit fails the first and last category. He hasn't had a decent role in comics in years.

Harlekin said:
Again, the criteria:
The Dream
Personality
Staying Power

Gambit fails the first and last category. He hasn't had a decent role in comics in years.

agreed.

I still think he should be in the top 25 though.

Harlekin said:
Again, the criteria:
The Dream
Personality
Staying Power

I disagree. Gambit has lived the dream. He was maried to a human and has worked with them his entire life. He has alway believe that humans and mutants should work and live together in peace. And as for not having a decent role in comics in years, it is not Gambit's fault he has been in the hands of crapy writers for so long. I'd say he has more staying power for living through all the crap. I'd say he has more staying power than characters like Strong Guy. I mean, come on.:mad:

cardslinger said:
I disagree. Gambit has lived the dream. He was maried to a human and has worked with them his entire life. He has alway believe that humans and mutants should work and live together in peace.
But I'd hardly call him a follower of the dream. He's not its most loyal member. Gambit isn't an X-Man because he's a fervent believer of the dream. He's an X-Man because his friends are, and they've become his family.

And as for not having a decent role in comics in years, it is not Gambit's fault he has been in the hands of crapy writers for so long. I'd say he has more staying power for living through all the crap. I'd say he has more staying power than characters like Strong Guy. I mean, come on.:mad:
Depends on your definition of staying power obviously. The fact that they were even able to do all this crap to a formerly succesful and popular character speaks enough words to me. Heck, I'll admit that Strong Guy shouldn't have been on the list, but Gambit certainly didn't deserve it more.

he will be come June

When on Earth was Rachel Evil??? This people know ****...

Sabretooth will be evil again by this time next year.

Crowley9 said:
When she was about to kill Selene and was stabbed by Wolverine?

That wasn't evil!!! That was her just trying to eliminate a villain. She didn't go Dark baby Phoenix on their arses and she very well could have. That small incident cannot count at all.

I know. Just grasping at straws here. Maybe she was a villain in Mojoworld?

It hasn't been revealed what happened to her in Mojoworld. She wasn't a villain there. The only plausible explanation is that they're referring to her hound days, but that was in the future and it wasn't her fault. It's not like she was evil...

sebita said:
he will be come June

When on Earth was Rachel Evil??? This people know ****...

Let's see:

~ When she was one of Ahab's hounds
~ When she went after the Beyonder and using the souls of her unwilling friends
~ When she was Bogan's "pet"

Maybe you're the one who needs to bone up on your non Storm knowledge.

Specter313 said:
Let's see:

~ When she was one of Ahab's hounds
~ When she went after the Beyonder and using the souls of her unwilling friends
~ When she was Bogan's "pet"

Maybe you're the one who needs to bone up on your non Storm knowledge.
That's not evil. That's brainwashing, overzealous anti-heroism, and mind control.

When she was Bogan's pet she wasn't evil, read my previous post to see that I mentioned the hound phase before you did :p.

Bogan, the Hound, those were situations behind her control, she was forced to do such things. The Beyonder is debatable, is she evil because she wants to kill a villain???? It's not like she was fighting the X-Men just to fight the X-Men. It doesn't count as "evilness" or "villainess".

Manic said:
That's not evil. That's brainwashing, overzealous anti-heroism, and mind control.

But she was still doing evil deeds, brainwashing or mindcontrol or not, she was still evil through those. Just because she wasn't the one in control doesn't make what she did any less evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"