Comics X-Men Month at IGN

You're not evil if someone controls your mind and forces you to do stuff!!

sebita said:
You're not evil if someone controls your mind and forces you to do stuff!!

Like I said, it doesn't matter. What she did was still considered evil.

IT shouldn't be. It's preposterous to compare Rachel to former villains like Mystique, Sabretooth and Frost. They're just not the same. Heck Gambit shouldn't be on that list either!!

She may have done evil things, but that doesn't make her evil. It makes her a tool of evil.

My Top 25

25.) MOIRA MACTAGGERT (not a mutant, but has helped the X-men more than most)
24.) POLARIS
23.) PSYLOCK
22.) CABLE
21.) SUNFIRE
20.) QUICKSILVER
19.) EMMA FROST
18.) FORGE
17.) BISHOP
16.) HAVOK
15.) MULTIPLE MAN
14.) BANSHEE
13.) GAMBIT
12.) ANGEL
11.) ICEMAN
10.) SHADOW CAT
9.) BEAST
8.) JEAN GREY (PHOENIX)
7.) STORM
6.) NIGHTCRAWLER
5.) COLOSSUS
4.) MAGNETO
3.) WOLVERINE
2.) CHARLES XAVIER
1.) CYCLOPS

-R

Manic said:
She may have done evil things, but that doesn't make her evil. It makes her a tool of evil.
True. It's just a grammar thing guys. They're obviously referring to Rachel becoming a tool of evil once more.

Am I the only one who just finds it really hard to give a flying fart about Rachel?

I like Rachel... when she's not written like a piece of crap.

I'm just sick of all this uber-ridiculous Summers family convolution.

i think gambit should have been there along with jubilee but mainly gambit

Cyclops said:
I'm just sick of all this uber-ridiculous Summers family convolution.
Well, in all fairness, Rachel's been around longer than any other time-traveling/universe-hopping Summers kid. She was around before it got too convoluted.

But she was the first straw of the convolution. She opened the door, everyone else just walked in.

I hate that list... Cyclops can't be #1...

I like Rachel, always have always will :D (she wasn't on the list either... wasn't she??)

sebita said:
he will be come June

When on Earth was Rachel Evil??? This people know ****...

She was a hound, gang. A mutant hunting and killing machine. That's pretty evil.

Not out of her choice, she was forced to do those things.

And btw, totally agree with your sig...

By the way... goddess... mind if I ask you a question Javon... how old are you?

sebita said:
By the way... goddess... mind if I ask you a question Javon... how old are you?
Javon is in middle school. Anyway, you can't get mad at someone for not understanding all this damn "internet shorthand."

I was getting mad at him in another topic... I really got mad at him there... this was just another drop in the glass...

Dude, Sebita. I've been there a done that several times with the whole "hate javon" thing. You just have to learn to ignore him or get used to it.

Ok, onto a new feature that started this week:

The 25 Greatest Moments in X-Men History
Shocking deaths, heroes reborn and alternate futures highlight our list of the unforgettable events from the past 40 years of X-Men comics.
by Hilary Goldstein & Richard George

May 22, 2006 - This Friday, X-Men: The Last Stand hits theatres. The third film in the X-Men series has a new director and a whole lot of new mutants. We can't say for certain whether or not the upcoming film will have any classic moments, but we have our fingers crossed. In preparation for the movie, we looked at the Top 25 X-Men last week. This week, we step it up a notch to bring you the 25 Greatest Moments in X-Men History. If you thought we were wrong about the best X-Men, just wait until you see our picks for the best X-Moments.
It wasn't easy to choose from so many great moments. Here are just a few that didn't make the cut:
  • Wolverine pops claws into Sabretooth's brain
  • Rogue vs. Carol Danvers in the Savage Lands
  • Jean discovers Emma & Cyclops' psychic affair
  • Stryfe removes helmet, reveals himself to be Rob Liefeld's dumb idea in New Mutants #100
Throughout the week we'll reveal the 25 greatest moments, five a day. If you think we got it wrong (or right), tell us your list.

No More Mutants House of M #7</B>
Words: Brian Michael Bendis | Pencils: Olivier Coipel
pixy.gif
x-men-20060522040032662.jpg
pixy.gif

Three words have never been more powerful in the Marvel Universe. After an epic battle that culminated with Quicksilver's death at the hands of Magneto, Wanda Maximoff took matters into her own hands. Seeing the devastation caused by mutants being both subservient and dominant, she decided the only logical solution would be to eliminate them. Uttering the words, "No More Mutants," the Scarlet Witch changed the face of the world in the blink of an eye. Thousands upon thousands of mutants were suddenly without their powers. Despite her blanket statement, a few hundred mutants were lucky enough to retain their abilities. Though many major characters were not affected, many such as Magneto, Xavier, Polaris and Chamber were suddenly mere humans.

Wanda's act was shocking because it marks the first time the Marvel Universe has been, at least for now, permanently and drastically rewritten. While events like Heroes Reborn and the Age of Apocalypse have altered reality, it was clear those changes were meant to be temporary. The Scarlet Witch has redefined the core Marvel Universe, including major characters like Professor X and Magneto. A moment like this cannot be underestimated in its importance.

Colossal Bar Brawl Uncanny X-Men #183</B>
Words: Chris Claremont | Pencils: John Romita, Jr.
pixy.gif
x-men-20060522040033741.jpg

pixy.gif
Not every great moment involves tragedy or triumph. Take this memorable stand-alone issue during Uncanny X-Men's golden period. Colossus has just broken young Kitty Pryde's heart, so Wolverine insists Piotr come out for a drink at the local pub. A bad coincidence has Cain Marko, the Juggernaut, out for a drink, minding his own business. One spilled bear later and Colossus and Juggs are beating each other senseless. Wolverine and Nightcrawler don't help as Colossus is served a hefty dose of humiliation. It's a lesson in what happens when you don't work with a team, one that is heard loud and clear by Colossus.

For years, Juggernaut has been seen as nothing more than an invincible brute who spends all his time causing trouble. But here, for one moment, he's actually shown in his civvies, just another guy trying to have a drink in peace. Sure, there's a big fight scene, but what sticks with us decades later, in the unique sense of camaraderie, rarely more evident in an X-Men book than in this Top 25 moment.
x-men-20060522040031413-000.jpg

Wolverine Kills Mariko Yashida Wolverine #57</B>
Words: Larry Hama | Pencils: Marc Silvestri
pixy.gif
x-men-20060522040034162.jpg

pixy.gif
Logan's love life has long been filled with tragedy. The Wolverine miniseries, which redefined the Canuck as a wandering samurai seeking to redeem his honor, provided the first pangs of this doomed relationship. Wolverine loved Mariko, whose father was an evil man associated with The Hand. After killing Mariko's father, Wolverine asked to marry Mariko. But the marriage was not to be and Mariko asked Logan to leave in order to preserve her family honor.

Skip ahead a few years to this bittersweet reunion. The star-crossed lovers appeared like they might indeed live happily every after, but Reiko, a Yakuza assassin, foiled the goodbye kiss by poisoning Mariko. In horrific pain, Wolverine was forced to end her life, rather than allow her to suffer. The chilling "snikt" remains one of the most heart-wrenching moments in X-Men history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"