X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather it be treated like Whedon's Astonishing. It was an a-list book that wasnt forced into crossovers.

that was bc that book was constantly being delayed and any attempt at a crossover would hold the other books up

I'm digging Legion and was surprised it didn't have it's pwn thread, such on offbeat obscure comic/character. Actually been a while since I read comics and started back up with NOW and was surprised Prof X had a son I didn;t know about.

Digging most of the X-titles now but I get em all on pirate bay cuz I'm broke

I'm digging Legion and was surprised it didn't have it's pwn thread, such on offbeat obscure comic/character. Actually been a while since I read comics and started back up with NOW and was surprised Prof X had a son I didn;t know about.

Digging most of the X-titles now but I get em all on pirate bay cuz I'm broke
Legacy has a thread in the Xmen section. Glad you enjoy it bc from what Ive read, its not my cup of tea. Ever since Marvel went double shipping with NOW, Ive been reading less. All New and Uncanny are the only ones I read regularly and even those Ive fallen behind on.

I love Legion as a character but didn't care for X-Men Legacy at all. I lasted four issues before finally giving up. I wish Mike Carey would have stayed on the book if it was going to focus on Legion. He had a really good grasp on the character. The aftermath for Age of X staring Legion was the best arc of Carey's run.

Cable and X-Force #10.......absolutely no respect for Colossus. It has always been stated that Colossus possesses enhanced speed in armored form; his opponents (even Wolverine) have always been surprised that someone his size moves so fast..... now he's slow? Also it had been shown waay back in X-men #100 that when in armored form Peter is immune to Rogue's touch. Colossus has to be one of, if not the most inconsistently written characters (at least among powerhouses) that there is. I kind of wish he'd kept the Juggernaut powers longer.....they did **** with that plot thread.:csad:
Rogue-Colossus-kiss-X-Men-Issue-100.png

I think the difference is that back then she couldn't control her powers and she can now. She willed it to happen basically.

And she's been shown using his powers in the past if I'm not mistaken.

Cable and X-Force #10.......absolutely no respect for Colossus. It has always been stated that Colossus possesses enhanced speed in armored form; his opponents (even Wolverine) have always been surprised that someone his size moves so fast..... now he's slow? Also it had been shown waay back in X-men #100 that when in armored form Peter is immune to Rogue's touch. Colossus has to be one of, if not the most inconsistently written characters (at least among powerhouses) that there is. I kind of wish he'd kept the Juggernaut powers longer.....they did **** with that plot thread.:csad:
Maybe being possessed by the Phoenix messed him up somehow? I seem to remember Cyclops & Emma were both messed up by it, as was Magneto, even though he was never actually hosting it. :shrugs:

Oh that Colossus, he be pimpin'... :grin:

It has Also it had been shown waay back in X-men #100 that when in armored form Peter is immune to Rogue's touch. Colossus has to be one of, if not the most inconsistently written characters (at least among powerhouses) that there is. I kind of wish he'd kept the Juggernaut powers longer.....they did **** with that plot thread.:csad:
Rogue-Colossus-kiss-X-Men-Issue-100.png
That's not exactly true. She's been shown to be able to absorb his power in armored form several times in the past. In X-men Revolution, Claremont did several things with people's powers that he never fully explained. Chalk that up as one of them. Considering she actually has full control of her own powers now, its not too surprising that she can do it with little effort

aZrwEtK.jpg

oLZJZ4X.jpg

C4sfkdK.jpg

Yeah, I do remember those events previous to X-men #100, but we were led to believe things had changed (and apparently they've changed again with no explanation). I guess it's just the inconsistencies concerning Colossus that are frustrating. He's treated poorly by writers more often than not.
Way back when he was a teenager he was given more respect than now. I think they should have explored the possibilities of him being Cyttorak's avatar a bit longer; it ended rather abruptly. It's seems it was just so he could kick some heavy hitter asses during Avengers vs X-men (and even that fell a bit short).

Yeah, I do remember those events previous to X-men #100, but we were led to believe things had changed (and apparently they've changed again with no explanation). I guess it's just the inconsistencies concerning Colossus that are frustrating.

It depends on how you look at it. The changes were more about Rogue rather than Colossus

Oh boy, it looks like its back. All New X-men 13 preview

ANXMEN2012013-int-LR-2-9bb94.jpg

Nice little permanent solution you came up with, Hope.

ugh. it's ridiculously overused at this point

I thought the whole point of Teen Jean was to avoid all that crap with the character? For all this, just bring back the real Jean already.

Poor Jean just can't get away from that stupid Phoenix can she?

I just read it and its not what it appears.
Lady Mastermind sees Jean for the first time and wants to make her suffer for destroying her family and driving her father insane. So she attacks Jean with an illusion. Im guessing she is making the X-men think she is Dark Phoenix so they can take her out

Glad Kitty said that Alex doesn't speak for her in reference to his speech about not calling them mutants anymore bc the M word represents everything he hates. It was good to see Bendis pick up on that speech and show that not all mutants agree with it and some found it offensive

Whats the deal with Silver Samurai. I cant tell bc of all that armor but is that a female now? When did the character change and who is that?

I just read it and its not what it appears.
Lady Mastermind sees Jean for the first time and wants to make her suffer for destroying her family and driving her father insane. So she attacks Jean with an illusion. Im guessing she is making the X-men think she is Dark Phoenix so they can take her out

Glad Kitty said that Alex doesn't speak for her in reference to his speech about not calling them mutants anymore bc the M word represents everything he hates. It was good to see Bendis pick up on that speech and show that not all mutants agree with it and some found it offensive

Whats the deal with Silver Samurai. I cant tell bc of all that armor but is that a female now? When did the character change and who is that?
I'm pretty sure Silver Samurai is still the same man. His breast plate is a little jarring but Mastermind says "he". He looks more masculine in the panel showing Madam Hydra. And as for Jean I took it more as
Lady Mastermind projected the illusion of her father, and with Jean already knowing what happened in the past with Wyngard and Phoenix, it freaked her out and started losing grip of herself. I imagine how a rape victim may react if after seeing their attacker again. She was saying before that how she has to make sure she's perfect so she doesn't make any mistakes and "seeing" him completely threw her off balance.

. And as for Jean I took it more as
Lady Mastermind projected the illusion of her father, and with Jean already knowing what happened in the past with Wyngard and Phoenix, it freaked her out and started losing grip of herself. I imagine how a rape victim may react if after seeing their attacker again. She was saying before that how she has to make sure she's perfect so she doesn't make any mistakes and "seeing" him completely threw her off balance.
If that's the case then how do you explain the
phoenix raptor and fire? Jean at her current power levels shouldn't be able to display that nor is her TK advance for the pyrokinetic effects. This only makes sense as an illusion from Mastermind and not Jean losing control bc she doesn't have the PF, at least not unless they say its been lying dormant in her which I don't think is the case

Last edited:
Well....
ever since Seagle/Claremont/Morrison in the late 90s-2000 you know they've brought back the idea that the Phoenix has always been a part of Jean and was the epitome/extension of her power (I still don't understand how that whole thing works. I've just learned to roll with it). Hank has already said when she accessed her telepathy for the first time that it was too early. So it would seem, to me anyway, that her powers are in overdrive and maybe since she isn't having regular sessions with Xavier, coupled with her inexperience, that she's losing control faster.

Last edited:
Well....
ever since Seagle/Claremont/Morrison in the late 90s-2000 you know they've brought back the idea that the Phoenix has always been a part of Jean and was the epitome/extension of her power (I still don't understand how that whole thing works. I've just learned to roll with it). Hank has already said when she accessed her telepathy for the first time that it was too early. So it would seem, to me anyway, that her powers are in overdrive and maybe since she isn't having regular sessions with Xavier, coupled with her inexperience, that she's losing control faster.
that was the old continuity. [blackout]AvX pretty much ignored any phoenix development from the past. Bendis was a part of that recent story which pretty much threw the idea that anyone can access the Phoenix Force, which was this cosmic force, not exclusive to Jean.

With Lady Mastermind clearly attacking Jean for revenge, it just seems apparent that this is an illusion she is casting to hurt her. If she weren't in the scene, then I might be more inclined to go with your theory, but she is and she immediately goes after Jean the second she sees her and thats when all hell breaks loose.[/blackout]

Last edited:
that was the old continuity. [blackout]AvX pretty much ignored any phoenix development from the past. Bendis was a part of that recent story which pretty much threw the idea that anyone can access the Phoenix Force, which was this cosmic force, not exclusive to Jean.

With Lady Mastermind clearly attacking Jean for revenge, it just seems apparent that this is an illusion she is casting to hurt her. If she weren't in the scene, then I might be more inclined to go with your theory, but she is and she immediately goes after Jean the second she sees her and thats when all hell breaks loose.[/blackout]

[blackout]Makes you wonder how long until we're forced to read an event that revolves around Wolverine getting possessed by the Phoenix, doesn't it?
[/blackout]

I'm pretty sure Silver Samurai is still the same man. His breast plate is a little jarring but Mastermind says "he". He looks more masculine in the panel showing Madam Hydra.

Its actually the original Silver Samurai's son. He's smaller and has jet boots... personally not a huge fan of him.

Didn't know he had a son. What happened to the original?

He was killed twice over. Once by ninjas, then had his head cut off IN hell.

The new one popped up as Wolverines adopted daughters boy friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"