Yellow Oval vs Black Emblem

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
4qf5NxM.jpg

yj4o481.png

I don't have one preference. The oval design is just so perfect and I have a nostalgic attachment to it, but it doesn't always work.

The Black emblem by a country mile.

I like both but overall much prefer a black bat emblem

I like both, but if push comes to shove, I side with the yellow oval.

I don't have a problem with either emblem and am fine with both for different reasons.

I love both, but if I had to pick one it would be yellow oval.

I always preferred the yellow oval as a kid. The plain bat looked too... well, plain. But I've long since changed my stance on that.

Black bat in general.
Yellow oval when paired with a black suit (just doesn't look as good on grey, for me).

I've always preferred the black emblem.

If I had a saw directed at my nuts, I would choose the yellow emblem. Not before reiterating that both can and does work.

The yellow oval made an appearance in Suicide Squad!

Surprised black emblem is winning. I thought yellow oval was the fan fav.

I’ve always favored the yellow emblem, but either will work.

On film, I would prefer the yellow emblem to be a nod/easter egg like being an emblem on an old suit in the bat cave

Love me some yellow oval, definitely what I prefer out of the two.

batman_BR_first_costume.jpg

Both are great, but there is something instantly iconic about the yellow oval.

Surprised black emblem is winning. I thought yellow oval was the fan fav.

I always thought the opposite. A lot of fans hate the Oval, often for the dumbest of reasons. Some have a problem with Bats wearing a yellow chest symbol, but have no problem with him wearing a giant yellow belt.

And currently, DC loves to associate the Oval with and only with light hearted/camp Batman.

In any event, I voted for the Oval. It is simply more iconic than a basic black Bat. An iconic symbol that befits and iconic character.

Also, for me, the Black Bat has become overrated.

The black bat comes in different shapes and sizes, too. Some work better than others. The yellow oval looks generally the same across all media.

Black Bat

Oval always reeked of branding purposes. Just not a fan, live action wise, of it's integration. B89 was tolerable but not ideal. Works for the cartoons though.

Black Bat

Oval always reeked of branding purposes. Just not a fan, live action wise, of it's integration. B89 was tolerable but not ideal. Works for the cartoons though.

I am not a big fan of the yellow oval either, even less so on a live action scenario, but if you gotta do it in Live Action I actually like what they did in Batman Forever were instead of yellow it was more of a golden color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"