You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

TDK suit looks good to me.

The Batman likes this.
  2. Travesty Registered

Yeah, I don't get it either. I actually think TDK suit looks way better, and I'm not a fan of that Batsuit.

I'm still waiting to see it in the proper lens that Matt Reeves is going to use, but man, I do not like this so far.

Spider-Aziz and The Batman like this.
  3. The Batman The Dark Knight

I liked TDK suit more when it came out, but now...

In general, there's only 4 or 5 live action Batsuits that I actually like.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  4. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

TDK suit is absolutely better than Reeves' suit without question. I honestly think it's just mental gymnastics at this point if someone argues that Reeves' suit is better in execution.

titansupes and Spider-Aziz like this.
  5. WhoMani Registered

I'm not a huge fan of the cowl and the forehead on the cowl looks weird. I've never been a fan of Batman having short ears as he doesn't look intimidating imo.

Its not a terrible look if we're going with the first year of Batman as it seems like Bruce didn't have time to care about the design and he just put together whatever he thought would be most effective. My initial reaction to the suit is meh but I'm going to give this a benefit of the doubt as it could look better in post production and that in future movies Bruce will hopefully upgrade the Batsuit.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  6. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

The cowl with the bug eyes and antennae plus the Black Widow gauntlets really bring it down. I actually love the rest of it, even if it's not what I wanted at all.

Spider-Aziz and WhoMani like this.
  7. Shikamaru Registered

I think the cowl looks better than the TDK cowl. Especially in that video Reeves released. The eyes look like bug eyes in the set photos but I think they'll look better in the movie.

Other than that I agree. Funny, I thought the one silver living to Snyder's Batman is that it finally moved us away from the bulky armor/rubber. I guess not.

Spider-Aziz and The Batman like this.
  8. shauner111 Registered

It’s a stunt suit. None of us should be comparing it to past suits with a straight face.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  9. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

I think a few added wings could have made it more visually pleasing as a Batmobile.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Zorro IncognitoX

Batmobiles and Batsuits are hot topics right now even more than usual. With the ones for The Batman revealed, time to update my rankings. My Top 5..

Batmobiles:

Batman/Batman Returns
    [​IMG]

The Batman

[​IMG]

The New Adventures of Batman
    [​IMG]

Adam West's
    [​IMG]

The Dark Knight Trilogy
    [​IMG]

Batsuits:

Batman Beyond
    [​IMG]

Batman Returns
    [​IMG]

Batman
    [​IMG]

Batman: Earth One
    [​IMG]

New 52
    [​IMG]

The Batman's suit is not amazing but not terrible either. It's alright for now but hopefully it vastly gets upgraded in a sequel

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  11. Fincher Coming Undone

Batsuits:

1. Batman '89
    2. Batman Returns
    3. Batman Begins
    4. Batman Forever
    5. The Dark Knight / The Dark Knight Rises
    6. Telltale Batman

Batmobiles

1. Batman '89 / Returns
    2. Batman Forever
    3. Batman v Superman / Justice League
    4. This:

[​IMG]

5. The Tumbler
    6. Reeves

Spider-Aziz and IncognitoX like this.
  12. Zorro IncognitoX

Is Beyond's ride considered a batmobile or a bat plane? I mean it flies but I've heard it be called a batmobile

13. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

They called it the Batmobile in the last episode.

IncognitoX likes this.
  14. Zorro IncognitoX

If it counts, then it's my #5..replacing the Tumbler

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  15. DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

Heya! Sorry for being away, I don't as much as I should.

I think it could look amazing. The cowl look a bit too big in the forehead area and certainly the stunt suit doesn't look all that flattering under that grey gloom, but I have a feeling this will become the next TDK-suit. That is, fans will come to love it.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  16. RisingForce97 Registered

In my own idea Gotham would be a lot more developed like a character in itself, it would be full of older architecture and have a very old fashioned look to it, but then there's constant pressure from the federal government to re-model and demolish half the city to build high priced condominiums, and expensive real-estate protects and move in more larger corporations.There's this on-going protect to make to re-model Gotham city (making it gentrified) but the federal and city government are at odds and have it out with each other on a constant and they can't get complete approval for this, but it looks on the consciousness and over Gotham on a continual basis and mounts pressure on regular non-wealthy regular citizens and criminals.Gotham would be this weird mixture of art-deco, old fashioned buildings, architecture with some areas covered in billboards and garish neon lights everywhere that don't mesh with the underlining city itself. There's a slum area that's like something out of a dystopian future) and one area so bad it's sanctioned off and declared almost "lawless" and surrounded by like chain-link fences and barb-wire. Gotham is considered the central hub for organized crime in this fiction America. But despite all this Gotham is still a place where there's opportunities and social mobility which is part of the contributor to it's crime problems. I also really like the idea of fleshing out the crime world and criminal syndicates that exists. There'd be a conflict and on-going crisis with the old established (but they'd be colorful and a little over the top with like leopard skin dress shirts) organized criminal world and this more new breed of crime syndicates that are outlandish and out of control and originate largely from the slums area of Gotham and quickly infiltrate and start gaining members in it's ranks from all the downtrodden, marginalized and poor areas and demographics of Gotham and become consumed in this specific gang. I imagined there's lots of civil protesting and civil rights movements happening in Gotham at that time which only add or become mixed into the fray at this time. It would be like this joke, with exaggerated riots and public property being destroyed due to angry social protests and angry student unions in Gotham. It's like, a right of passage in Gotham. I also imagined the police always being opressively and militarily violent in turn to deal with the problems and beating civilians with billy clubs

But those are just some of my ideas I had, I was inspired by anime (how even popular anime's end eventually and aren't continually on-going liek superheroes) and I wanted to take that finality; and also 80s anime because it's so dark and gritty, but also over the top.

#916 RisingForce97, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  17. RisingForce97 Registered

There I fixed it I think, i got and signed up for imageshack.

So Basically I imagine that the Joker after his accident somehow unlocks his "true potential" as a genius of some sort but (like they say you only have 10% of your brain's natural ability to consciously utilize, well he gains control over more of it) so, he can come up with multiple potential plans or course of action off the top of his head in an instant in any scenario but it makes him a little crazy and he thinks in this almost lucid dreaming way and impulsive way.
    [​IMG]
    I was inspired by Chemical romance and David Bowie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and then Batman I thought about mixing the black panther, daredevil and metal gear suits together it's not at all based on the new one from The Batman movie. Btw, he's supposed to be clinging to a wall with a giant spotlight being shone near him.

I was just thinking, i don't really care for the super industrial chunky armor almost military industrial complex looking type batman they go for, and thought the armor (or like Motocross armor) would be integrated and not clearly visible (in the suit) but some of it would be with his earlier suit.

#917 RisingForce97, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  18. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend