The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o5xrleWkk01rkdnjwo1_1280.jpg

I think that might be the first episode I remember watching. I can't be 100% sure, but when I look back, that's the one I have the clearest memory of.

First episode I remember watching was either Beware the Gray Ghost or Harlequinade.

First episode I saw was The Forgotten.

For me it was the first episode that premiered on Fox back in Sept. of '92', which was "The Cat And The Claw Part 1". I was impressed by it and couldn't wait for part 2 or more episodes for that matter.

What was great about Laughing Fish was it incorporated two classic 70's Batman stories. The Laughing Fish and The Joker's Five Way Revenge.

Thought I’d throw this in, great example of Joker’s need for Batman. I love this episode so much, I felt so bad for Sidney though.

M7W0gXv.jpg

^ That's the most interesting type of Joker characterization. The one obsessed with Batman. Who actually derives more fun out of challenging him than just wanting him dead.

tumblr_o67of59lZ01rkdnjwo1_1280.jpg

One of the underrated episodes if you ask me...

^ I love that episode. One of my favorites.

Tyger Tyger, burning bright, In the forests of the night;. What immortal hand or eye,. Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

^ That's the most interesting type of Joker characterization. The one obsessed with Batman. Who actually derives more fun out of challenging him than just wanting him dead.
It's the one I prefer, ala TDK.

^ I love that episode. One of my favorites.

Tyger Tyger, burning bright, In the forests of the night;. What immortal hand or eye,. Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

I'm...I do't know, I guess I'm half-and-half with it. I like the idea, I like Tygrus, but there was something about it that didn't really feel in place with most of the other Batman episodes.

It really is, and not only that, I like how Ledger’s Joker and the BTAS one didn’t only like challenging Batman, they thought of it as a game. Both versions would contradict themselves and attempt to kill Batman, but it’s as if they were trying to test Batman’s abilities.

That scene with Joker reminds me of this panel:

jokersgame.JPG

Except you know, if it's an "end of the story" kind of scenario like Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and The Dark Knight returns.

I think that might be the first episode I remember watching. I can't be 100% sure, but when I look back, that's the one I have the clearest memory of.

Holy cow me too! This is one of the first vhs tapes I ever had.

51BZGFMCFJL.jpg

First one I remember is On Leather Wings. Then the first one with Croc

I OWN all of the comics that they adapted episodes from. Bullet For Bullock is a great issue by Chucky Dixon but the best adaptation they ever did was The Cape & Cowl Conspiracy from Detective # 450 because they actually made the story better.

I'm...I do't know, I guess I'm half-and-half with it. I like the idea, I like Tygrus, but there was something about it that didn't really feel in place with most of the other Batman episodes.
Yeah, same here. It's a pretty episode, I guess, but I was never over-the-moon about it. I'm kinda curious why so many seem to love it.

What was great about Laughing Fish was it incorporated two classic 70's Batman stories. The Laughing Fish and The Joker's Five Way Revenge.

I think it's also the darkest the show ever got and the music and animation are great.

I think House and Garden is the darkest episode. Ivy making herself a family, babies etc that are really plant creatures was really dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"