The Dark Knight You Know You're Obsessed With TDK When...

Damn, most of these apply to me:
- When you have a TDK calender hanging on your wall
Check (or, it will be a check in another two weeks).
a screencap of TDK Joker as your desktop background
Check.
the novelization
Check.
the art of TDK
Check.
That's a big check.
and two folders on your laptop, one filled with every picture released from the production, promotional images, etc., the other filled with officially released screencaps and ones you've taken yourself or gotten from here (hundreds in each folder)
I didn't do that. Instead, I bought the Movie Masters Batman and Joker figures along with the Batpod, the Special Edition soundtrack, a Joker bobblehead, a Joker poster, a Joker costume, and I also have the digital copy of the movie on both my laptop and my iPod.
and you can recite the dialogue in almost every single scene word for word.
Getting there. I can already recite all of the Joker's lines offhand.

I made this one up..

You know you're obsessed with TDK when it says "Slaughter is the best medicine" on your truck.
Hmm, technically I saw it in the picture of the set so when it actually occurred in the movie it didn't seem like THAT big of a deal. I wonder if my friends spotted it (who didn't see production shots).
When you remember that it was exactly one year ago the first Dark Knight trailer was released along with I am Legend!!!
I totally missed this post before I made my thread, last night when I saw it was December 14th it occurred to me it was a year. :)

When you see 'I Am Legend' on TV and get excited for maybe half a second, then realize "Ehh, it was only for the Prologue..." and watch something else.

I knew I was obsessed whenever all these little tween girls at my work were getting all excitied for the midnight showing of Twilight about a month ago and I remember how much excitment I had during MY midnight showing of the Dark Knight.

Ahh...memories.

ok how about this? You know youre obsessed with TDK when you can match Joker's lines down to both voice AND intonation (meaning how he says something. Here's an example (say the first word really fast): I'ngonna MAKE this pencil..DISappear)
HAHAHA I do this ALL the time with my friends and they freak out with how close (they say) I sound like Heath as Joker.

When you're waiting for the school bus every morning, you stand the exact same way as The Joker in his opening shot in TDK.

Last edited:
When you see 'I Am Legend' on TV and get excited for maybe half a second, then realize "Ehh, it was only for the Prologue..." and watch something else.

hahaha! that made me laugh, it certainly did ride on TDK purple coat tales

When you see a school bus go by and wonder where The Joker is going :wow:

That made me lol.

You know you're obsessed when...

you hear someone say something like "I like that" or "I love it", and you immediately respond "Then you're gonna love me"

I've got the novelisation, DVD, posters, Art of TDK book, a wallpaper on my desktop and have all the images saved in my pictures folder. I admit it, I'm addicted. And I don't want to be re-habilitated.

When last Comic Con you bought a Joker make-up kit to put on for Sat. and you bought an extra one because you knew next year you were going as The Joker agian!:hoboj:

Pretty much ben doing the retrack of the process of the film pre release. Yes, I did do the, "It was exactly this day that the prologue and trailer for TDK was released."

Oh, and I watched the film this morning.

Been doing The Joker's voice now for months. Some days, it's alright, some days , like today I could do it very well. It's difficult memorizing his nuances but the licks and his movement is easy. It's easy to sound like him when he grumbling like when he's hitting Batman with the crowbar.

The voice isn't difficult but what's difficult is keeping it consistant but at the same time changing your pitch.

Oh, and when I was eating lunch, I did the whole mob meeting Joker scene. I mostley do the scenes when I'm home alone. Becuase if any of my family came in on me doing the Joker voice, that would creep them out.

i have: joker costume,a buttload of the dark knight toys,3 out of the 4 versions of the soundtrack score,joker wig,joker make-up,novelization,joker standup,joker poster,dark knight background,dark knight collectible cards, 1 Joker Card,a I Believe In Harvey Dent Pin,joker notebook,2 Versions of the film[dvd/blu-ray],harvey's coin

Getting hoarse trying to laugh like the Joker, even though you don't come even remotely close.

still make joker movies in full suit and makeup; even though halloween was 3 months ago

.....your reaction to the movie was something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UaJWzw79GI&feature=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

.....you put a pencil in your table as a collectible....not that i do it....:whatever:

.....you memorize every joker line, even the lips movement and record yourself in your cellphone.

....clean cellphone`s screen before reading a message

....will do anything for a hot toys joker....anything except sex...but really...anything

.....you call an operator and say "i want my phone call"

....after drinking something you say "who picked up rachel?"

.....when someone says "im sorry" you say "no you are not...not yet"

.....something good happens to your friends "you are a lucky man"

Last edited:
You know you're obsessed when you still watch TDK even though you have a bunch of DVDs from Christmas that you still haven't gotten around to watching.

you know you're obsessed with TDK when you'd kill someone if they disagree with you about how the Joker's scars where not caused by him.

When you try to act out pivotal scenes in the film. The last scene with Dent, Gordon and Batman. Try acting like all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"