The Dark Knight Rises Young Ra's Al Ghul - Does it mean flashback, or something else?

I keep going back to Godfather II in relation to Ra's in this film; the way his backstory was layered with Micheal Corleone's arc, his rise contrasted to Micheal's fall. Of course, the title Dark Knight Rises infers that Bruce rises in the story, so Ra's backstory could be used to highlight that. And it might have a lot to do with Bane as a character.

I keep going back to Godfather II in relation to Ra's in this film; the way his backstory was layered with Micheal Corleone's arc, his rise contrasted to Micheal's fall. Of course, the title Dark Knight Rises infers that Bruce rises in the story, so Ra's backstory could be used to highlight that. And it might have a lot to do with Bane as a character.
Interesting

If there is a contrast, then it would show how Ra's became a bad guy (he used to be a good guy)

Someone else said it but I'll say it again.

Young Bane(Bald kid) + Young Ra's

Old Bane(Hardy) + Old Ra's (Neeson)

All in flashback.

Because Nolan wouldn't bring someone back from the dead in this series.

Interesting

If there is a contrast, then it would show how Ra's became a bad guy (he used to be a good guy)
Right, it would be Ra's moral collapse (good guy to a bad guy) patterned with Bruce's rise (supposed bad guy to good guy). And they would both be obtaining a kind of power, Ra's with the League of Shadows and Batman with his position in Gotham.

The thoughts of this movie being non-linear in the way that Ra's has his own flashback/sub-story ala Vito in Godfather II makes me giddy. I LOVE that part of The Godfather Part II.

I don't want him to be resurrected in present time though and I don't think he will be either. With a bigger role I'm sure we would have heard about Liam Neeson involment earlier. I'm expecting one or two scenes from the past.

Someone else said it but I'll say it again.

Young Bane(Bald kid) + Young Ra's

Old Bane(Hardy) + Old Ra's (Neeson)

All in flashback.

Because Nolan wouldn't bring someone back from the dead in this series.

For me that's not the main reason, but it's my guess as well...

I've already proposed this idea but nobody paid attention. I'm glad to see someone else thinking along the same parallel. The only difference between Ra's and Wayne is compassion. That is the journey that will be highlighted here.

I disagree with Bane having any involvement with the League, however. I think it would weaken him in that it would develop the idea that he too serves someone, that someone being the League.

I think Bane will be a dominant force, alpha male without companions, if you will.

I disagree with Bane having any involvement with the League, however. I think it would weaken him in that it would develop the idea that he too serves someone, that someone being the League.

I think Bane will be a dominant force, alpha male without companions, if you will.
I wouldn't be in favor of Bane being with the LOS either, but he can still have a history with Ra's without being directly apart of the League. He could have been someone who (similar to Bruce) rejected the LOS but was still trained or even rescued by Ra's at one point.

I could see the Godfather II type deal working really well IF Bane is connected with the Ras flashbacks as well. If not, it would seem really weird to simply say "look how Batman rises compared to Ras falling" when Ras isn't even mentioned in TDK. Had Ras' presence been felt in TDK along with some dialogue about him or whatever from Batman, it would work because looking at the series as a whole, we would see the Batman-Ras connection as theme within the whole trilogy.
That is not the case, however, which is why I think Bane MUST be incorporated with these Ras flashbacks for it to work. If he is, and this is what their actually doing, then I think this could very easily top TDK. The Godfather II is seen as the greatest sequel of all time, possibly the best movie of all time by a lot of people and one reason is because the story is so well written by intertwining the two stories. If both Ras and Batman's stories are compelling, and they tie it all together well, this could top TDK from a pure story perspective. Joker will still be missed though, especially from the G.A

"Never go against the shadows" will be the tagline.

speaking about contrasts: bane rises...but batman is the dark knight...is bane even darker? or does it means that batman symbolizes the white knight like dent t'ill the end of the movie where he gets killed, or kills bane?
maybe then becoming the dark knight again cause he had to kill some one on purpouse for real?
will he be the dark knight throughout the movie cause they see him as a murder and bane is somewhat like a dragon ....white knights are known as dragon slayers aren't they? ment to be good but all that gotham has is a dark knight?

Remember, Ra's doesn't believe he's doing anything wrong. His moral compass may be a bit off, but he genuinely believes he's doing the right thing. Because of this, I wouldn't call him a villain, not a true one. People have been discussing his "fall" = elaborate on this? What event marked said fall?

I don't know Liam's role in this or how his Ra's is written, but I'm curious. Who's to say he died at the end of Begins? He could've easily survived. Nolan doesn't plan films in advance. If he wanted Ra's to live, he lives.

I don't know if Bane and Ra's are linked. Bane seems like a self-serving sort, the sort who wouldn't serve anyone other than himself. He may be linked to Ra's and the LOS, or he may not. We'll see.

I hope Ras is alive and Liam's scene is not a flashback.

Sure, it might be weird to introduce science fiction into Nolan's Batman, but it's the more bold and interesting choice.

I like Liam Neeson he's a great actor I would love to see him back as Ra's Al Ghul in a Batman movie.

Sure, it might be weird to introduce science fiction into Nolan's Batman, but it's the more bold and interesting choice.

If this is the case this movie will flop, in my opinion. Lets go from the joker to Teh Ra's being alive again. No thanks. If he does come back as a current character we can pretty much assume he will be the catalyst for the film and therefore play a role in the films climax most likely. we already saw that in begins.

While it's just a rumor, I've learned thatcyou shouldn't never be too dismissive

Wait...has Liam Neeson been confirmed by WB to be in TDKR or is it still rumor/speculation?

Liam Neeson? Is he going to be in TDKR? I thought he died in Batman Begins.
christopher-nolan-picture.jpg

we also thought Gordon died in TDK until he came back....DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN

If this is the case this movie will flop, in my opinion.

Not necessarily.
I hope IF Neeson is back, that it's a cameo of sorts, letting Bane and his minions take care of things. Then again, if Ra's Al Ghul survived in this universe, perhaps he would not take a back seat for a second go. Most likely it is a flashback, if Neeson is filming again.

Lets go from the joker to Teh Ra's being alive again. No thanks. If he does come back as a current character we can pretty much assume he will be the catalyst for the film and therefore play a role in the films climax most likely. we already saw that in begins.
Exactly, however, I would love it if Ra's survived, and survived not only by escaping the train, but by using the Lazarus pit.

It wouldn't be weird at all to introduce the weirder, crazier aspects of the Batman mythos, after all these villains thrive in their scifi characteristics, and Nolan has gone into the fantastical in the Prestige and to some degree in Inception. It would make it more interesting for me as well, but we'll see.

Well didn't Ra's mention that he was possibly "immortal" (Or his methods are supernatural). He could very well be alive... it would be cool.

But since he was most likely on-set for one day, I'm sure it's a flashback.

Not necessarily.
I hope IF Neeson is back, that it's a cameo of sorts, letting Bane and his minions take care of things. Then again, if Ra's Al Ghul survived in this universe, perhaps he would not take a back seat for a second go. Most likely it is a flashback, if Neeson is filming again.

Exactly, however, I would love it if Ra's survived, and survived not only by escaping the train, but by using the Lazarus pit.

It wouldn't be weird at all to introduce the weirder, crazier aspects of the Batman mythos, after all these villains thrive in their scifi characteristics, and Nolan has gone into the fantastical in the Prestige and to some degree in Inception. It would make it more interesting for me as well, but we'll see.

Except there's a nice quote by Hanz Zimmer where he states that they're never going to do that.They're never turning that corner...why do people suddenly think that's going to happen?

There's 0 indication that Nolan is going to the more fantastical...it's just the collective of fan-boy dreams who refused to look at things objectively and can only see what they would really like to see.

It's not happening that way, Nolan is clever enough (as I think he's proven) to do almost anything and not turn these into fantasy films.

A pit that has brought someone back to life will NOT happen in TDKR

I was just thinking, does anyone else think the reveal of Pence playing a young Ra's surprise anyone? You would think Nolan would want something like this kept secret, yet it was revealed the same time Pence was cast.

And it's hard trying to make Ra's relevent in this movie without Bane in some way. I mean why else would he be in this movie? It's got to have something to do with Bane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"