The Dark Knight Your Favorite/Greatest TDK Moments So Far – Fan Appreciation Thread (SPOILERS!!!)

BatmanFanatic

Sidekick
Reaction score
We have a “concerns thread” and a lot of other threads discussing various complaints, so I thought a fan appreciation thread dedicated to geeking out blissfully together to our favorite TDK moments was in order.

Here are just a few of the things that are giving me fangasms already from TDK…a top 10 list.

=========

10.More emphasis on that great playboy side of Wayne… on the yacht, at the party, etc

9.Joker careening madly down the highway, gleefully saying ”I lu-lu-luuuuuuv thi-i-is job!”

8.Bruce’s incredulous expression when Alfred wonders why a dog gave him trouble, and his hilarious response. “It was a big dog…”

7.“Accomplice? I’m going to tell them it was all your idea!” – GOLD.

6.The way Batman “enters” the interrogation room – by being there the whole time and only revealed right behind the Joker when Gordon turns on the lights and walks out the door.

5.The AWESOME way Joker acts out, “Never start with the head! It makes the victim all … fuzzy!” :funny:

4.“This isn’t exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people.” / “Maybe you could hire them and take the weekend off.” :funny:

3.The way Joker says “I don’t want to kill you!” as if he’s deeply hurt Batman would entertain the thought.

2.“We’re a small organization…but we have a lot of room for aggressive expansion…”

1.Bruce Wayne being called a “pretty boy” by a thug before he grabs his rifle, knocks him out with it, snaps it in half and tosses it aside like a plaything all without breaking stride. BEST MOMENT EVER!!! :wow::wow::woot::up:

Yeah, most of those moments you just wrote were REALLY intense and gripping.

-LBJ[/sarcasm]

well the movie hasn't come out yet but I'll give my top 5 fav things so far

5) Bruce and Alfred talking to one another is excelent from the whole "I'm going to tell them it was all your idea, too are you going to be alright with out me "

4) The Bat-pod

3) Joker at the party " You know you remind me of my father... I HATE my Father! "

2) All of Joker's lines are amazing period

1) Everything shown from the Interrogation scene

- all of the Bruce/Alfred dialogue

- everything so far from the interrogation room scene

- Batman/Gordon/Dent rooftop meeting!!!

- everything seen so far from the Batpod vs. semi sequence (the Batpod going under the semi!)

- Batman going after Lau in Hong Kong

- Harvey Dent on the floor screaming "noooooo!!!"

- more playboy Bruce (the restaurant with Harvey and Rachel, the yacht, etc.)

- the Bruce/Lucius Fox dialogue ("now that's more like it Mr. Wayne")

My top five:

1. Joker at the party scene clip. Everything he does is sheer awesomeness.
From eating the party hor'dourves while issuing threats, to rolling his eyes when nobody answers his question, to spilling a glass of champagne after yanking it from someone's hand and still taking a drink from it, to slapping some of the guests in the face, to the "You remind me of my father.....I hated my father" bit.

2. The interrogation room scene. That looks to be epic. A real battle of wills between hero and villain there. Joker pressing all the right buttons to piss Batman off.

3. The Bat-Pod chase of Joker's truck. I was initially skeptical of the Bat-Pod, but that clip from IESB makes it look awesome.

4. Bruce and Alfred scenes. Great chemistry between Bale and Caine.

5. "Hit me. Come on, hit me!"

Here is my top 5 so far:

1. The COMON HIT ME! Scene. The "Street fight" looks awesome and like it will be my favorite part.

2. The "A little fight in ya...I like that" looks like it will be an awesome fight between Bats and Joker.

3. "Dent I thought you were dead!" -nuff said

4. Joker tossing Rachel off the roof "ooo very poor choice of words!"

5. The "handclapping". I have no idea why this struck such a cord with me but Joker slamming his hands together in the prison cell just looks amazing.

We have a “concerns thread” and a lot of other threads discussing various complaints, so I thought a fan appreciation thread dedicated to geeking out blissfully together to our favorite TDK moments was in order.

Here are just a few of the things that are giving me fangasms already from TDK…a top 10 list.

=========

10.More emphasis on that great playboy side of Wayne… on the yacht, at the party, etc

9.Joker careening madly down the highway, gleefully saying ”I lu-lu-luuuuuuv thi-i-is job!”

8.Bruce’s incredulous expression when Alfred wonders why a dog gave him trouble, and his hilarious response. “It was a big dog…”

6.The way Batman “enters” the interrogation room – by being there the whole time and only revealed right behind the Joker when Gordon turns on the lights and walks out the door.

5.The AWESOME way Joker acts out, “Never start with the head! It makes the victim all … fuzzy!” :funny:

4.“This isn’t exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people.” / “Maybe you could hire them and take the weekend off.” :funny:

3.The way Joker says “I don’t want to kill you!” as if he’s deeply hurt Batman would entertain the thought.

2.“We’re a small organization…but we have a lot of room for aggressive expansion…”

1.Bruce Wayne being called a “pretty boy” by a thug before he grabs his rifle, knocks him out with it, snaps it in half and tosses it aside like a plaything all without breaking stride. BEST MOMENT EVER!!! :wow::wow::woot::up:

where are those bold statements from? i havent seen that stuff :(

my favorite so far is "Does it depress you...how alone you really are?"

its probably just the music from the trailer, but it was so odd and moving...

"Never start with the head, it makes the victim all fuzzy." GENIOUS!!

1. Joker Crashing Party Clip, Slapping people in the face, and talking with his mouth full

2. The Joker vs. Batman street showdown

3. Joker hanging out police window

4. "Why So Serious?" line

5. Does it depress you? / Joker in the dark

6. Everything the Joker says out his mouth

7. Two-Face Bar Scene

8. Rachel getting thrown out window

9. Joker shooting rpg out of semi-truck

10. Joker laughing while a flaming helicopter is headed straight towards him

-Harvey's hero/villain line.

-Batman beating the crap out of Joker in the interrogation room.

-The party scene.

-The roof scene with Dent, Gordon, and Batman.

-The Joker reveal in the prologue.

where are those bold statements from? i havent seen that stuff :(

The latest TV spots and the convention footage... can someone post a link?

Also - the party scene borrows A LOT from Alan Rickman in Die Hard ;) He should get props for being the first terrorist bad guy in an action movie to bust in on a party and then start eating the food while making his speech. (Alan Rickman improv'ed that btw, it wasn't written into the script...I love him :woot:)

=========

I'm looking forward to the individual character performances this time around. Jonah Nolan does here what Goyer couldn't accomplish by himself - he fleshes everyone out and gives each character a purpose. With that stated:

10) The scene with Maggie and Dent where she comments on him getting shot at. Dawes is an actual human being here!

9) That creepy, slow laugh the Joker gives in one of the recent spots! How sick is that?

8) The speech Joker gives before burning the mountain of cash. "I'm a man of simple taste.. I like DYNAMITE .. GUNPOWDER.. and GASOLINEEEEEEEE!"

7) Bruce disarming one of Joker's clown henchmen, taking him out with his own shotgun, subsequently dissembling and tossing it behind him like a rag doll.

6) I wasn't sold on the motorcycle, but it's great to see in action. Loved the chicken sequence involving Bats and Joker.

5) The scene involving Bruce and Alfred monitoring Dent's activities. The scars on Bruce's back in TDK is a definite homage to Alex Ross' previous work depicting such an image. This isn't your Adam West or George Clooney's Batman! Here's a guy getting his hands dirty down in the trenches!

4) I really liked the scene with Dent and Mayor Garcia. Carbonell does a great job here and he's not even a major character! I actually just found out that he used to portray a character called Batmanuel (obvious Batman parody) on The Tick. How cool is that?

3) Joker goes to maniacal lengths to steal loads and loads of mobster cash, only to burn it all down! LONG HALLOWEEN anyone? 'Nuff said.

2) The rooftop scene! Gary, Dent and Bats.. TOGETHER. Again.. Long Halloween anyone?

1) Anything and everything involving the interrogation scene!

1. The interrogation scene between Batman and The Joker

2. Harvey Dent's transformation into Two Face

3. The party crash

4. The semi truck chase

5. Joker's dialogue is great.

I can't really think of a whole lot because I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what we have seen so far is amazing.

The latest TV spots and the convention footage... can someone post a link?

Also - the party scene borrows A LOT from Alan Rickman in Die Hard ;) He should get props for being the first terrorist bad guy in an action movie to bust in on a party and then start eating the food while making his speech. (Alan Rickman improv'ed that btw, it wasn't written into the script...I love him :woot:)

TV Spots

Wizard World Footage

I must say I enjoyed the revelation that

the Joker didn't kill Bruce's parents

Best line is : "I don't want to kill you. What would I do without you?"

I must say I enjoyed the revelation that

the Joker didn't kill Bruce's parents

lol :whatever: :up:

I'd have to say my favorite moments that have been shown to date:

Best Dialogue Scene: "We Need Lau Back" - Gordon/Dent/Batman Meeting

My inner fanboy squealed at this moment.

Best Action Scene: Batman's 'Break-In' in Hong Kong.

Instead of Batman just busting through a skylight blind to take on Mr. Freeze, it was Batman utilitzing his skills to methodically calculate and plan a successful entry and take down.

Best Batman/Joker Exchange: Tie

"Let her go."
"Oh VERY poor choice of words...HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Why do you wanna kill me?"
"I don't wanna KILL you...What would I do WITHOUT you!!?"

----

CFE

I should have remembered to add "OOOOOH... VERY poor choice of words!" to my list, but with so many great moments, how can I remember them all at once? :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"