You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Updating...

Superman Tie Ins Announced
March 18th, 2012
L.A.-Warner Brothers announced today that this summers media monster 'Superman'-due in theaters in exactly 2 months-is slated to have numerous product tie ins and endorsements. PEPSICO will make us of it Pepsi soda products as well as Lays Chip's and Doritos; fast food chain TACO BELL will be distributing toys as well as custom made Superman themed mugs; 7/11's around the country will be selling custom made Superman themed Slurpee's; Mars Candies will be giving away 'Superman-sized Candy Bars' of SNICKERS, TWIX, and M&M's. MTV will also be doing a "Learn to fly Superman special", which air Sunday, 12th, at 8:30 P.M. est. which will feature MTV corresspondent Jamie Smith going Behind the Scenes of the filming, as well as giving 3 prizes: 3rd prize will be $25,000 dollars, 2nd prize will be $50,000 and a 3 day, 2 night trip to L.A. to attend the Suiperman premiere on May 15th, and 1st place will be your own private plane, in which you can literally learn to fly. Superman opens May 18th.

Superman to grace April 15TH cover of ROLLING STONE
April 1st, 2012
Superman will be making Rolling Stone cover debut: a Simple close of Henry Cavill; prominent blue eyes ablaze-staring into the camera, under the title "SUPERMAN- Rolling Stone sits down with Henry Cavill"

1st Superman T.V. Spot airs with "American Idol"
4/2/2012
____ here, did any of you goons see that kickass new SUPERMAN commercial? Is it May 18th yet? It seems like the whole world is counting down, after the all the trailer and media hype, but it feels as though each new piece of Superman-be it those nifty looking Taco Bell cups or the toys that are everywhere- just keeps looking cooler and cooler! Check out the spot below!

Superman T.V. Spot 1
*Fast drums*
-Superman flies into the camera during day, between building
-W.B. Logo
-Lois voiceovers "You know when theres just an instant connection" as we get a shot of Superman flying through the air, we rotate around him at night
-Lois plummets during the day in freefall, dozens of stories from the ground
-Back to Superman, who rockets past us, out of frame
-Lois Lane says to Clark "Wow"
-Lois continues "You just know its right"
-Clark stands at the Smallville farm
-"Your Father always said, that you were here for a reason"
-Shot of Jor-el on Krypton
-Shot of Jonathan on the farm
-Havoc smiles
-Superman voiceovers "What if I fail you?" as we see a teary eyed Superman flying upwards
-Jor-el says "You could never fial me"
-Music reaches as a pitch, as Lois, submerged in a tank, screams "SUPERMAN-HELP!"
-Havoc rockets into Supes side, smashing him out frame
-THIS SUMMER
-Superman flies over head
-Superman voiceovers "I have to stop him"
-Superman eyes Havoc at night
-A MAN OF TRUTH
-Superman flies with Lois
-Lois say's "But why you?"
-Superman flies against Traffic on a freeway
-A MAN OF JUSTICE
-An explosion sends hummers flying into the air
-Machines crash the kryptonion palace
-Havoc shape flies in outer space
-Superman says "Because I am the only one"
-A MAN
-"Who can"
-Superman and Havoc crash into a building
-Havoc uses his blastaff to blow up an army tank-it shoots into the air
-OF STEEL
-A building explodes
-A tidal wave crashes into a shape
-A helicopter crashes
-Superman flies into the camera
-SUPERMAN
-Havoc says "Cry for me"
-Superman is thrown backwards by his cape
-a huge crowd flees in the streets of downtown Metropolis
-'Superman'" he finishes
-An explosion sends Superman flying backwards, into the camera
-May 18th
-

Ive been very busy...time to Finish this:

Warner Brothers unviels new online Superman trailer via Fritolay
April 8th, 2012
Warner Brothers unvieled a new trailer for next months media monster SUPERMAN, which can viewed at their website as part of their contest to win ticets to the Los Angeles World Premiere on May 9th

The Superman "Lays" "Supertrailer"
-Shot of a Kryptionion village during the day. Peaceful.
-Jor-el voiceovers "Krypton is your home planet"
-More shots of Krypton
-Jor-el continues "It is a place ravaged by war"
-Shots of terrfied Kryptonions in camps, jails
-"The evil lord Brainiac and his armies wiped out much of the population"
-Shots of the enormous armies
-"When disaster struck, only the Prince of Krpyton was spared"
-Shuts of bursts of energy erupting from within the planet
-"The entire population was silenced in an instant. Except for one."
-Shots of a baby being placed in a a futuristic pod
-"The soul survivor, Brainiac it made his personal mission to hunt down the Prince"
-Shots of a meteor crashing into Kansas; Jonathan and Martha watch
-"fully aware that the Prince was the only thing that stood between him and complete rule of the galaxy".
-Shots of young Clark entering a barn at night
-"My son"
-Clark, now an adult, standing alone in the fortress of solitude
-"Your are that Prince"
-Pan back to see Clark, staring at the Superman suit, the S calls to him
-BLACK
-W.B. Logo
-D.C. Comics Logo
-Now we see Jor-el as he speaks "Brianiac believes that"
-Shots of Brainiac, Havoc
- "as long as Kal-el lives, he is not safe".
-Kal-el, in the fortress, says "How am I supposed to know what to do?"
-BLACK
-Music booms
-Jonathan Kent says "There is one thing I do know"
-Shot of Clark truging across the Arctic
-Pan over the Dessert during the day
Jonathan finishes "and that is that you are here for a reason"
-Clark peers through the Fortress
-Havoc talks with Brainiac "Lets crush this threat while we have the opporitunity"
-Shots of a futuristic spaceship being readied
-Brainiac says "Then go"
-Shots of downtown Metropolis at night
-"Kill him. Destroy the place"
-Shot of a secluded observatory at night
-Shots of crowds of people
-Shots of Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor
-"That gave him a safe heaven".
-Silence.
-Superman stands in the fortress.
-He says "But what if I fail you?"
-Fade to Black.
-Slow, epic choir music-Lord of the Rings ish
-As the music plays, we see shots of Clark learning to fly in the cornfields; barely touching off the ground;
-Shots of Superman and Lois seeing eachother for the first time
-Lois says "Who are you?"
-Slow, epic music continues
-Lex Luthor says "Superman is....a problem."
-Shots of crowds fleeing
-Superman and Lois on a rooftop at night
-Lois says "Whats it like..."
-Shots of Krypton
-Shot of Superman flying through a night sky
-Lois finishes "to be the last of your kind?"
-Close up of Superman, eyes welling up, as he flies through clouds during the day
-"How does it feel?" Luthor hisses
-Superman hovers outside a high rise window at night
-"Almost like your human, isnt?" hisses Havoc in a voiceover
-FADE TO BLACK
-Loud, foreboding music begins to play
-Shot of a small, sleek spaceship in the middle of the Dessert at night
-We see tis surrounded by military vehicles
-Havoc voiceovers "What have we here?"
-Luthor says "The only way to catch anything....live bait".
-Havoc unleashes fury on the army outside hsi ship-hummers fly into the sky, explosions everywhere
-Lois and Superman fly together in a nights sky
-Superman whispers "Sometimes I wish I wasnt who I am"
-Havoc glares at Superman in the middle of the dessert during the day: "Do you remember me?"
-Silence, slow motion
-Shots of crowded street-the people flee
-Buildings explode/crumble
-Superman is on his knees, screaming, dying
-Superman voiceovers "I have to stop them"
-Lex Luthor watching as a building explodes infront of him
-A pack of military jets flies overhead
-Lois voiceovers "Why?"
-Shot of the 2 of them in the fortress of solitude
-Shots of Havoc, Luthor, Olsen, and Jor-el
-Superman says "Because nobody else can"
-Close up on Superman face
-Music explodes, loud, epic, fast
-Havoc crashes through a cieling
-Superman and Havoc wrangle in midair
-A helicopter explodes
-Massive pillars topple in a palace
-Havoc dodges a flying taxi
-A building explodes infront of a crowd
-Lois Lane Plummets
-Superman flys through the air
-THIS SUMMER
-Superman, dragging Havoc in midair by a phone wire, slingshots him into a building
-Havoc screams "The inevitable is drawing near Kal-el"
-Lois Lanes car avoids an ugly crash on the highway
-Havoc and his boys fly by, Superman in hot pursuit
-Superman and Havoc, wrangling, crash into s building
-LIVE
-Superman flies low on a freeway, AGAINST traffic, cars swerve to avoid hitting
-A tidal wave smashes into an oil tanker ship
-Luthor screams "He is an alien!"
-Superman and Lois hover off a building
-Lex Luthor smashes a crow bar onto a weakened Superman
-THE
-Superman slams into the pavement
-Superman growls "Miss me?!"
-Havoc smashes a gasoline truck into Superman
-Superman screams
-LEGEND
-Superman rockets by in outer space
-Superman flies towards as a huge building behind explodes
-An explosion blows Superman back into the camera
-SUPERMAN

cool trailer description. Though i dont really feel going royality angle on the EL's.

I would love to make a Superman movie someday, being an aspiring film student. however, for the fun of the thread, i wud hav the following people involved:

Clark Kent/Superman- Tom Welling
Lex Luthor- Chris Pine
Lois Lane- Emily Blunt
Perry White- Adam Arkin
Jonathan Kent- William H. Macy
Jor-El- Hugo Weaving
Martha Kent- Felicity Huffman
Lionel Luthor- Treat Williams
Lara-El- Jennifer Morrison
Young Clark Kent- David Henrie
Lana Lang- Lyndsy Fonseca
Mercy Graves- Kaley Cuoco
Brainiac- Doug Jones

Directed by- Frances Lawerence
Written by- Kevin Smith
Director of Photography- Dan Mindel
Music by- Michael Giacchino
Editors- Conrad Buff and Mark Goldblatt

more to follow

BIG NEWS FOR "SUPERMAN"
New York- After 4 years of rumors, rights battles, and several failed development deals, Warner Bros. announced this morning that rebooting the "Superman" franchise will be there next project after Green Lantern is released in June 2011. They just signed I Am Legend director Francis Lawerence to helm the film, based on a script by Kevin Smith. Casting has already begun, with Smallville star Tom Welling signed on to play "Big Blue". "It's great to get to wear the costume, something we avoided on Smallville," said Welling, who was ecstatic to be offered the part. Principal photography begins in April 2010. Other news is to follow as Warner Bros. begins the media storm that is to follow from this exciting announcement.

chris-pine.jpg
emily-blunt.jpg

"SUPERMAN" CAST FILLING OUT

Feb. 15- Today, more casting news on "Superman" was released by Warner Bros. Emily Blunt has been cast as reporter Lois Lane, the famed love of Superman's life, and Chris Pine has been cast as the villain of the film, Lex Luthor. Addressing his age, Pine said "The story called for a much younger actor than what we've seen in recent Superman films. In this film, Clark and I are contemporaries and friends, and thats what makes their relationship so interesting." When asked about the casting, director Francis Lawerence said that the creative team could not have found "3 people more destined for these parts" than Welling, Blunt, and Pine. Warner Bros. said that the rest of the casting would be completed by the end of the month, with Principal photography ready to begin on April 5, ready for a December 2011 release.

Cast and Crew ready to go on Superman

March 1- With principal photography of this $205 million superhero epic beginning on April 5, Warner Bros released the final cast and crew details on Superman: real-life spouses William H. Macy (Fargo, Pleasentville) and Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) as Clark's earth-parents, Jonathan and Martha; Hugo Weaving (The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix) and Jennifer Morrison (House) as Jor-El and Lara-El, Clark's-or Kal-El's- biological Kryptonian parents; Anton Yelchin (Star Trek) as Daily Planet photographer Jimmy Olsen; Treat Williams (Everwood) as Lex Luthor's father and business partner, Lionel; Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory) as Mercy graves, Lex's mistress and assistant; Angie Harmon (Law and Order) as Metropolis police detective Maggie Sawyer; David Henrie (How I Met Your Mother, Wizards of Waverly Place) as a Young Clark Kent; Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass, Desperate Housewives) as Lana Lang, Clark's high school sweetheart; and rounding out the cast is Adam Arkin (Hitch, Boston Legal). Rumor has it that Doug Jones is cameoing as Brainiac. Grant Major (The Lord of the Rings) and Tom Sanders (Saving Private Ryan) are running the art department, while Dan Mindel (Star Trek) is the cinematographer. Michael Giacchino has also signed as composer. Roger Guyett, Ken Rlaston, and Scott Farrar are the visual effects supervisors.

I would love to make a Superman movie but unlike so many impressive displays here, I'll just give descriptions of what I think it should be. ALSO, I HATE ANY SUPERMAN SUPPORTING CHARACTERS (LEX, LOIS, JLA, ETC.) KNOWING CLARK BEFORE ADULT HOOD. SMALLVILLE CONTINUITY IS OUT. HERE WE GO:

TITLE- SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW

MY PERFECT CAST:

Clark Kent/Superman- Jon Hamm
Lex Luthor- Michael Ironside
Lois Lane- Sandra Bullock
Perry White- Alec Baldwin
Jimmy Olsen- Michael Cera
Jonathan Kent- Richard Gere
Martha Kent- Diane Keaton
Jor-El- Gerard Butler
Lara-El- Diane Lane
Young Clark Kent- David Henrie
Mercy Graves- Kate Beckinsale (make her blonde)
Brainiac- Lachy Hume

PRODUCTION:

Directed by- Martin Campbell

Written by- Sam Hamm and Tom Mankiewicz (Yeah I know they've already done BATMAN & SUPERMAN but they are perfect)

Cinematography- Wally Pfister (the Dark Knight)
Music by- Hans Zimmer
Editors- Terry Rawlings and Lee Smith

TONE/STORY:

Very much like the original 1978 film in tone, but it takes place in modern day, with flashbacks to Clark's past in Smallville (taking place in 1970's).

Metropolis is going to be a combination of CLOUD CITY (futuristic) and 1970's CHICAGO (urban). Don't worry it's modern day... no flying cars JUST THE BUILDINGS/ARCHITECTURE WILL LOOK FUTURISTIC & BRIGHT.

STORY:

Opens on Krypton (a desert planet resembling Tatooine with massive and gorgeous architecture. Updated scene from the 1978 opening of Superman)

Clark gets sent to Earth. Found by Kents...
forward to Clark in High School. Plays out just like the 78 version except Jonathon Kent doesn't die...
Cut to Clark entering the Fortress, with voice over of Jor-El saying: "Always remember Clark, you are the light to show humanity the way."

Cut to: phones ringing in Daily Planet. Clark, lost in thought (up to now the film has been a flashback thought in Clark's head.)

Clark answers the phone hearing a voice on the other end tell him about an alien craft hovering above the city. Clark hears this... hands phone to another reporter and excuses himself. Cut to Clark on the elevator. Elevator goes to OBSERVATION DECK of Daily Planet building. C;lark steps out removes his clothes TRANSFORMING INTO SUPERMAN. Flies above city and sees the alien ship. A blue and silver being that resembles THE PREDATOR falls out of the bottom of the craft, flying towards Superman.

As they collide into each other, the being introduces itself as BRANIAC. A battle ensues in the skies, with Lois Lane and Jimmy reporting the scene from a helicopter.

Cut to LEX LUTHOR watching the battle from his office high up in LexCorp Tower.

That's all I have so far!

Last edited:
some nice thoughts and interesting cast choices. Though for me personally i dont want to see next movies be to close/simular to the reeve movies. Dont want to fall into SR deal and end up being to simular.

Last edited:
Well, for the beginning, the sequence of events would be similar but not exact and with different actors and settings, it would be different.

Plus, since the flashback is only going to be the first 10 minutes, it would still be distinct, because I would take the best parts of Clark's origin from the first film and splice things together with different dialogue.

And as for casting choices, no one is better suited to play Supes than John Hamm.

Actors who are in their 20's don't really do it for me!

Last edited:
ok yea as i said i jus dont really want to fall into being to simular to reeve's or singer's movies. Sure i am ok with a few nods and injokes to reeve's movies. But I want to see next movie/series be its own thing and have its own footing to be the new superman for the generation.

I agree with webhead, if you're just gonna repeat what happened in the old movies, what's the point. THat was one major problem with superman returns it simply rehashed old material, and having different actors in the roles didn't make it better. If you're going to reboot supes then please give us a proper reboot. At least smallville, lois and clark, and the animated series gave their own interpretation of the events on krypton and earth once he landed. yes it's a familar story that most know at least in part, but giving an original take on that really would enhance the film and make it interesting for those who've seen the old movies. I don't think anyone will be walking into a new supes movie hoping they have plenty of references or similarities to the previous films. If that was the case then they should've just stuck with a SR sequel instead of a reboot. If they are going with a reboot then by all means do something original.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
TITLE- SUPERMAN: THE MAN SON OF KRYPTON

MY PERFECT CAST:

Clark Kent/Superman- still debating (no one seems to be tall enough or built correct)
Lex Luthor- Billy Zane
Lois Lane- Rachel McAdams, Anne Hathaway, or Kate Hudson with dark hair
Perry White- Alec Baldwin
Jimmy Olsen- Michael Cera
Jonathan Kent- Richard Gere but id prefer Dennis Quaid
Martha Kent- Susan Surandon
Jor-El- Jim caviezel
Lara-El- Monica Belluca
Young Clark Kent- ???? someone young
Mercy Graves- someone big breasted and blonde
Metallo – guy from Crank

PRODUCTION:

Directed by- James Cameron
Written by- ?????
Cinematography- Wally Pfister (the Dark Knight)
Music by- Hans Zimmer
Editors- Terry Rawlings and Lee Smith

TONE/STORY:

Very much like the original 1978 film in tone, but it takes place in modern day

Metropolis is going to be a combination of CLOUD CITY (futuristic) and 1970's CHICAGO (urban). Don't worry it's modern day... no flying cars JUST THE BUILDINGS/ARCHITECTURE WILL LOOK FUTURISTIC & BRIGHT.

STORY:

Opens on Krypton (krypton would look vastly above its time with crystals and such and very advanced) then credits, then in the credits show Krypton doomsday finale seen and Kal El shot off, then open with scene with 2 parents looking down in the with the camera shot up as if you were seeing the scene thru a baby’s eyes

forward to Clark Jr High School playing and chasing chickens into the barn when he steps the wrong way and falls and finds the ship when his father coems running in to explain to him about how he was found, later to clark get angry and begins showing off powers like the ability to run and jump high because he is angry and storms off only to be baffled by his new power. Cut to 78 series in high school with lana and hi graduating and talking about life and what their plans are going to college together and such but later that night hes awaken by the call of the crystal and basically ditches lana. Next morning Clark is standing in the field as Jonathon walks up and give the mother speech from the 78 movie saying he needs to go where his calling is but never forget and Jonathon tells him he needs to say goodbye to Martha but Clark cant face up to it cuz he knows she will be disappaointed and wont let him leave even though he knows he must . Cut to the Fortess being made and blah blah blah, he enters and learns for 1 YEAR about his life. In that one year as he learns from Jor el he hears the constent crys of everyone all over the world for help (natural disasters and terrorists. He then returns to Smallville and talks about what happened and tells his earth parents about metropolis and getting a job . But asks if he can crash for a month or two too till he gets on his feet in. In the mean time people all over the US ecsp in metropolis are being saved by a mystery person….

Thanks all i got due to being at work

Last edited:
totally daby that is what i want to see a clean fresh start with reboot. Cause yea if they just want to do the same old thing then go ahead do a stupid sequel to SR and continue that. But Really in my mind for superman they need to make a clean break and have the next one be its own entity and not needing to shoulder off of past movies beyond some simple injokes/nods.

ive actually begun writing a script for a reboot, and it wud stand on its own. it actually wudnt need a sequel rly

The only thing similar about my film to the 78 version is the sequence of his origin which is how it happens in the comics. I'm not DIRECTLY ripping off the film... no Zod. No Phantom Zone. No child lifting a truck. No football practice. No heart attack for Pa Kent... just using the UNIVERSAL & ACCEPTED ORIGIN. there won't even be a scene where he first goes to Metropolis. And as I said, it would be an opening sequence of events. This is going to be a 2 and 1/2 hour long film. 10 minutes really doesn't matter!

Haha I totally forgot about this thing.

well glofy if u do get anything down soon and you want us to see it please post it or pm it. bats ya i get what you are saying. As i said i just hope we can see a new take on things and not end up being just totally the same as before. I would really hate if all live action superman films from 70s-my life is just reeve's superman over and over and over again. The character has changed alot since then and i want to see films reflect on these changes.

The character has changed alot since then and i want to see films reflect on these changes.

As do I... I mean having the same villains in every film dampens things down as well as having the same story.

Obviously Lex should be a mainstay, but Supes has many great villains... Brainiac, Parasite, Darkseid etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"