Zac Snyder admits to mtv he is very interested in a tdk returns movie in the future

I wouldn't want to see Zack Snyder direct it. I wouldn't want a Dark Knight Returns movie in slow motion with pop music. Zack would slow down the action as he always does, which reminds me that I'm just watching a movie, destroys the pace, and takes me out of the film. I love Batman and Batman Returns but I don't want Tim Burton to direct The Dark Knight Returns because it's not Burton's preference of Batman -- it has Robin and Batman is huge in it and has the little ears, etc., in fact Sam Hamm said in Comics Interview in 1989 "Tim really admires The Killing Joke but he's not that keen on The Dark Knight. I like The Dark Knight considerably better than he does." I don't want Burton changing it to fit his vision and not Miller's. I'd like to see Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller collaborate on Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Also, I love Keaton in Batman and Batman Returns but Micheal Keaton's just too thin for Miller's huge Dark Knight Returns Batman and Christian Bale is too young. Miller said that he would love to cast Sylvester Stallone as the battered and aging Batman in a film adaptation of his Dark Knight Returns. "Just that mouth of his, the scowl and the way it would look in a mask," Miller said. "I loved 'Rocky Balboa.' This wounded warrior, that's what Batman is in Dark Knight Returns." http://www.flicksnews.net/2008/09/frank-miller-wants-sylvester-stallone.html
And the way Stallone, without the Rocky or Rambo voice, played Freddy Heflin in Cop Land deciding to clean up his town awaking to his own potential, wounded with the odds against him but he wont stop reminds me of Batman in Dark Knight Returns and convinced me of his potential as the Dark Knight Returns Bruce Wayne/Batman.
And I'd love to see Willem Dafoe as the Joker in it, and Bruce Campbell as Superman.

Last edited:
If this ever happens, I pray Keaton is in the title role. That would be too awesome for words.

Not sure I want Stallione as Batman....Cannot see him as Batman he just look laughable to me....Plus how he talks and you cannot understand what he be saying.

Not sure I want Stallione as Batman....Cannot see him as Batman he just look laughable to me....Plus how he talks and you cannot understand what he be saying.

I know that most people are stuck on Keaton and Bale. Stallone wouldn't be talking in the Rocky voice and saying "Yo, Adrian!" He would be talking normally and clearly as Bruce Wayne as he did in Cop Land were Stallone played against his stereotype.
And then he would be doing the raspy Clint Eastwood-imitation voice as Batman as described in Miller's All-Star Batman & Robin, like Keaton and Bale did. I can see him as Miller's Dark Knight Returns Batman, which is a very different looking Batman. Most importantly Frank Miller sees him as his old Batman and Dark Knight Returns is Miller's creation, so it's his call.
batna.jpg
bat1256307556batmandk13.jpg

Last edited:
So for the TDKR to work Superman has to be even more of a boyscout *****?
Come on not all comic book movies follow strictly from the comics.......
Superman can not be the government's *****....
I mean he can do what he has to do but how he do it and on his terms not the government.

Superman would never be the government's *****.

Serving his country doesn't make him the government's ***** or a little boyscout.
Superman by creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster was very patriotic, respecting the president,
aiding service men and fighting for his country is important to him.
1164014.jpg

supgeorgeld38a628a9c82d.gif

secretagent.gif

sup1256320969supepisode.jpg

supepisode26.jpg

Be no point talking that since we know Superman would destroy Batman.

Of course Superman could easily defeat Batman if he really wanted to.
Taking out Batman could be as easy for him as swatting a fly.
He easily rips apart Batman's body armor and breaks three of Batman's ribs in Dark Knight Returns without trying to beat him up.
supbat1.jpg

supbat2.jpg

It is much more exciting and intriguing to see someone overcoming great obstacles than to watch somebody swat a fly.
And Superman just wanted to talk to Batman, try to reason with him, get him to give up, not beat him up.
Batman can defeat Superman with Kryptonite.
supbat4.jpg

supbat5.jpg

Lol mind over muscle...Seriously Batman beating Superman no way in hell.

Only thing that can weaken Supes is kyptonite and Batman is a human not like he one of Supes alien super villians...Also Supes know Batman would try and use kyrptonite and can wear one of them suits that he wore in STAS to protect himself from kyrptonite....Then what Batman has his little toys....Supes would destory him.

Superman didn't have one of those special suits to protect him that's in Superman: The Animated Series.
The weakness to Kryptonite was created for a reason:
because making Superman unbeatable and flawless is boring.
And taking away that vulnerability to Kryptonite with a special suit is boring.

Thank goodness Miller never wrote a Superman story......
Lex proably have hookers in his mansion....
And Superman be a grim hero like how he was in Superman 3 when he turned rogue....
Getting drunk and flipping out at the bar lol....''What you people looking at!...Huh!

Seriously, Dark Knight Returns is partly Superman's story and he's a patriotic fatherly figure.
batmansup.jpg

And Luthor is in Dark Knight Strikes Again with no hookers, not even a Miss Teschmacher.

Last edited:
I understand Superman fights for his country and all but their is a line you cross from having people tell you what to do all the time....Especially when your a grown man....Also thought TDKR was all Batman's story only with Superman having an appearance.

as much as i desperately want Michael Keaton to come back as a fifty year old Batman, i kind of doubt he would want to do it. So if he does not do it, then i would not mind it at all if JDM stepped into the role. After all he did do an awesome job as the Comedian.

Who would play Superman? If Burton does direct the movie you know he have Nic Cage as Supes.

I understand Superman fights for his country and all but their is a line you cross from having people tell you what to do all the time....Especially when your a grown man....

All the service men are told what to do....And their all grown men....And like them Superman does it for patriotic reasons because he wants to serve his country, he works alongside them, rather than above them. He comes from above us but stands beside us. He imposes his own limits. He agrees to abide by the laws of the land (“the American way”). He tries to be a positive role-model, and to be a positive role-model the people must trust in the moral core of Superman.

Also thought TDKR was all Batman's story only with Superman having an appearance.

It's all Batman's story and it's partly Superman's story. Superman makes 15 appearances, Superman's in 36 pages of the book. He's a major force in the story -- he permeates it. Particularity the fourth chapter.

Serving his country doesn't make him the government's ***** or a little boyscout.
Superman by creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster was very patriotic, respecting the president,

BAtman by creators Bob Kane and Bill Finger was very patriotic, respecting the president,

BAtman by creators Bob Kane and Bill Finger was very patriotic, respecting the president,

That's not Batman by creators Bob Kane and Bill Finger.
Those two 1943 Batman covers are by Jack Burnley and Jerry Robinson.
Those 1942-1943 World's Finest covers are by Fred Ray and Jack Burnley.
Superman by creator Jerry Seigel was very patriotic, very public,
out in the daylight, aiding service men.
Batman by creators Bill Finger and Bob Kane was very mysterious,
a terror striking creature of the night lurking in the shadows.
batdetective33.jpg

batd1256492859batdetect.jpg

batd1256491487batdetect.jpg

0a1batgold01.jpg

bat1bat.jpg

After the Editorial Advisory Board was created DC had Batman portrayed exactly like Jerry Siegel's Superman.
DC editor Whitney Ellsworth created an Editorial Advisory Board in 1941 trying to make Batman as wholesome
and tame as possible to protect DC from the growing criticisms of comic books in the 1940s and 1950s by Sterling North,
Fredric Wertham, Greshon Legman, and the U.S. Senate which lead to the 1954 Comics Code
Authority forcing E.C., Gleason, Fox, Fiction House and Quality out of business.
Links that talk about the Editorial Advisory Board: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8580/Hist2.html
http://www.english.ufl.edu/imagetext...ibit1/dc.shtml
These book excerpts are from Comic Book Nation about the Editorial Advisory Board DC had:
batman1249510740books00.png

batman1249510538books.png

And the effect on Batman:
batman1249510850books.png

batman1249510914books00.png

Last edited:
All the service men are told what to do....And their all grown men....And like them Superman does it for patriotic reasons because he wants to serve his country, he works alongside them, rather than above them. He comes from above us but stands beside us. He imposes his own limits. He agrees to abide by the laws of the land (“the American way”). He tries to be a positive role-model, and to be a positive role-model the people must trust in the moral core of Superman.

It's all Batman's story and it's partly Superman's story. Superman makes 15 appearances, Superman's in 36 pages of the book. He's a major force in the story -- he permeates it. Particularity the fourth chapter.

Okay I was wrong he proably was not the gov ***** boyand boy scout....But who plays Superman in TDKR?

and who says that your beloved 1939 Batman wasn't patriotic?

He was not a role model at all...Wasn't that the Batman who killed criminals too and without hesitation....Also he did not aid service men or fight for USA...He fought for Gotham City only cause thats the only place he really cares about....Why kids wanna be like Batman?...Sure he is a great fighter and smart but he lives a depressing life and fights crime only to avenge his parents death not cause he wants to just randomly help people like Superman.

and who says that your beloved 1939 Batman wasn't patriotic?

He definitely was not patriotic like Superman.
Superman used his abilities morally and patriotically to assist humanity, helping those in need.
suporigin1.gif

suporigin111.gif

Batman fought crime for personal vengeance. Plane and simple. His parents were murdered and he's avenging their deaths by "warring" on crime for the rest of his life.
Batmanorigin2jksh.jpg

batmandetective30.jpg

Book excerpt from Batman Unmasked - analysing a cultural icon:
bat1256538704books002.png

bat1256538090battec381.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Batman only fought crime for his parents not cause he wanted to help.

Batman is not patriotic, he is the "Grim Avenger of the Night", his shadowy/mysterious nature unlike Superman is what makes him an anti-hero and yes, anti-heroes are also heroic. You don't see truth, justice and the American way written in Batman comics.

And this is coming from someone who hates Frank Miller's TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"