• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League - Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

If you look at other streaming films then they usually get only around 200 reviews so this isn't really out of the norm. Although I figured reviewers would want to get in on this regardless.
It strikes me because I thought this movie would have around 350/400 reviews.

but it seems that there will be much less

I watched Double Toasted review earlier and even they really enjoyed it. Both Korey and Martin gave it like a Low Matinee which is higher than I expected and probably the most positve I've ever seen them be when it comes to a Zack Snyder DCEU movie. It's very interesting to see Snyder actually turn the tide with some critics eventhough I'm sure its not going to be everyone which is still completely fine with me.

Nice bump, another 8 reviews taking it to 168 and still at 77%.

I watched Double Toasted review earlier and even they really enjoyed it. Both Korey and Martin gave it like a Low Matinee which is higher than I expected and probably the most positve I've ever seen them be when it comes to a Zack Snyder DCEU movie. It's very interesting to see Snyder actually turn the tide with some critics eventhough I'm sure its not going to be everyone which is still completely fine with me.
This is his best DCEU movie but arguably his most indulgent movie ever made. I think despite people liking his JL, lots of folks are simply tired of his style. Myself included. If there is a sequel or some other continuation, I really hope someone else directs it.

This is his best DCEU movie but arguably his most indulgent movie ever made. I think despite people liking his JL, lots of folks are simply tired of his style. Myself included. If there is a sequel or some other continuation, I really hope someone else directs it.
Totally fine for me personally. I just wanted my DCEU trilogy, and I finally got my DCEU trilogy :ilv:

so the score doesn't seem to be dropping, I wonder when RT is gonna give them that ever so elusive certified stamp

this will surely signify the end times

My guess is Sunday is D-Day. If there isnt a massive wave of reviews over the weekend there is no point in delaying further because more wont be coming.

I still maintain this drops to 65-67%. I think we get harsh wave coming this weekend.

I think the film deserves anywhere between 65-73% If it manages to stay higher, good but shouldnt really go lower than 65 imo.

180 reviews and 76%. A lot of fans have seen it now so the rest of the reviews are late! Not sure how many we’re going to get in total.

Lol, i should have put /s. We all lived through BvS tomato score. Thisnis nothing.

182 and 76%. Home straight to 200, and who knows if there are all that many to come after for (an albeit high profile) streaming release. Likely to be less than the theatrical at any rate in which case the rating would have that much less variability left.

Still 97% Audience Score ...highest of any DC movie!!

Don’t know what critics are thinking of. This is too epic but long so I’m going to give it a rotten score.

So dramatic. These are still small oscillations. It was at 74% with 80ish reviews. After a hundred more reviews its at 76%. Its gonna change for sure, but come on...

Maybe everyone is just bracing for another drop like WW84.

I'd love if four hour comic book movie cuts became the norm after this. I know it won't happen, but it's a nice thought. Watching that cut was like reading a huge graphic novel.

Still 97% Audience Score ...highest of any DC movie!!

Don’t know what critics are thinking of. This is too epic but long so I’m going to give it a rotten score.

You cant trust the audience score since it isnt verified. (its a streaming film) Plus the movie has been out 1 day likely the hardest core fans will have seen it first.

And I can see plenty of reasons why critics would not like it. Hell even us around here that love it can find plenty wrong with it.

Kermode called it "coherently dull", "turgid" and "bloated" haha. But he still admitted that it's substantially different and better than the theatrical cut. Also said that he always supports a director's vision over a focus group studio edit.

You cant trust the audience score since it isnt verified. (its a streaming film) Plus the movie has been out 1 day likely the hardest core fans will have seen it first.

And I can see plenty of reasons why critics would not like it. Hell even us around here that love it can find plenty wrong with it.

I would be tempted to say you could cut that at "You can't trust the audience score", period. ;-) All it really tells you is what a self-selected internet poll worth of not-at-all-random users think. Possibly useful for non-controversial movies, for spotting a divergence between critic and audience taste, but otherwise kind of worthless. If you want to measure general audience approval, box office totals are a much better benchmark.

I'd love if four hour comic book movie cuts became the norm after this. I know it won't happen, but it's a nice thought. Watching that cut was like reading a huge graphic novel.

This was definitely more like a graphic novel come to life, or a 6 part comic run. Some chapter focus on specific characters and story beats more than others, bringing it all together in the end.

I know people complain about some of Snyder’s slow-mo, but I liken it to the splash pages and comic panels that highlight certain moments throughout a comic.

This was definitely more like a graphic novel come to life, or a 6 part comic run. Some chapter focus on specific characters and story beats more than others, bringing it all together in the end.

I know people complain about some of Snyder’s slow-mo, but I liken it to the splash pages and comic panels that highlight certain moments throughout a comic.
I'm with you on that, it was like a comic come to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"