• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League - Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

Kermode called it "coherently dull", "turgid" and "bloated" haha. But he still admitted that it's substantially different and better than the theatrical cut. Also said that he always supports a director's vision over a focus group studio edit.
He was kinder than I was expecting based on his bemused tweeting.

As he said himself he had to give it some due as a director's vision fully realised given he's a proponent of director cuts.

This critic gave him a score of 83 out of 100.
How is it possible that this rotten?
Screenshot_20210319-180410.jpg

I would be tempted to say you could cut that at "You can't trust the audience score", period. ;-) All it really tells you is what a self-selected internet poll worth of not-at-all-random users think. Possibly useful for non-controversial movies, for spotting a divergence between critic and audience taste, but otherwise kind of worthless. If you want to measure general audience approval, box office totals are a much better benchmark.

I dunno, I never look that deeply but there is value in it as a metric but one of many. Put it this way I wouldnt ONLY go by the audience score it would be seeing that along with my friends liking it...etc.

View attachment 44313

You would have to ask the critic...might be a mistake when he uploaded it.

I will revise my prediction...if it is still in "certified" range when it passes 200 reviews they will announce it. At the pace it is going it wont hit 400 meaning which makes it highly unlikely it goes rotten let alone mixed. The math is just too favorable to the film at this point.

Would be a shame if it missed the certified fresh sticker by only one percentage.

View attachment 44313

Interesting. If you look up this critic on RT, it appears he uses a x/100 scoring system. Moreover, he has high standard for excellence — such that movies need to earn 85%-ish or higher (!) to get a “fresh” status.

His prerogative, I suppose...:huh:

It’s my understanding that RT allows critics to assign a binary fresh/rotten score that’s independent of (and inconsistent with?) their original “analog” score. Thus, sometimes a 3/5 can be fresh, sometimes it’s rotten. Likewise, sometimes a C grade (technically, in the 70-79% range) is sometimes fresh, sometimes rotten. But I was surprised to see a 83% registered as rotten. That’s really stretching the scoring logic, IMO.:thf:

Defenders of RT often mention that RT doesn't critique the movies, themselves; they just objectively tabulate pre-existing scores. But when they allow a 83% score to be registered as a “rotten,” that (to me) looks more like a subjective call.

Interesting. If you look up this critic on RT, it appears he uses a x/100 scoring system. Moreover, he has high standard for excellence — such that movies need to earn 85%-ish or higher (!) to get a “fresh” status.

Must be a gamer.

74% after 208 reviews. Wonder how many more are going to come in.

I love how Collider will slate the film but ride the coat tails of it to release puff piece after poof piece about the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"