Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

There is an acquaintance of mine that is a Snyder fanatic and is in denial, like he always is with "news" like these. Thinking that a DC veteran would announce something like that in a SDCC panel without any knowledge on the matter or the approval of Warner officials. Cognitive bias is strong with some people.

There is an acquaintance of mine that is a Snyder fanatic and is in denial, like he always is with "news" like these. Thinking that a DC veteran would announce something like that in a SDCC panel without any knowledge on the matter or the approval of Warner officials. Cognitive bias is strong with some people.
Yeah,
The Internet is abuzz with Snyder Fans that are CONVINCED Zack is going to Restore The Snyderverse,Tomorrow.
And the sad thing is,
even if it doesn't happen, they will interpret is "WE ARE BACK! ",No Matter What Is Or, Isn't Said.
The Bottom Line?
All This Stuff With Henry Cavill?
This Is About Selling Black Adam.
PERIOD!

So what's the deal with Snyder's recent Vero post today? Sarcasm? Or is he really going to be at CC.

i just want another superman film. i dont mind seeing cavil in the role again. i want to see how he will play a more hopeful optimistic version. as for Zack, i dont know. i really hated BvS and his draft ideas for the JL films didn't get me excited. ZsJL did make me want to see more of cyborg but that ship has sailed far away.

i think he is happier now at netflix where he doesnt have to worry about the box office return. this break up looks like the best thing for all concerned but not his die hard fans. sometime it looks like a person encouraging another to go back to a toxic relationship

He's guest starring in an episode of Teen Titans Go.

I appreciate the sense of humor he has about himself.

Yeah, I saw it now. He always seemed to take criticism better than about 99% of the rest of Hollywood.

Each #RestoreTheSnyderverse related post I happen to come across is better than the last.

345345.png

To be fair, I won’t be rushing to the theater to see Black Adam or Shazam 2. The trailers left little impression on me. I wish we could get one more film from Snyder just to cap everything off with more finality. As is, it’s just an open wound, I wish we could get closure.

To be fair, I won’t be rushing to the theater to see Black Adam or Shazam 2. The trailers left little impression on me. I wish we could get one more film from Snyder just to cap everything off with more finality. As is, it’s just an open wound, I wish we could get closure.
What needs to be capped off? ZSJL ended on a positive note. JL2 was about the Knightmare future that gets reverted at the end and according to storyboards a bit of a cliffhanger. JL3 is Darkseid's defeat and Batman's sacrifice.

Yeah I think ZSJL ended things on a satisfying happy note. Yeah theres that Knightmare cliffhanger but i always saw that as more of a What if? and not a REAL cliffhanger. I'm very satisfied with how the film capped things off.

...I'm more excited for The Batman 2 than Shazam/Black Adam/The Flash/Aquaman 2 combined.

Hell, Harley Quinn s3 is a bigger "release" in my mind than those 4 films.

yea i'm not all that excited for the current dceu now.
black adam looks fun but i'm not itching to watch it in theaters.
will probably wait for it when it comes on home release.
same with shazam.

all the behind the scenes shenanigans and baggage has soured me on caring for the rest.

at this point i only care about the batman 2, and am invested in that universe, if you're talking about the dc side of things.

Could be rights issues, but then...doesnt the shot material "belong" to WB, didnt they pay for the ZSJL?
All very confusing, but cant rule out pettiness too at this stage.

Insinuating Batgirl got cancelled because it somehow took place in the Snyderverse? like bruh..

Same writer that came out with that "iT wAs BoTs" so definitely just her being petty

Insinuating Batgirl got cancelled because it somehow took place in the Snyderverse? like bruh..

Same writer that came out with that "iT wAs BoTs" so definitely just her being petty

Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical. In any case... the doc filmmaker was willing to pay a licensing fee for use of ZSJL footage. But if it’s WB’s position that this movie doesn’t officially exist, then there’s no copyright. So just take the footage. :word:

What is dc’s plan?? Do they have a schedule of movies they’re gonna make?? I know black Adam Shazam 2. Aqua man 2 and flash…anything else??

I'm not sure about this, but I read somewhere that September is the time limit where they can do their shenanigans in order to get tax write-offs for projects.

Glad they released the original version.
It had some cool scenes, but the film overall is mostly forgattable.
The DCEU Joker is just really bad also.

I dont need more DCEU films excually. It mostly is a failed project overall.

Rewatching Batman vs Superman!! Movie has held up better with time!! Only bad thing is WB screwed the pooch big time by rushing justice league!! They should’ve kept building and even if the “new” justice league movie came out after endgame I feel it would’ve been way better than the piece of **** they rushed out!!

Rewatching Batman vs Superman!! Movie has held up better with time!! Only bad thing is WB screwed the pooch big time by rushing justice league!! They should’ve kept building and even if the “new” justice league movie came out after endgame I feel it would’ve been way better than the piece of **** they rushed out!!

The Whedon reshoots swelled JL’s budget to about $300M. And based on a final gross of $658M (which isn’t insubstantial), it’s been calculated that the movie lost about $60M. (It could have been worse. E.g., Blade Runner 2049 lost ~$80M.) But assuming the same gross for a slightly cheaper (say $250M) theatrical Snyder cut, WB might have been looking at a breakeven tally. Or perhaps even a modest profit. Or… would some version of a Snyder cut have made more than $658M? According to many side-by-side comparisons of the theatrical cut to ZSJL, almost all of Whedon’s additions and alterations have been deemed conspicuously inferior to the original material. So we might speculate that going with the original/better Snyder stuff (though, obviously not a four-hour version) would have translated to a bigger box office. Of course, quality doesn’t necessarily correlate to box office success (see, again, Blade Runner 2049). So, who knows? This is all based on hypotheticals and the advantage of hindsight — which, as they say, is 20/20.

(And I agree about BvS. I just rewatched the Ultimate Edition. It's still impressive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"