Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

source
Zack obliviously knows more than fans and it's what WB are planning, we know that Ben Affleck's done with Batman after the Flash, maybe Henry Cavill's done as Superman too (I suspected this when Henry appeared with Zack for announcement of ZSJL,) , Ray Fisher is already out of the franchise, I wouldn't be surprised to know that Jason Momoa is also leaving before Aquaman 2 starts shooting. (He hasn't said a word about any of WB movies for months)

Hell, I think Ezra Miller will appear as Flash for the last time in Flashpoint movie. Gal's done after her third WW solo movie.
I think they're all done. They're getting too old for the roles and in the same there is a lot of bad blood between the cast and studio.

x2adzn7s0ut61.jpg

I think they're all done. They're getting too old for the roles and in the same there is a lot of bad blood between the cast and studio.
Yeah, I don't think Shazam franchise will go on for very long too, currently they are filming Black Adam and Shazam 2, after that only one movie is left, that is, Shazam V Black Adam, that too may or may not happen.

source
Zack obliviously knows more than fans and it's what WB are planning, we know that Ben Affleck's done with Batman after the Flash, maybe Henry Cavill's done as Superman too (I suspected this when Henry appeared with Zack for announcement of ZSJL,) , Ray Fisher is already out of the franchise, I wouldn't be surprised to know that Jason Momoa is also leaving before Aquaman 2 starts shooting. (He hasn't said a word about any of WB movies for months)

Hell, I think Ezra Miller will appear as Flash for the last time in Flashpoint movie. Gal's done after her third WW solo movie.

Did you see the Mark Hughes articles way back about WB wanting to re-launch the whole thing under Battinson? Looks that way right now

Although my guess is Gadot and Momoa will be kept when the Battinson verse eventually team up in a JL film, they will fight Darkseid, and be a farewell for Momoa and Gadot

Margot will just be doing her own stuff and SS sequels, as I don’t think Reeves will use a Harley for the next decade

Ezra I am not sure, he’s WB’s baby and they not only changed directors for him, they also protected him when that incident happened.

so the JL team might be like, Battinson, black Superman, Gadot, Momoa, the new GL, The Rock, Flash

Yes I think the rock will be in their plan, he’s probably egoistic enough to want to be in it too.

That’s the most likely scenario, but there’s high chance Hamada and Emmerich fudge this up as well. Imagine Flashpoint didn’t hit their box office imagination and then they panic again :funny:

Affleck, Henry and likely Fisher, yes. Gadot, Mamoa and Ezra are all in it for the long haul. Jason's silence lately tells me he's beefing with WB but I'm sure they'll work it out. Aquaman's too huge of a franchise and its largely due to Mamoa's rendition of the character. He wont leave (plus what else does he have?)

Bottom line though is that there's way too many obstacles right now for a sequel to be a possibility. 1) Getting all the actors back 2) the money/budget 3) the leadership at WB simply not wanting to work with Zack anymore.

BUT. Guys, listen. A year ago we were all begging Warner Bros to release Zack's unfinished edit of the movie and the man ended up getting close to $100 mill to beef it up and finish it. Michael Keaton's Batman is coming back in the Flash. Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are about to team up with Tom Holland. Never say never. Things we previously thought were impossible are now becoming possible with a lot of these movies.

Affleck, Henry and likely Fisher, yes. Gadot, Mamoa and Ezra are all in it for the long haul. Jason's silence lately tells me he's beefing with WB but I'm sure they'll work it out. Aquaman's too huge of a franchise and its largely due to Mamoa's rendition of the character. He wont leave (plus what else does he have?)

Bottom line though is that there's way too many obstacles right now for a sequel to be a possibility. 1) Getting all the actors back 2) the money/budget 3) the leadership at WB simply not wanting to work with Zack anymore.

BUT. Guys, listen. A year ago we were all begging Warner Bros to release Zack's unfinished edit of the movie and the man ended up getting close to $100 mill to beef it up and finish it. Michael Keaton's Batman is coming back in the Flash. Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are about to team up with Tom Holland. Never say never. Things we previously thought were impossible are now becoming possible with a lot of these movies.

I thought Jason still has that Game of Thrones S8 directors’ cut where he returns like Hans FFS9 style :funny:

I just want Emma Stone to suit up as SpiderGwen man, she would have been perfect for that or Oracle back then. I am not that into Doc Oak or Toby or the current cast to be honest.

Would be great to see Dafoe though, THE Goblin

A Topher Grace Venom vs Tom Hardy Venom would be awesome to, I need to see Tom eat Topher alive, 70s style

It's weird to think that if Snyder had directed the sequels as well, we would have never seen Superman in the blue suit while the group was fully assembled. According to Zack, Superman wouldn't go back to his original colors until AFTER Batman dies to establish a new timeline.

Wouldn’t it make more sense for Sup to don the black suit to honor Batman AFTER he dies?

cAfzdI6.gif

I'm still trying to figure out on what Snyder was trying to accomplish with Superman in the next two JL films.

From everything that we've heard, Superman's journey is based on circumstances and not actual decisions that he makes for himself.

I'm seeing some upset about Zack's answer after he threw in the Knightmare cliffhanger, saying if he knew it was unlikely he should've just given a more definitive ending. But I gotta admire the boldness of that gamble, even if it seems the studio isn't gonna follow up on it.

I'm seeing some upset about Zack's answer after he threw in the Knightmare cliffhanger, saying if he knew it was unlikely he should've just given a more definitive ending. But I gotta admire the boldness of that gamble, even if it seems the studio isn't gonna follow up on it.

Did people really think Snyder would give up on his beloved Edgy Knightmare nonsense?
Pfft...no matter what, he would have added a Knightmare scene.
That has nothing to do with being bold or so, he just loves the Knightmare world that much.

The Knighmare world is the most creative and fresh idea I've heard DC wise in many years. Its just so much untapped potential. A DC world set in a mad max-y setting is just *chefs kiss*. Huge loss for WB, money left on the table.

Even the comics have borrowed that Batman look, its iconic. Wont be surprised if some other franchise uses that idea.

Mad Max Knightmare and DC Bombshell are 2 that’s out of the box CBM that’s not expensive and have the potential to hit a billion (when theaters reopen lol). If they bomb, they bomb, it’s not like they never made BOP, GL and Jonah Hex before

But pretty sure Feige will just take the idea and run with it lol. The most daring he went without getting motivated by DC was a freaking group shot of female Avengers for 10 seconds :funny:

The Knighmare world is the most creative and fresh idea I've heard DC wise in many years. Its just so much untapped potential. A DC world set in a mad max-y setting is just *chefs kiss*. Huge loss for WB, money left on the table.

Even the comics have borrowed that Batman look, its iconic. Wont be surprised if some other franchise uses that idea.

You might know this already, but are talking about that Andy Kubert drawn current mini-series with a Batman with that look? sure, clearly that is done with good timing regarding the Snyder-Cut, but that look itself is from the comics.

Snyder took that look from "The Liberty Files". a JSA elseworlds.

Did you see Zack and Terrio’s respective interviews regarding what happened to BvS’ Superman arc?

It’s like WB messed up a normal paced editing and script done by Oscar caliber staff, then blame it on Snyder’s “too dark” when they would have gone darker if Terrio didn’t cut it out of his script.

It’s like I am your superior and I decide to delete half of your diagnosis and half of your drug prescription, then present your work to the patient and the medical board, and you get f***ed and the patient’s family and board decide to continuously use this to blame it on you for the rest of your life, even after the fact that I was exposed as messing your work, like you’re doing to Zack right now, skipping the meddling part and continue to bash the end result on something that’s not complete, we even have an ultimate edition as proof of what WB did lol

Same thing with Josstice League, a mess by Whedon and WB but they plastered Zack’s name on it and gave him the blame, again

Your medical example is an interesting one lite but sadly inaccurate. I told you before that Zack had more than enough time (2 and half hours) to make BvS coherent but because he and Terrio are such weak story tellers the end product ended up being a mess.
To go back to your medical example, the equivalent would be as if my superior told me "you can only prescribe 5 medications to this patient, so choose your meds wisely" and then I go and prescribe the patient several unnecessary medications for pain relief and reflux and leave out 2 essential meds for heart and blood pressure.
The whole dessert and senate subplots were about Lex setting up and then ruining Superman's reputation, which would be fine in a Superman solo but completely redundant in a Batman vs Superman film. All those nonsensical subplots should've been done away with and the subplot with Clark going to Gotham to investigate Batman should've been put back in because that gave the audience Clark's side of the story.
Snyder does not get a pass for BvS, it was an abject failure on almost every level and it's all on Snyder. JL on the other hand I agree with you, WB f***ed royally and then plastered Snyder's name on it, but the funny thing is Josstice league was better received than BvS, which shows that Whedon on his worst day is still better than Snyder on a regular day.

It's weird to think that if Snyder had directed the sequels as well, we would have never seen Superman in the blue suit while the group was fully assembled. According to Zack, Superman wouldn't go back to his original colors until AFTER Batman dies to establish a new timeline.

This is my only problem with SnyderCut and the SnyderVerse. The dark tone of the whole saga brings back very sad moments and memories to me. Henry Cavill deserves the blue suit like any other:

You might know this already, but are talking about that Andy Kubert drawn current mini-series with a Batman with that look? sure, clearly that is done with good timing regarding the Snyder-Cut, but that look itself is from the comics.

Snyder took that look from "The Liberty Files". a JSA elseworlds.

Yeah, i mean its not a big deal...but Snyder isnt that huge Visionary people like him to be.

And we had plenty of those kind of "post apocalyptic" DC Elseworld stories, most recently one that had Wonder Woman using Supermans Head and Spine to create a Mace to hit something with it...and it wasnt really that much Money.

Such stories sound on paper neat and here and there visual cool, but are overall not something really groundbreaking or so.
Especially the execution of the Knightmare stuff i found incredible dumb to be honest because it is the most basic "what if superman turns bad and the bad guy wins" scenario.

I mean its either "Superman becomes the leader of a Regime or "Superman becomes a pet for the big villian and earth is dry and dead" thats how most of those scenarios turn out.
Not really anything we havent seen before.

yeah, that's one thing i hate about Knightmare stuff. i just find evil Superman scenarios are lame and lazy.

yeah, that's one thing i hate about Knightmare stuff. i just find evil Superman scenarios are lame and lazy.

I get and like the idea, but it has been done to death by now.
It has been tackled in so many different ways and mediums...i mean the next will be Rocksteadys Suicide Squad game and im not looking forward to that story part.

The Concept is interesting, but by now the taste is washed out and it feels like people dont want to think too hard when it comes to Superman because the whole evil Superman thing is so simple.

"Bring this symbol of Hope and Good down instead of finding new ways to tell Uplifting and hopefull stories through this character"

It has become such a Boring way of using Superman.

For me, Superman being evil in Knightmare is not a big deal. I'm not that bothered or offended or bored by that concept. I think its not been done well, and Knightmare can take it to an interesting place. But moreso, I think the Knightmare can be amazing character potential for Batman/Bruce, Flash, Cyborg, Joker, GL, Deathstroke etc. To see what has happened, and how the knightmare world has affected them is so interesting. Even the world in itself, is a character.

Sure Superman takes a backseat for that, for the knightmare movie I dont mind, because the potential for it is just so much, I can let that slide. Its not all about Superman. In an ensemble, some characters get more focus, we saw that in the Avengers movies too. Aquaman and WW will be barely in the movie. Anyway, the next movie after that is Superman centric, where he literally LEADs the JL, so its balanced out. So the positives far outweigh the negatives for me. Anyway, its far more interesting than any other vanilla JL movie.

I get and like the idea, but it has been done to death by now.
It has been tackled in so many different ways and mediums...i mean the next will be Rocksteadys Suicide Squad game and im not looking forward to that story part.

The Concept is interesting, but by now the taste is washed out and it feels like people dont want to think too hard when it comes to Superman because the whole evil Superman thing is so simple.

"Bring this symbol of Hope and Good down instead of finding new ways to tell Uplifting and hopefull stories through this character"

It has become such a Boring way of using Superman.
Studio own movie making rights to Superman, they could have easily made a few movies since 2013 which portray him as a hero who stands of "Hope & good", Snyder didn't stop them.

If Marvel Studios can release Thor The Dark World in same year as Man of Steel, and then release it's sequel Thor Ragnarok in 2017, WB should have been able to release another solo Superman movie till 2021.

Evil Superman in Knightmare future can work if there are few movies showing heroic Superman, but WB never made those.

Yup, really liked it but it's been a while since I've seen it.

With all due respect what you're saying is pure conjecture, right now we know that JJ is developing a Superman project (probably with a 'black' superman) and Henry is still Superman, which tells me we're getting more than one superman, that sounds like 'alot of superman' to me.

Superman is being handled by Abrahams and when JJ comes on a project, said project goes into radio silence so lets wait and see what WB wants to do with Superman.

Even if Snyder wants to do more JL, don't count on Cavill returning as Superman because he was the one who worked with Whedon to bring us the Superman that we saw in Josstice league and that Superman was a 180 from Snyderman.

I honestly thought it was the "you smell good line", which was stupidly hilarious as it is, but apparently it is as you said "You... spoke", which was the funniest thing I heard all movie and very 'meta' from Snyder if it was intentional.
As I said, Snyder uses Superman as a plot device where his death brought Batman redemption and brought Darkseid's troops to earth but don't count on Snyderman having much depth, dialogue or character arc to speak of.

I was talking about Snyder's so called trilogy and not just JL, also 71% RT and 54% metacritic aren't what I call very positive, they're simply very positive if you compare them with MOS and BvS, and with JL Snyder had the advantage of a 4hr over indulgent cut on a streaming service with a terrible theatrical cut to compare favorably to.
Snyder is yet to show that his DC movies can succeed in a theatrical setting, which is what counts most for the studio.
Don't forget BvS had a mighty 29% (less than Josstice league) and a pathetic 2.0 multiplier, which remains THE worst multiplier in any movie to open over a 100 million in hollywood history. The response to BvS was so bad that Snyder ended up getting fired and Josstice league, for the disaster that it was, had a better critics rating and multiplier than BvS, which is honestly pathetic.
Incorrect, Snyder left of his own volition, he was not fired. But you clearly have a narrative you are trying to push here so not sure why I am even bothering to respond.

Here are some interesting statistics to consider while comparing the two movies.

Man of Steel (2013)
Metacritic: 55%
IMDB: 7/10
RT Audience score: 75%
RT average rating 6.2/10
RT Top Critics 48%
Worldwide Box Office: $668 mil.

Thor The Dark World (2013)
Metacritic: 54%
IMDB: 6.9/10
RT Audience score: 75%
RT average rating 6.2/10
RT Top Critics 51%
Worldwide Box Office: $644 mil.

But WB never make a sequel to MoS, while Marvel Studios gives Thor another movie. Sure, Thor The dark World was more profitable for MS as it had less budget (but then it made less in US and more money overseas compared to MoS) but the performance is comparable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"