Zak Penn talks...Hulk sequel!

Advanced Dark said:
^ I just said that. Nobody said that this isn't gonna ride the line between fanboys and popcorn films. It needs to have qualities of both to make the production worthwhile for a Hulk film. That's all.
I think most of us want that also. The thing is, Zak Penn doesn't fill most of us with confidence.

And I know that there were a lot of problems with the first one, and the second movie needs to be better and have a lot more action... but movie goers and Hulk fans alike want a good movie with a good story.

Well hopefully he'll stop by here and talk to us all about that. Wouldn't that be nice. :) He probably has thick skin about the xverse q & a he got into w/Simon.

Yeah, hopefully he DOES do his best work for TIH. I really, really hope this movie rocks.

BTW some if not all of those suggestions in the Leterrier thread made there way not only to Louis but to Zak and others. We may have very well had an influence on the script here. Zak may have had an idea but wasn't sure about it and the fans reinforced it, etc...

^
I like the idea of having input in the movie, even if there's no way of knowing (till the movie comes out, natch) if your comments make a difference.

Much better this way, than those moviemakers that deliberately avoid online discussions.

Advanced Dark said:
Well hopefully he'll stop by here and talk to us all about that. Wouldn't that be nice. :) He probably has thick skin about the xverse q & a he got into w/Simon.

Well if he comes here, he wont get a warm welcome from me.

^ You don't have to be warm but you also don't have to be a jerk to him so the people who do enjoy his work get a chance to chat with him before you chase him away with hatred.

1. I've seen Zak Penn's responses to the Xverse thread on X3. All of them were roundabout. He should have told us that the script had gone from revisions from where it was to what it became. He didn't have to say "the movie sucks" if he didn't believe that. He could have just prepared us for what was coming by saying "some of you are going to love the characterizations, others may have issues with the new changes." If he's going to do anything here, I'd love some frank honesty. That has nothing to do with giving the movie away or being pessimistic. I just want to know what he's shooting for in this script.

2. Advanced Dark, let's not get too angsty with AVEITWITHJAMON. While he's not right in hinting that he may be abrasive towards Penn, fiery jabs against fiery jabs produce a brushfire (to put an analogy in here). Obi-Ron's sig is an excellent phrase to put into consideration.

There's no firey jabs. I was just saying in other words have respect for the rest of us who do care or like his work...or want him here long enough to tell us more. It's all speculation and hope though.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Don't be a jerk. Be honest, but there's no reason to be a butt head.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

Considering all the "JERKY" things that Penn & Kinberg pulled on the Xverse they really don't deserve ANY Respect. Personally, they've done alot of things to manipulate the fans of the franchise that are pretty unforgiveable.

It's A Fricken Movie!!!!!!!!! There Is No Reason To Get Nasty With People Over A Fricken Movie!!!!!

DACMAN said:
Don't be a jerk. Be honest, but there's no reason to be a butt head.

Your right i should be nice to the guy who helped ruin a movie i've waited 15 years to see. I'll treat him with exactly the same respect he treated the X-fans on the X-verse when telling us complete lies about the movie. ZERO.

InnerSanctum said:
Considering all the "JERKY" things that Penn & Kinberg pulled on the Xverse they really don't deserve ANY Respect. Personally, they've done alot of things to manipulate the fans of the franchise that are pretty unforgiveable.

Well said!

Time to start looking on the bright side of Penn's writing...

FF, and Elektra were both entertaining, IMO (just not the greatest movies overall).

Penn's looking at Bruce Jones' run for ideas, and I liked Jones' run. I think the movie will need more action than Jones' run but I think there is some good stuff to work with.

LL will probably want lots of action (since action movies are kinda his thing).

Penn is actually recieving input from fans. There is a chance, however slim, that he's considering some of it.

But X3 was just crap. It had it's moments. Some cool action stuff. Most of it sucked completely, though.

Mister Green said:
Time to start looking on the bright side of Penn's writing...

FF, and Elektra were both entertaining, IMO (just not the greatest movies overall).
If miscasted characters, corny dialogue, campy action sequences, and dumbed down plot is your idea of a good time then I weep for the future of Comicbookfilms.

Elektra was ultra horrible with it's overly bad dialogue, storyline that was completely unrelatable. I don't know where Penn pulled this story from but it was horrendous.

Fantastic Four has so many things going wrong with it. Kinberg's fingerprints stained this script the most.

Mister Green said:
Penn's looking at Bruce Jones' run for ideas, and I liked Jones' run. I think the movie will need more action than Jones' run but I think there is some good stuff to work with.

LL will probably want lots of action (since action movies are kinda his thing).
And looking at his resume this isn't a "GOOD THING" for us fans. The combination of Penn & LL will spell disaster. LL would have a better chance if the studio had employed a better writer (ie. David Hayter, etc..).

Mister Green said:
Penn is actually recieving input from fans. There is a chance, however slim, that he's considering some of it.
Did Penn actually say this?

After his run on the Xverse, there is no way I would believe this turkey. He's once again manipulating naive fanboys into buying this story. Hopefully, most of the fans have learned a lesson and will remember not to make the same mistake twice.

Mister Green said:
But X3 was just crap. It had it's moments. Some cool action stuff. Most of it sucked completely, though.
This was such a color by numbers movie I couldn't see how it possibly could have been this bad. Bryan had set up the story all they had to do was color it in. Simple.

That shows you how untalented they all are.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Your right i should be nice to the guy who helped ruin a movie i've waited 15 years to see. I'll treat him with exactly the same respect he treated the X-fans on the X-verse when telling us complete lies about the movie. ZERO.
Dude, it's a movie, get over it.

DACMAN said:
Dude, it's a movie, get over it.

He had as much hype over his film as you do yours. Would you be grinning to see the Hulk depicted as a weak grey thing no taller than 7 feet with Abomination scales as a byproduct of a 'good idea' in fusing the two character concepts in the film? I'll go out on a limb and say you wouldn't. However extreme, AVEIT intends on showing him little to no welcome (if Penn shows at all). I don't agree with that approach, but to deride him based on the fact that it's "just a movie" is like me saying that the Hulk is "just a green oaf". It's insensitive to the fandom and ignorant to the concept to say such. Spiting him only incites more spite, and the last thing we need is yet another argument in this board.

InnerSanctum said:
If miscasted characters, corny dialogue, campy action sequences, and dumbed down plot is your idea of a good time then I weep for the future of Comicbookfilms.
Read my other posts buddy. I think Zak Penn sucks personally, but look at the first thing that I said. I'm looking at the bright side. I was looking at what little positive there was.

Calm down, and read my other posts before freaking out.

Positive? K Lets see.
LL directed The Transporter, which I think is better than FF.
LL directed Unleashed, which looks a little like a film Ang Lee would make. It was serious, the quality was not bad, had action and a moving plot.

People say Bruce Jones’s run is like the TV show. I thought the TV show had a likable Banner. The audience mostly felt his pain and cheered when he finally changed into the Hulk and kicked ass. Can anyone mention a good episode?

I remember when I first saw Unleashed that this guy would be great for a Hulk film and I sorta forgot about it. Then when he was announced I forgot he did Unleashed. Weird. For those who haven't seen it...watch it. LL has said before that Unleashed is the film of his to look at to see how The Hulk's tone should feel. I also believe he said Unleashed was the first film where the studio let him do his thing whereas the Transporter movies he was not so much in control.

^exactly my point AD. I thought when LL did those films he had good pacing in between the scenes which makes action/drama more interesting to watch.

trust me guys this movie will rock.

I know it. MARVEL will make sure this is awesome

as for critics i say they probably won't be favourable becasue they probably won't be fond of the actors and actress and the director.

I have seen that 75% of the films get decent reviews if it has good actors and a director that critic likes.

Hence, we get such overrated scumbags as George Lucas (all star wars prequels were bad), Steven Spielberg (WOTW sucked).

^ WOTW was awful. The book and the original movie was fantastic but for some reason Spielberg decided to make the entire film from Tom Cruises eyes so we have to have him shoved in our face for endless closeups and smirks for 2 hours. Ughhhh. Then they wrote a script that had more holes than swiss cheese and destroyed everything good about the original book and film save a couple scenes. Sure the movie effects were cool at times but that for me couldn't overcome the horrible acting, the bad script, etc...I guess my expectations were so high considering the material...same with King Kong for me. A ruined opportunity.

WOTW should have been a period piece, set in the time of the original novel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"