Zak Penn talks...Hulk sequel!

That...would have been great. you know they did film a period piece WOTW. Some English director was filming it before Spielberg started his and Spielberg tried to stop him. I'm pretty sure they finished filming it but don't know what happened.

Ahhh here it is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/

Yeah. The original War of the Worlds book and the original film were spectacular. I was waiting for a remake since I saw the original. The story is amazing. Then they change it to a standard run of the mill let's watch Tom Cruise sleepwalk through an action scene like a mouse hunting for cheese in a maze. The F/X were good at times but overall the script was horrific, and the acting was terrible. This should not have been a Tom Cruise movie but a War of the Worlds film. The entire reasoning for the Aliens being their was idiotic. Spraying our blood as fertilizer. LOL Also you'd think this species which was at least a few million years ahead of us in technology would think of things like uhhh viruses, bacteria, etc...But no they had to bury their forces underground which we never dug up accidently in the entire history of man, then they fly back here to teleport into these machines and come back up to kills us and plant seeds. Uhhh why didn't they plant the seeds when the world was already a jungle and their was no intelligent life to fight back. God it was stupid. X3 was all about watching our favorite characters battle since the actors contracts were up and we'd probably not see most of them again in these roles and it was too late to start another storyline. I enjoyed X3 for different reasons.

I thought WOTW was pretty pants myself. Best word for it - standard.

i thought WOTW was a Tom Cruise movie and not an WOTW movie. It sucks.sighs

Spielberg's WOTW was too different from the source material, in the end. The movie had the opportunity to take H. G. Wells' masterpiece and modernize it. It instead deviated into a father/ son/ daughter storyline with little to do with the actual storyline. I found the only saving graces was the valid attempt at making the tripods look as they were described in the novel, as well as the inclusion of the 'black dust' sequence (albeit replaced by 'human blood' to make the Martian vegetation 'believably' red in hue). In the end it was pulled down by an asinine plot (the tripods having been here since the primordial years and the son having survived after his bout with stupidity as major factors) and poor acting on Cruise's part.

What makes me fearful, unfortunately, is that the same action-themed audience that was pleased with the WOTW remake will be watching this and find the exact same elements to cheer on about. I don't find that a proud thought to entertain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"