‘Spencer’ | Kristen Stewart is Princess Diana

Debicki would need a really really tall Prince Charles or Dodi. Debicki is 6'3". They would have to have Charles stand on a ladder or dig trenches for her.

Also she'd have to change her physique to look like a mesomorph like Diana, whereas Debicki is an etcomorph.

That's my hang-up. Debicki onscreen looks about seven feet tall.

Aren't they also looking to cast Diana for the next season of the Crown?

That's my hang-up. Debicki onscreen looks about seven feet tall.

Especially if she wears 4 inch heels, which would make her 6'7". :eek: In the Man from UNCLE she dwarfed Cavill in her scenes next to him. Her height worked in GOTG2 because she was an alien, but to play someone like Diana would make her look like a giantess. It would be hard to film scenes even close up and get her to look shorter than Charles, Dodi or anyone else.

If Debicki had played Maleficent instead of Jolie, she would have looked even taller and more imposing than Angelina who was supposed to be about 7 feet with her heels and horns.

Aren't they also looking to cast Diana for the next season of the Crown?

They already did.

spl5153554_001.jpg

The Crown Season 4: On Set Pictures of Diana and Charles | Tatler

Just like she looks too cold to be Sue Storm, she also looks too cold to be Princess Diana who has to look very warm and capture everyone's hearts.

If I saw that picture on its own without any context I'd never know that was supposed to be Diana.
I didn't and don't find Diana to be very warm at all. I'm not going to speak on your behalf or assume you know/don't know, but for me, I found her cold, calculating and smart at handling the press. I am not talking about her as a person, at all, or a mother.

Whilst the tabloids praised her as a peoples princess, whilst a lot of the nation loved her, a lot did not.

Scandal after scandal. Was Harry really Charles? What was happening with Will Carling the rugby player... what was happening with her and Charles, really behind closed doors for him to leave her for Camilla. Her and Dodi, was she really pregnant at the time of her death?
Did she really love Charles?

Her death was tragic and spoke to the nation, simply because, two boys lost their mum and the whole incident smelt rotten - it was big news.

I like Kristen Stewart but I'm cautious about this. Debicki would've been my pick for Diana, but I get what everyone says about having to either cast a giant as Charles or basically dig a hole for her everywhere. :funny:

I like Kristen Stewart but I'm cautious about this. Debicki would've been my pick for Diana, but I get what everyone says about having to either cast a giant as Charles or basically dig a hole for her everywhere. :funny:

They could've gotten away with Debicki as Diana if they made it more of a work of fiction and said that instead of "the people's princess" she was "the little people's princess."

NEON Wins U.S. Rights Pablo Larrain Spencer Kristen Stewart Princess Diana – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: NEON has won a pitched bidding battle and will pay north of $4 million for U.S. rights to Spencer, with Pablo Larraín is set to direct and Kristen Stewart to play Princess Diana. The drama has been one of the most hotly contested packages at the virtual Cannes Market.

The Steven Knight-scripted film covers a critical weekend in the early ‘90s, when Diana decided her marriage to Prince Charles wasn’t working, and that she needed to veer from a path that put her in line to one day be queen. The drama takes place over three days, in one of her final Christmas holidays in the House of Windsor in their Sandringham estate in Norfolk, England. Production is expected to begin in early 2021.

I still contend that this works looks-wise, but when I watched the Tenet interview with Pattinson, Washington and Elizabeth Debicki, I really looked at her and was like “****, she’s right there, you guys.”

I saw that, and still contend that Debicki will need to stand in trenches or find a giant Prince Charles. But if it's not a new person he'll have to stand on a step ladder to avoid being dwarfed while standing next to her.

If she's even in 2 inch heels she'll be 6'5", and in 4 inch heels she'll be 6'7". :eek:

I didn't and don't find Diana to be very warm at all. I'm not going to speak on your behalf or assume you know/don't know, but for me, I found her cold, calculating and smart at handling the press. I am not talking about her as a person, at all, or a mother.

Whilst the tabloids praised her as a peoples princess, whilst a lot of the nation loved her, a lot did not.

Scandal after scandal. Was Harry really Charles? What was happening with Will Carling the rugby player... what was happening with her and Charles, really behind closed doors for him to leave her for Camilla. Her and Dodi, was she really pregnant at the time of her death?
Did she really love Charles?

Her death was tragic and spoke to the nation, simply because, two boys lost their mum and the whole incident smelt rotten - it was big news.
How popular was Charles exactly? Because it seemed to me as a kid that Americans sided with Diana and didn't care for him..

Last edited:
How popular was Charles exactly? Because it seemed to me as a kid that Americans sided with Diana and didn't care for him..
There were sides, naturally... he was just Charles... the queen's son... doing his duty.

I think Charles was always seen as kind of a buffoon. I mean, there’s a reason the Queen still hasn’t abdicated the throne over to him when she definitely could have for the past two decades.

Charles has always struck me as a little....fuddy duddy. William and Harry seem more in tune with reality than he does.

In my lifetime, Diana never appeared "warm" to me. So Stewart seems fine with me. lol

Debicki looks more like bulimia-affected Diana after discovering Prince Charles' affair with Camilla Parker Bowles. heh

I already knew when they began to present Diana Spencer as a "commoner" that she's being passed off as a Royal catch for public consumption. She's not (a commoner) althought it's the correct terminology in the British Royal context as she was not a peer of the realm (duke, marquess, earl, viscount, baron etc) even though her father was an Earl. She was related (illegitimately) to Charles II & James II. Her family was responsible for installing King George I on the throne.

She was raised to become a royalty and had governess, cook and butler. Went to boarding school and failed her O-levels (in USA, not finishing High school). Typical of a member of elite aristocrat family, in other word very much someone with an English upper-class upbringing.

Well just from that picture she looks better than I would have expected. Still dubious though.

I barely recognised her there. The likeness is pretty good at least in that picture. Looking forward to her take on Lady Di.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"