‘Spencer’ | Kristen Stewart is Princess Diana

I don't think the Diana hairstyle on Kristen Stewart looks correct. How come they can't get that right? The further away these Diana films are made from when she was alive, the worse the hairstyle gets. They always make Diana looks like some generic blonde.

Diana had this quality that's nigh impossible to embody in a way some actors can do with other real-life figures they've played. As good as Emma Corrin and Naomi Watts are, they didn't capture the essence of Diana the way, say, Joaquin Phoenix embodied Johnny Cash.

Kristen Stewart has this really high bar to hit with Diana. Even if she actually nails it, someone is going to say "nah, she was terrible."

I'm as concerned about the accent as anyone but... how are we still on the "Kristin Stewart can't act" kick?

I'm as concerned about the accent as anyone but... how are we still on the "Kristin Stewart can't act" kick?
Twilight really hurt her in the public eye?

c7a5506a434fda79bcf8026379a86f30.gif

I think it's more of the fact that she didn't do the whole "I want to be in critically acclaimed Independent films to get out of the Twilight Stigma" like Robert Pattinson did.

That was a decade ago? And Robert Pattinson has been accepted as a serious actor.
I think it's more of the fact that she didn't do the whole "I want to be in critically acclaimed Independent films to get out of the Twilight Stigma" like Robert Pattinson did.
She has though? 'Clouds of Sils Maria,' 'Still Alice,' 'Cafe Society' (Which, ugh, Woody Allen, but still), 'Personal Shopper,' 'Happiest Season'

Is it just because her the big budget projects she's taken (Charlie's Angels, Underwater, Snow White and the Huntsmen) were poorly received as a whole, and that's what people know from her post-twilight career? But even with those projects, I don't get where the "can't act/has no emotions" reputation comes from. Because they may not have been hits, but she consistently puts in good performances.

That was a decade ago? And Robert Pattinson has been accepted as a serious actor.

She has though? 'Clouds of Sils Maria,' 'Still Alice,' 'Cafe Society' (Which, ugh, Woody Allen, but still), 'Personal Shopper,' 'Happiest Season'

Is it just because her the big budget projects she's taken (Charlie's Angels, Underwater, Snow White and the Huntsmen) were poorly received as a whole, and that's what people know from her post-twilight career? But even with those projects, I don't get where the "can't act/has no emotions" reputation comes from. Because they may not have been hits, but she consistently puts in good performances.
Sexism?

Yeah. I know I shouldn't give the Internet the benefit of the doubt, but I still tend to. But I really can't rationalize another explanation for why they get treated different. (Or how, in general, stoic male performances are lauded when the same performance from a woman gets called "wooden, stiff, emotionless."

I think Stewart has gotten much better as an actress, I just can’t see her as Diana.

All those posts on the first pages are going to look like clowns, can't wait lmao

It's not her fault if you don't see films other than blockbusters. She in Clouds of Sils Maria was better than the Oscar nominees for supporting in that year, for example.

I don’t know why that poster makes me laugh. Maybe because if you didn’t recognize the Spencer title or see Kristen Stewart’s name, you’d just think it’s a bridezilla movie lol

Rooting for Stewart with this. I think people get caught up too much on the iconography of Diana, but there was a loneliness and turmoil to her that I think Stewart can really capture and I can see why she was chosen.

I didn't know Knight and the director of Jackie are part of this. Looks like Stewart could give a really impressive performance. It's fun to see her and Pattinson's career trajectory coming at the same time. Just goes to show actors shouldn't be defined by lesser movies. If this movie is as good as it looks, she's gonna be on a new level in her career that not every actor gets.

I even get Jodie Foster vibes from her. Ironic considering she played her daughter in Panic Room!

Last edited:
Even though it was just a teaser, I really liked what I saw.

Wanted to hear more of Stewart’s accent.

Teaser is well put together, but Diana had advanced Oscar buzz too so well see.

Loved the teaser and happy to hear all the praise for Stewart. She’s proven herself an incredibly capable actress and really deserves to be put out of the shadow of Twilight. I really think she’s going to do a great job here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"