1,2 Freddy's coming for you: Welcome to the elm street thread

I've seen the Nightmare movies in this order: 2, 4, 5, 3, 1, Freddy's Dead, New Nightmare and FvJ.

Freddy' Dead and FvJ I saw in theaters.

From the rumors that have been flying around,New Line is getting rid of the prequel and FvJ 2 idea and just trying to make a entirely new Elm Street movie. As long as it isn't a remake then I'm very happy.:yay: Halloween,Friday the 13th,Hellraiser,Child's Play,Texas Chainsaw....all these movies have been,or will be remade. Being a HUGE Krueger fan since 1987,I'm glad to see that Elm Street is staying away from this trend(so far,anyway).
Personally,I would have loved a prequel. It would have to be a very dark thriller. Kinda like "Silence of the Lambs," but with Fred Krueger instead of Hannibal Lector. No flashbacks of Krueger as a kid though. Pick up the film when he's in his 20's or 30's and he begins his murders.
A Freddy vs. Jason 2 would've been alot of fun too,I think. If they can keep the action from the first movie,but improve the dialogue and acting(and make it more scary),then it would've rocked. I could see Pinhead involved. After all,both Freddy and Jason escaped from hell. Who better to bring them back? I think that Ash being in it could've worked too. I had the idea of Freddy trying to use the Book of the Dead to not only re-enter the world stronger than before,but to totally punish Jason. Imagine Freddy using the book to possess the trees or campers at Crystal Lake to attack Jason. Wicked. Krueger could even possess himself to become stronger. In FvJ we had demon Freddy,but for part 2 we could have Evil Dead Freddy!
Well,I want to see a new Elm Street film soon. Before we know it Robert Englund will be too old to play the part,and I know how alot of fans are about anyone else playing Freddy. So,let's start making some while Robert's still around to do it.

You are right only Englund could play the Freddy part. A new Elm Street needs to be made.

You are right only Englund could play the Freddy part. A new Elm Street needs to be made.
Well,I go against alot of other Krueger fanatics. I think that Robert IS Freddy and will always be,BUT...I wouldn't mind seeing someone else play him in the future. Yeah,he probably wouldn't be as good as Robert,but who would? However,I'd rather have another person play Freddy than no Freddy at all. When Robert dies or quits acting I don't want Fredy to die or go with him. I wanna see more movies and such!

Well,I go against alot of other Krueger fanatics. I think that Robert IS Freddy and will always be,BUT...I wouldn't mind seeing someone else play him in the future. Yeah,he probably wouldn't be as good as Robert,but who would? However,I'd rather have another person play Freddy than no Freddy at all. When Robert dies or quits acting I don't want Fredy to die or go with him. I wanna see more movies and such!

Yes, because with Robert alive they are making so many Freddy movies.

Yes, because with Robert alive they are making so many Freddy movies.

Like I said,New Line needs to wake up. Robert won't be around forever. FvJ was such a huge hit and after that...nothing. Hell,we aren't even getting a new Jason film untill next year,and that's Jason! Freddy pretty much built New Line Cinema into what they are today.

If Enguld becomes too old or dies, I would like someone else in the role maybe in a remake starting with the origin. I would like half the movie to deal with Freddy pre death killing kids. I would have him appear as a nice humble man in front of neighbors but behind closed doors he would be a child raping murderer. Other half deals with him haunting peopls dreams, but like part 1 I would keep Freddy in the shadows to give him more of that errie feeling. In a remake I would also have Freddy about to kill Nancy when she was 4 years old, now years later Freddy wants to kill her again.

If Enguld becomes too old or dies, I would like someone else in the role maybe in a remake starting with the origin. I would like half the movie to deal with Freddy pre death killing kids. I would have him appear as a nice humble man in front of neighbors but behind closed doors he would be a child raping murderer. Other half deals with him haunting peopls dreams, but like part 1 I would keep Freddy in the shadows to give him more of that errie feeling. In a remake I would also have Freddy about to kill Nancy when she was 4 years old, now years later Freddy wants to kill her again.

exactly - 100% agree, like RZ's HALLOWEEN...

Robs halloween was terrible though.....I would like a remake..

i dug rob's halloween and loved the concept even more. i own the dvd... but i dont wanna get into another RZ HALLOWEEN VS JC HALLOWEEN... im just saying a prequel/remake would be best.

though a sequel would be tight also...

I liked RZ Halloween, he didn't try to copy JC Hallowen, it was different.

I'd like to see classic horror movie icons like Freddy Krugger have remakes but with more character development for the victims rather then the villain nor neither. I'd like them to make them a bit like Cloverfield where they make the monsters truly terrifying instead of finding new and creative ways to kill people off as the foe struts about.

I really like that dark and angry Freddy from the original,but I also love the Krueger from part 3:Dream Warriors. He said a few one liners in that one,but never went over the top like in the upcoming sequels. I found him to be creepy as hell and you could still see he was pissed because of the painful ways he killed the remaining Elm Street kids. You don't always have to hide in the dark to be scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"