10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE] V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, Rosenbaum's head is looking like a ET!

oENu2.jpg

fRBgc.jpg

Bad ass. I wish Lex had more scenes

I'm a little more convinced after watching the end of Dominion that Clark may face off against Ollie again, or at least have to see Ollie make a decision that would force him to fight and rid himself of the darkness. I think there was an interview from a while ago where Hartley said he would play a role in defeating Darkseid.

And that's what I've always been worried about since that interview. We'll see how it goes. I still hope it doesn't turn out to be Ollie possessed by Darkseid. If Darkseid doesn't have physical form I will be ok with it, but not using Ollie as a vessel. I'm just not ok with that at all.

Yeah, it’s all wrapped up really, really nicely – and it sort of sets their romance apart from what you’ve read in the comics.
You’re not going to watch it and go, “Oh, this doesn’t make any sense because of what I’ve read in the comics.” It’s a separate story that allows the comics to breathe kind of their own life. It’s not something that contradicts all the mythology.
Someone want to tell me how that works at all?
I'm totally not getting how that works.

Unless the end is basically a grand universal collapse, it's going to contradict the mythos.
Saying it won't makes zero sense unless the end of Smallville contradicts everything they've shown.

Seriously, someone tell me what that means.

If Superboy Prime shows up and punches reality, or Clark becomes Superboy Prime, it's going to contradict the mythos regardless.

It would be like Superman using a gun. It's only happened in a few Elseworlds tales, but it's still not kosher.

Seriously, Rosenbaum's head is looking like a ET!

You've never seen an ET, and some people just have a big head.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/smallville-series-finale-preview-photos/

“It’s safe to say that there are highs and lows in the finale,” Smallville executive producer Kelly Souders tells me. Teasing what’s to play out in the two-hour series-ender, she says, “We are very appreciate of the fans who have stuck through this longer than most marriages last, so we want to deliver payoff as best as we possibly can. At the same time, we have to be pushing off to when Clark really becomes Superman, and his final showdown on Smallville

“It’s safe to say that there are highs and lows in the finale,” Smallville executive producer Kelly Souders tells me. Teasing what’s to play out in the two-hour series-ender, she says, “We are very appreciate of the fans who have stuck through this longer than most marriages last, so we want to deliver payoff as best as we possibly can. At the same time, we have to be pushing off to when Clark really becomes Superman, and his final showdown on Smallville

What kind of a showrunner admits there are highs AND lows in a series finale? :whatever: Or what exactly did she mean by that? Highs and lows as far as quality is concerned, or as far as what the characters go through in it?

I think she's talking about highs and lows for the characters.

What kind of a showrunner admits there are highs AND lows in a series finale? :whatever: Or what exactly did she mean by that? Highs and lows as far as quality is concerned, or as far as what the characters go through in it?

i definitely think they are referring to having happy and sad moments, not about quality. it's going to be touching, sentimental, with fighting involved. while i still think tom welling doesn't want to play superman (nor did he ever lol), i think he wants to do the characters justice and appease the fans. i think the finale will have lois and clark getting married and then either lois will get mind wiped or die and the alternate earth lois will come to metropolis. i think jonathan from the au is going to help clark in the finale but ultimately the end will have jor el telling clark how proud he is that he completed his training and is ready to be earth's savior. i think we're going to see welling flying over metropolis then smallville and then do the fly away with the smile. the flying will last about ten seconds because at first its going to be a blur then start slowing down for a five second flyby/smile.

What kind of a show runner admits there are highs AND lows in a series finale? :whatever: Or what exactly did she mean by that? Highs and lows as far as quality is concerned, or as far as what the characters go through in it?

I think Kelly is referring to the high happy moments and the low sad moment that will occur throughout the finale for the characters before Superman's grand debut.

I thought it was pretty clear she was talking about "highs and lows" for the characters.

Legion of Doom = Awesome :D

I think it'l be case of them having a brief appearance to show there are threats still out there

the villains around the table include Solomon Grundy, Dark Archer, Roulette, Black Manta, Captain Cold, and Metallo

“It’s safe to say that there are highs and lows in the finale,” Smallville executive producer Kelly Souders tells me. Teasing what’s to play out in the two-hour series-ender, she says, “We are very appreciate of the fans who have stuck through this longer than most marriages last, so we want to deliver payoff as best as we possibly can. At the same time, we have to be pushing off to when Clark really becomes Superman, and his final showdown on Smallville.”
It was a expression. "Some people", but not Michael Rosenbaum's past appearances on Smallville! :whatever:

as I said in the dominion thread; man welling really let himself go hes so skinny now and flabby he lost all his muscle justin looks bigger than him muscle wise wow I'm kinda sad he'll finally be superman but he will look like some dude off the street in a returns Halloween costume. I wish he stayed as big as he was in the whole lana being a witch season he had the perfect superman body then now he has little muscle and no definition his pecks are man boobs now its just disapointing. As for lex they did as best a job they can do for the bald cap but since I'm a makeup fx artist I see the edge clear as day without a hd close up but I'll ignore it hopefully the finale wont feel rushed like the last few episides have been

@66
There are ways and means to disguise a bit of flab here and there if necessary. However, I'd much prefer if Tom Welling made sure he was in good physical shape for the finale, because that suit don't hide much does it?

How can Welling be skinny and flabby at the same time?

if you lose alot of muscle from simply not working out and get thin any muscle that was big i.e his chest will still be big but turn into man boobs or loose skin with no muscle tone under it think how kids are skinny but have lose skin if you pull on it thats what i mean by flabby

Johnny, before you start throwing eye-rolling smileys, at least get it right.

made it especially for you guys :yay: ready for the finale?

smallville2.jpg

I have to say it's going to be extremely underwhelming if Clark's flight isn't on par with the fourth season premiere. And, with the quality of the show's effects going down the drain, I really doubt it will be anywhere near that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"