15 Minutes 15 Minutes with Erzengel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shemtov asks:

You're a Star Wars fan; does that mean you hate Star Trek and its fans?

No I think they can be as geeky as Star Wars fans. And I really liked the most recent Star Wars movies. I have seen a good amount of the Star Wars movies. I use to watch TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Even saw an episode or 2 of Enterprise.

I just don't get into it as much as Star Wars, maybe because I like the fantasy and mysticism more than the, let's reroute the warp core to emit a negative galvatron pulse.

Do you like sheep?
Like to use to wear or to have sex with? More of the former and less of the latter.

Where did you get your tie-fighter tagline? Did you see it somewhere? Or is it an original idea?

Favorite disney villain?

Favorite disney princess?

Who would be your wrestling tag team partner, dead or alive?

Fave song from a musical?

Whats the most cringeworthy moment in the star wars movies (and you cannot say 'the whole of Episode one)?

Would you stop, collaborate and listen if ice was back with his brand new invention?

Do you like pina colada?

What about getting caught in the rain?

Is your day still dragging?

What does your username actually mean (wondered this for a while)?

Is it good Friday in the USA, i ask because you celebrate Mothers day months after us in the uk?

Any idea what color postman pat's cat is?

Mario Karts or Sonic Karts?

Favorite superhero?

Favorite Superhero movie?

Last time you hit someone (with the intention of hurting them)?

How many men women have you slept with?

Do you see the glass half full or half empty?

What was the last lie you told?

A genie gives you 3 wishes (you cannot ask for more genies or more wishes) what are they?

Tell us something about yourself that may shock us?

You know those women with hairy chins, why don't they shave it?

How often do you work out?

Are you a good dancer?

So, when are we going to do that thingy we've been talking about... you know, taking over the Hype and whatnot.

Marx asks:
Where did you get your tie-fighter tagline? Did you see it somewhere? Or is it an original idea?

I actually saw it on some sort of USERNET message group, some alt.starwars or something along those lines.

It's funny but I never saw it anywhere else so I kept it. It's like America. Sure we should have named it after the Vikings but hey.....

ComicChick asks:
Favorite disney villain?

I think it has to be a tie between Jeremy Irons as Scar and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. The reason I say Scar is because Irons brought a regalness to the character as well as a manipulative, and sinister demeanor. Gaston was just loveably arrogant. Hey and you wonder why I chose him. :o

Favorite disney princess?
Belle - You would think red hair and green eyes like Ariel or blonde and blue eyes like Cinderella but I guess Belle was always the type of girl that I always went for.

Who would be your wrestling tag team partner, dead or alive?
Ghandi - I just have a feeling when I reached over and gave him the tag, he'd hulk out on whomever we were facing and use the power of Ghandimania to run wild on them.

Fave song from a musical?
All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera

It's pretty. :o And for a song like that to outrank songs sang by the Phantom, at least for me, makes it such an outstanding song.

i approve of Belle (she's my favorite)

and All I Ask of You sure is a purdy song :up:

B.A. Baracus asks:
Whats the most cringeworthy moment in the star wars movies (and you cannot say 'the whole of Episode one)?

LukeLeiaKiss.jpg

Would you stop, collaborate and listen if ice was back with his brand new invention?
Only if grabbed a hold of me daily and nightly.

Do you like pina colada?
I actually don't like pina colada's because mostly I'm not on a beach or a cruise right now and I have a penis.

What about getting caught in the rain?
I think this song is effed up. You're all like oh ha ha, we answered each other's ads and forget the fact that they were going to cheat on each other.

Is your day still dragging?
I'm home now so it's fine.

What does your username actually mean (wondered this for a while)?
Erzengel - Archangel

Archangel of the X-Men was one of my favorite characters. The whole blue and pink outfit with the metal wings when he was with X-Factor/newly formed X-Men in the 90s. Well then, when I was trying to pick a username for AOL, my friend was writing a character and used a German word for it. Since I'm part German and didn't want to be Archangel2234324, I chose Erzengel.

Is it good Friday in the USA, i ask because you celebrate Mothers day months after us in the uk?
Today is Good Friday, but it's not always on April 22. Mother's Day this year is May 8 and it's usually the first Sunday in May.

Any idea what color postman pat's cat is?
Black and white with like green eyes.

Mario Karts or Sonic Karts?
AAAAAAA....it'sa mee Mario.

Favorite superhero?
Batman

I think it was because of TAS - BB - JLU, Year One, Dark Knight Returns and lastly the Grant Morrison series of JLA which Batman being such a badass in it.

Favorite Superhero movie?
Animated - Batman Mask of the Phantasm, which I consider still the best representation of Batman. Sorry Batgeeks.

Live Action - Spider-Man 2 I really liked the themes of this one and it gave a lot of character depth to Peter Park/Spider-Man.

Last time you hit someone (with the intention of hurting them)?
Does it count when you've been with someone who like to be smacked? :huh:

How many men women have you slept with?
Even though I'm quite the Ladies' man. I've only been with/interested in like half a dozen women since college.

Do you see the glass half full or half empty?
I'm more optimistic than pessimistic.

What was the last lie you told?
I told someone that I had to leave work early because of house stuff, but the real reason was because we had dinner reservations and Spider-Man broadway tickets for an anniversary.

A genie gives you 3 wishes (you cannot ask for more genies or more wishes) what are they?
You know I'll play along and won't wish for world peace or something like that.

1 is to be financially stable for myself and everyone I care about.
2 is to have a job as a voice actor in either a cool animated show or a video game series
3 is a wish I keep just in case of an emergency

Tell us something about yourself that may shock us?
I've been telling people here that I'm German and Filipino but I'm actually 1/4 German and 3/4 Filipino. Dun dun.

You know those women with hairy chins, why don't they shave it?
I told a story here, I was at an airport and this really attractive girl and I started talking. Sunlight hits her face and she has really fine hair on her sides of her face and her forehead. I was disturbed.

How often do you work out?
I use to go a couple times a week, but I got out of it when my gym closed and then we moved. Now we are looking to buy some equipment but in the meantime I want to join a gym again.

Are you a good dancer?
No not at all.

knowsbleed asks:

So, when are we going to do that thingy we've been talking about... you know, taking over the Hype and whatnot.

We have to rally the Asians together. You contact DorkFresh and I'll get Anita.

Time to initiate Project Rising Sun.

You can have my scaled set. Vader, Obi-Wan, Mace, Maul, Fett and Luke. :up:
Well out of those i have Obi-Wan, Maul and Luke :csad:. I was shamelessly aiming at the bigger stuff :o. This reminds me i owe u some pics, so i'll try and get those taken today :woot:

whats the last book you read? graphic novels/comics don't count

recommend a book to us.

show us one of your favorite comic covers

Favorite comic book?

Favorite comic book character?

Since alot of stuff is getting remade and rebooted, what would you NOT want to see get rebooted/remade

If you could have dinner with 5 historical figures who would they be? how about fictional characters?

If you could see 5 historical events what would they be?

ComicChick asks:
whats the last book you read? graphic novels/comics don't count

They had a library on the ship I was just on back in March. And I took out a book to read at the beach or on the chairs on deck.

It was Timothy Zahn's, Star Wars: Outbound Flight which was a prequel to the Zahn Heir to the Empire novels from the the 90s. Set up Thrawn and C'Boath. Interesting but I wasn't as impressed as much.

recommend a book to us.
The book I read before that was Death Troopers. It combines something I love with something I fear. Star Wars and Zombies. Nice little twist half way through the novel. You don't have to know any other Star Wars book so it's easy to get involved.

show us one of your favorite comic covers
dark_knight_returns1.jpg

6334701_1.jpg

13404.jpg

1.18.11-X-Men-1-Jim-Lee-TS.jpg

Last edited:
when was the last time you broke the law?

tell us something you'd like to cross off your bucket list in the near future

what's the coolest piece of fanboy memorabilia you own? (comic, figure,etc)

Leroy Green or Sho'Nuff?

weirdest thing you ever ate?

what was your first word?

ever had a broken bone? if so, how?

Alchemyst asks:
Favorite comic book?

I kinda got out of comics because I have new expenses associated with a house and every little bit counts. :o

I like a lot of the Batman books, was reading the new one with Dick and Damien as Batman and Robin. I also was really into the Invincible comics. I loved the JLA comics especially the ones with Batman. I have a lot of those TPBs.

I was big into the X-Men in the 90s but kinda fell off that years ago.

Favorite comic book character?
Batman. But that was a mixture of the movies, TPB, Year One and Dark Knight Returns.

I do really like Cyclops of the X-Men, I think I've always been a fan of the consummate leader. Which is why I like Optimus Prime, Lion-O, etc. I like when he's portrayed as a genius strategist and of course, the romantic in me wants him back with Jean even though his relationship with Emma is very interesting.

Since alot of stuff is getting remade and rebooted, what would you NOT want to see get rebooted/remade
My biggest fear is someone trying to redo Star Wars and using this generations example. Ashton Kutcher as Han, Hayden Panettierre as Leia and Zach Effron as Luke. Something like that would make me wake up screaming.

Shemtov asks
If you could have dinner with 5 historical figures who would they be?

As long as it was full disclosure?
Ghandi, Elizabeth I, Thomas Jefferson, Marco Polo and Julius Ceasar.

how about fictional characters?
Batman, House, Optimus Prime, Yoda and Indiana Jones.

If you could see 5 historical events what would they be?
Building of the Pyramids
Building of the Great Wall of China.
Sinking of the Titanic
Signing of the Declaration of Independence
Discovery of America, either by the Vikings, Columbus, Vespucci

ComicChick asks:
when was the last time you broke the law?

Probably a speeding one or talking on a cell phone. Luckily I have a PBA card here given by friends so I get out of tickets.

tell us something you'd like to cross off your bucket list in the near future
Visit Hawaii.

what's the coolest piece of fanboy memorabilia you own? (comic, figure,etc)
It doesn't get cooler than Vader's lightsaber or Han's blaster.
P2100958.jpg

Leroy Green or Sho'Nuff?
Sho'nuff: Alright, Leroy, who is the one and only master?
Leroy Green: I am.

Exactly Leroy Green.

weirdest thing you ever ate?
I am a very picky eater. That being said. I didn't even eat fish (I know Asian) until a few years ago. I think the weirdest thing I ever ate was Beef Wellington which has a liver pate in it. Ignorance is bliss because I didn't know what it was until after I ate it. Suffice to say I don't think I'll ever eat it again.

what was your first word?
I think my mom said it was probably Mama.

ever had a broken bone? if so, how?
The only thing that was ever broken was my heart. :o

What is your biggest regret?

You know that Ariel has blue eyes and not green, right? :o

Do you and Erzette have a wedding date set?

Who are people in the internets that you could see yourself actually hanging out with/being friends with?

What made you get into engineering/what about it interests you?

How did you propose to Erzette?

AndThePickles asks:

What is your biggest regret?

I don't have one. :)

I know that sounds like a cop out but I've always felt that we learn more from our mistakes than our successes some times. Or that sometimes he leads you in the direction you need to go in.

The girl that I liked once upon a time, because I was too shy to put the moves on her became the girl who's husband made Erzette's ring. If we got together and had a horrible break up, or it could have led me to not meet her.

Maybe I'm being too existential. :o But, I like who I am right now, and everything that's lead me to be this way. :)

You know that Ariel has blue eyes and not green, right? :o
Heh. Well for a while I didn't realize Snow White had brown eyes. Was watching that on cable the other day. Maybe I'm thinking about the actress in the broadway show. :o

Do you and Erzette have a wedding date set?
We are heading for a venue next week. I thought we had down to 2 places, although she is trying to throw in a 3rd one to look at. Hopefully we will know soon.

Who are people in the internets that you could see yourself actually hanging out with/being friends with?
I could see myself being good friends with someone like Babs, Max, Daisy, Lackey from the other site. Here I think I'd get along with someone like Marx, TOB, Anita, Knowsbleed, Fire.

What made you get into engineering/what about it interests you?
My father.

He kinda "pushed" me towards Engineering because I was undecided. I was actually thinking of possibly going into Physical Therapy but surprisingly my guidance counselor talked me out of it.

I'm good with science and numbers so it was kind of a natural fit.

I'm not passionate about Engineering but I do get that feeling of satisfaction when I put something together or make something "work" in terms of developing a piece of land making sure the site grades a certain way or all the extra water that I created gets put somewhere. (Extra water as in, when you convert a grassed area into a parking lot, rain water that usually seeped into the ground now has to be put somewhere.)

How did you propose to Erzette?
You know I don't think I've ever told that story online before. So here it goes. I'll try and be concise.

I was looking for an engagement ring for months. She admired a ring from Tiffany's. Now I thought the best way to get her that ring was to have it made, because at Tiffany's, you are paying for the name.

So I looked in the Caribbean, and a local Jewelry store and was about to look into Diamond dealers in NYC until I started looking online. Eventually, I remembered the girl I use to like, married a Gemologist. So he helped me find a ring, and did the setting for me at pretty much under cost.

They also convinced me to make a night of it and not just go into NYC propose and come back home. So the night before I went into NYC after work with an overnight bag for the both of us. I went and picked up the ring from the Gemologist.

The next day we went into NYC to watch her favorite Opera (Turandot). I still wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I was wearing the ring around my neck on a necklace because I was paranoid that she'd see the ring box in my pocket or it'd fall out.

I took her to one of our favorite restaurants.
C317258A375DFD8DF7139DD4FF738.jpg

At dinner, she asked me what necklace I had on (she and my sister both got me a cross), she reached into my collar and pulled out the necklace, ring attached.

Her first reaction, "You have got to be kidding me." Which from later on, I found out some women's first response is not always the most romantic.

I got on one knee and proposed and she said yes. We then spent the night there where they upgraded us to a suite. Everything pretty much worked out for me that day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back