2008 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but they are too dumb to trade down. They could get by with a good vet backing up the kid they had playing and probably get one of the big 3 coming out next year.

LOL you don't get it.

Its not easy to trade the first round pick, its not as simple as it is in Madden.

Also, what vet would you pick up? The top Free Agent QB's this year are:
Matt Cassell - FRANCHISE
Kurt Warner - Probably will be resigned
Kerry Collins - Won't go to the Lions
Dan Orvolosky - Wait...he sounds familiar.

Jake Delhomme won't go to Detroit either if he gets cut, McNabb will go to Chicago, Favre won't go to Detroit, etc. etc.

The Lions have several needs, but no need is greater than QB.

Trading down to 3 would be ideal, but I don't think it will happen. The Lions are already at an ideal situation with picks with two first rounders and the first pick in the second round.

Stafford, I think, can help sooner than Sanchez and sooner than any other QB in this draft. He has spent the last 7 years in a Pro-Style offense, he is athletically gifted in size and strength, he has the arm of a Pro QB and he doesn't have any mental or character redflags.

Stafford is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, IMO.

If I was drafting for Detroit my first pick would be Stafford, 1-20 would be OT Jason Smith from Baylor and 2-1 on a defensive player, or if Smith's not there a DE like Michael Johnson in the first and the 2-1 on an Offensive Lineman.

If they get stafford , and if he is great as a rookie, IF. They will still not do anything because the offensive line on that team is not good. The lions have no one great at QB and eventually need to get one i agree. They would be wasting a pick on stafford and getting him hurt or his ego hurt and the media against him because he underperformed as a rookie going to the worst team in the league. If they do draft him they should sit him a couple years.

Ok, Bowls are all over, Awards have been handed out. So Close Thread, Make New One and such

If they get stafford , and if he is great as a rookie, IF. They will still not do anything because the offensive line on that team is not good. The lions have no one great at QB and eventually need to get one i agree. They would be wasting a pick on stafford and getting him hurt or his ego hurt and the media against him because he underperformed as a rookie going to the worst team in the league. If they do draft him they should sit him a couple years.

But again, you can get a starting offensive lineman in a later pick - like 1-20 or 2-1. Or in the Free Agency. There is no other choice at QB in this draft or in the Free Agency and since the need for both are equal passing Stafford for an Andre Smith (who I don't like that much anyway) is foolish.

You know which type of Franchises that pass on Franchise QB's? The ones that fail.

But again, you can get a starting offensive lineman in a later pick - like 1-20 or 2-1. Or in the Free Agency. There is no other choice at QB in this draft or in the Free Agency and since the need for both are equal passing Stafford for an Andre Smith (who I don't like that much anyway) is foolish.

You know which type of Franchises that pass on Franchise QB's? The ones that fail.
The Miami Dolphins?

2007 NFL Draft 1st round pick: Ted Ginn Jr :hehe:

These days, you've got to do everything yourself. [/Joker]

Closing. The '09 thread gets made when J gets off his lazy butt :cmad:

Uhh, I was kinda waiting for all the early entrants/draft talk to go away.

Impatience is such a pedestrian trait. :o

It's a funny world we live in. :hoboj:

Uhh, I was kinda waiting for all the early entrants/draft talk to go away.

Impatience is such a pedestrian trait. :o

It's a funny world we live in. :hoboj:

Fine, do what you want :cmad:

*open*

Come on, open or closed. Make up your mind, fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"