Next season NCAA Football

The Green Goblin said:
Hard to beat the Hedges :up:

Too bad Ga and Clemson don't play every year like they used too.

Yea,I try to go to a Georgia game every once in awhile and yea,its a great stadium!

We would kick Georgia's butt,:) (sorry normin)

I was at GTech's field last year when Clemson played them.

StorminNorman said:
One man an offense doesn't make. - This statement is normally true, however Vince Young was the offense. The rushing attack depended on Young, the Passing attack depended on Young. Hell the defense, special teams and coaching staff depended on Young for the simple fact that he was the energy and spirit of UT. Young was to Texas as Michael Vick is to Atlanta, do they have talent surrounding him? Yes. Are they near the team with out him? Hell No.

Great you have 4 running backs who had 400 yard seasons, only one can touch the ball at a time and they will have a much harder time now that the D no longer has to worry about the double threat of Young.

National Championship teams who loose the foundation of their teams are rarely ranked number one come the next year, unless they have proven themselves constantly - Texas will be ranked in the top 5, but not number 1.
No, Ds don't have to worry about Young's double threat, but I might add that Ramonce Taylor was getting comparison's to Reggie Bush, and he was only a Freshman last year. Colt McCoy may not be as good of a runner as Vince was, but he's not slow either.

StorminNorman said:
I to, really like Pete Caroll as a coach (I do not like USC though much at all).

The fact is that 2006 is a New Year, and the Texas team that will take the field in September is much different than the one that took the field last January - the team taking the field this year IS NOT the best team in the country- the polls will reflect that. LSU was not ranked number one in 2004, Ohio State was not ranked number 1 in 04, etc.

Much different? Returning 16 out of 22 starters is VASTLY different. Yes, one of those was the best player on the team but its not like some schools that are losing 9 of 11 defensive starters.

StorminNorman said:
It does? I think the argument is very sound - how can a team be called the "Greatest Team Ever" if one can not even claim being the "Greatest Team this Year"? And how is it proper for ESPN - whose job is to offer fair analysis of the games - to dub one team "the Greatest Team Ever" the week before the National Championship Game? It was unprofessional by ESPN.

This I do agree with. It showed how obviously biased towards USC ESPN was before the game.

Darth Elektra said:
Notre Dame has allways a very tough schedule, I think they have one of the hardest this year, USC deserved everything!

ND played Pitt, Mich, MSU, Wash(they went what 2-10),Purdue, USC, BYU, Tenn, Navy, Syracuse, Stanford. I wouldn't say that is a very tough schedule, the hardest game they had was against USC. Their schedule was full of teams that had preseason hype then came into the regular season and did nothing.Then when they played OSU in fiesta bowl you could see how overrated they were.

Well last years schedule wasnt that tough especially since Tennessee wasnt that good but this year they have one of the toughest schedules.

the thing i love about the au-uga rivalry is that (for the most part) the fans are friendly to each other, unlike with au and bama were we just hate each other

lol... I sorta know what you mean, The rivally between SC and Clemson, the fans hate each other and they want even talk to one another.

Green Lantern said:
No, Ds don't have to worry about Young's double threat, but I might add that Ramonce Taylor was getting comparison's to Reggie Bush, and he was only a Freshman last year. Colt McCoy may not be as good of a runner as Vince was, but he's not slow either.

Much different? Returning 16 out of 22 starters is VASTLY different. Yes, one of those was the best player on the team but its not like some schools that are losing 9 of 11 defensive starters.

I am not saying that Texas is crap, in fact just the opposite - I believe they are a great team and and have them ranked in the top 5. However with the talent they lost I dont see how they can be ranked number 1. Schools that lose 9 of 11 defensive starters probably will not be in the top 25, like wise when Texas loses such important players as Vince Young on Offense, and Michael Huff on D - I believe it knocks them down a spot or two. I have them ranked 3rd or 4th I believe.

Darth Elektra said:
lol... I sorta know what you mean, The rivally between SC and Clemson, the fans hate each other and they want even talk to one another.

The funny thing - and one that makes the Auburn/UGA rivalry even more incredible - is that Southern College Football fans tend to make every game a heated rivalry. I know there are very very hard feelings when UGA and USCar play. I have only seen 3 SEC teams be treated with respect in Athens - Vanderbilt, Auburn and Alabama. USC, LSU, UT - it can get ugly.

StorminNorman said:
I am not saying that Texas is crap, in fact just the opposite - I believe they are a great team and and have them ranked in the top 5. However with the talent they lost I dont see how they can be ranked number 1. Schools that lose 9 of 11 defensive starters probably will not be in the top 25, like wise when Texas loses such important players as Vince Young on Offense, and Michael Huff on D - I believe it knocks them down a spot or two. I have them ranked 3rd or 4th I believe.

So what do you think of Ohio St?

Stormin are you going to try and go to the SC game this year?

Yea,well 2 years ago Our Fans and football players got in a fight with SC fans and players, thankfully it was at Clemson so we kicked their butt,lol.

Darth Elektra said:
So what do you think of Ohio St?

They, like Texas, lost great talent. It will be very hard to replace those LB's they lose in the draft - but OSU has shown they can replace talent with talent. If OSU can replace defensive talent, and make up for their WR - I think they should have a solid 9-2 season. I think PSU wins the Big 10.

Darth Elektra said:
Stormin are you going to try and go to the SC game this year?

Yea,well 2 years ago Our Fans and football players got in a fight with SC fans and players, thankfully it was at Clemson so we kicked their butt,lol.

I always try to go to every UGA game, however in all practicallity I probably will not make it up to South Carolina. I live in Florida so it makes for a fairly long drive.

I remember that fight, it was a sign that Holtz was losing his edge at USC. To bad he has now lost his mind - why ESPN has him being one of their main analyst I dont know.

StorminNorman said:
The funny thing - and one that makes the Auburn/UGA rivalry even more incredible - is that Southern College Football fans tend to make every game a heated rivalry. I know there are very very hard feelings when UGA and USCar play. I have only seen 3 SEC teams be treated with respect in Athens - Vanderbilt, Auburn and Alabama. USC, LSU, UT - it can get ugly.

well everyone hates UT and bama, but when those 2 most hated teams in the sec get together, good lord, they HATE each other. maybe even more than bama hates and AU....na nm

war eagle!

Lol,main reason they played and fought was because of the basketball game that was played last night. They accused us of a face-masking penalty agianst thier QB.

StorminNorman said:
They, like Texas, lost great talent. It will be very hard to replace those LB's they lose in the draft - but OSU has shown they can replace talent with talent. If OSU can replace defensive talent, and make up for their WR - I think they should have a solid 9-2 season. I think PSU wins the Big 10.

PSU wins the big ten with an unproven QB in Morelli(a QB that still needs to learn their offense) but OSU has their entire offense returning except for Mangold and Santonio. That doesn't seem like very good logic, considering toward the end of the year OSU's offense was the star.

2006 season preview is starting on CFN.

Will Procter, He may be better than Charlie.

Charlie liked to stay in the pocket, 3 step back throw kinda of guy, But Will likes to move around alot,lol. He's been around for 4 years... He's a senior.

However Senior Willy Korn(5star QB) verbally commited so we should be doing good for the next couple of years.

You guys may think UCLA is screwed next year.
You are wrong.

Drew Olson had a great year last year but will be easily replaced by Ben Olson. Ben was the #1 QB coming out of high school. He served in a mormon mission so he is a 22 year old soph. He has great speed and a cannon for an arm.

Maurice Drew will be replaced by Chris Markey and Kalhil Bell. They proved they were worthy in The Sun Bowl combining for over 300 yards and two touchdowns. Plus we also have Chane "The Train" Moline coming in. He's a big bruiser.

We will dearly miss Marcedes Lewis.

For WR we got Junior Taylor coming back afet ra medical redshirt. Joe Cowan and Gavin Ketchum will be stars one day along with Brandon Breazeal (2 onside kicks retuned for TD's to win the Sun Bowl) and Marcus Everett.
We also have High School All American Terrence Austin coming in.

Next year we should be good.

The year after is really looking to be the year we make a run for the National Title.

We already hace three recruits.
Two of them had 'SCn their shortlist and one of them had Cal.

Go Bruins!

When did we say UCLA was screwed?

However I still think UCLA will be third in the conferance. Behind Cal and USC.

Wait did I just say it,lol.

Tangled Web said:
Next year we should be good.

The year after is really looking to be the year we make a run for the National Title.

Escuse you,lol.

Does Cal come to Your stadium?

Tangled Web said:

We already hace three recruits.
Two of them had 'SCn their shortlist and one of them had Cal.

Go Bruins!
Didn't you say this ALL LAST year?

Blade_fan1911 said:
PSU wins the big ten with an unproven QB in Morelli(a QB that still needs to learn their offense) but OSU has their entire offense returning except for Mangold and Santonio. That doesn't seem like very good logic, considering toward the end of the year OSU's offense was the star.

2006 season preview is starting on CFN.

but OSU losses the heart and sole of their Defense. Plus I am and will always be a JoePa guy.

It must be said - Georgia got the Running Back with the best name in the country:

Knowshon Moreno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"