• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Next season NCAA Football

TimDrake64x

Sidekick
Reaction score
i duno aboyt yall but i am really excited about next football season. here is my top 10 for the begining of mext year

1. Ohio State
2. Notre dame
3. Texas (hey they r still the champs even if vince is gone)
4. USC
5. Auburn (surprise i know but i think they can be incredible next year)
6. Penn State
7. Florida
8. Florida State
9. Cal
10. Michigan

what do yall think?

You have great teams on your list, but Notre Dame's ranking last year was on the basis of who their coach was.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Where's WVU on that list? Most analysts have them starting in the Top 3-5. They only lost one game last year and whooped Georgia in the Sugar Bowl... plus, they have almost all their offense coming back.

West Virginia University is going far next year.

Brian2887 said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Where's WVU on that list? Most analysts have them starting in the Top 3-5. They only lost one game last year and whooped Georgia in the Sugar Bowl... plus, they have almost all their offense coming back.

West Virginia University is going far next year.

I am a Dawg and I must say I was more impressed with WVU last year than I was with any team I saw - including Texas and USC. They were a damn good team and a young team at that, I have them as my NC favorite.

Ohio State lost to many key starters on D to be number one, sorry.
ND, a good pick - but one season does not make them a number 2 team IMO.
Texas, they also lost to much talent. Texas - Huff - Young = Sub Top 10 team.
USC is always a power house, and deserve a top 10 rating, but it will be intresting to see them replace the talent they lost.
Auburn, I think they are a top 10 team.
Penn State, I think low top 10 is possibly, but probably stretching it.
Florida, I am not sold on Chris Leak in Urban Meyers system. Sub Top 10 team.
Florida State, Not sold on QB position, but a possbily a low top 10 team.
Cal - not sold. Went 8-4 in the Pac 10 last year.
Michigan - ehh...they underachieved last year, I dont see how you can rank a team that ended the season out of the top 25 in the top 10.

My top 10:
1. West Virginia
2. USC
3. Notre Dame
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Florida
7. Texas
8. Penn State
9. LSU
10. Ohio State

Alpha and Omega said:
You have great teams on your list, but Notre Dame's ranking last year was on the basis of who their coach was.

and there is nothing wrong with that- Weis proved he is a fantastic coach.

:confused: No, I meant that their ranking was padded a little because of their coach's notoriety. I don't think they deserved to play in a BCS bowl, but the past is the past.

I think he'll really turn their program around though. His departure along w/ Crenells, took a little out of the Pats.

Brian was right though. WVU should be on your list. W/ almost every player returning, that team will be a legit contender next year.

Ohio State lost alot of Defenders that they will have to replace.

I think Cal deserves to be in the top 8, But at the moment Texas is number 1 followed by WVU and USC is third.

What about the ACC,who's the champs? my Clemson? I ofcourse have a bias opionion. lol.

Have you guys seen Notre Dames schedule? Its freakin hard no way they go undefeated... Here's there schedule:

Notre Dame
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 11-1
Barring total disaster worst case record: 7-5
Realistic record: 10-2
As always, give Notre Dame credit for trying to schedule a bunch of killers. The slate didn't look all that great last year with teams like Tennessee, Pitt, Purdue and Michigan State having so many problems, but that's not ND's fault. Once again things appear brutal early on considering the Spartans and Boilermakers should be better, but Penn State and Michigan have to come to South Bend. And then things open up in a big way with only three bowl teams over the final nine games with one of them against a Navy team that hasn't had a good half century against the Irish. Of course, everyone will be pumped up for the showdown at USC to finish things up, but a home game with UCLA could also be a lot of fun.

Sept. 2 at Georgia Tech
Sept. 9 Penn State
Sept. 16 Michigan
Sept. 23 at Michigan State
Sept. 30 Purdue
Oct. 7 Stanford
Oct. 14 OPEN
Oct. 21 UCLA
Oct. 28 at Navy (in Baltimore)
Nov. 4 North Carolina
Nov. 11 at Air Force
Nov. 18 Army
Nov. 25 at USC

Darth Elektra said:
I think Cal deserves to be in the top 8, But at the moment Texas is number 1 followed by WVU and USC is third.

What about the ACC,who's the champs? my Clemson? I ofcourse have a bias opionion. lol.

Cal went 8-4 last year in a sub-par Pac 10. Defend Cal as a top 10 team. Texas was Number one to end the season, but not number 1 to start - they lost their entire offense in Vince Young and a major D playmaker in Huff, no they are a top 5 team, not number one start of 06. WVU should be number 1. USC has proven to replace talent with talent and them ranked 3rd is quite reasonable.

Alpha and Omega said:
:confused: No, I meant that their ranking was padded a little because of their coach's notoriety. I don't think they deserved to play in a BCS bowl, but the past is the past.

I think he'll really turn their program around though. His departure along w/ Crenells, took a little out of the Pats.

Brian was right though. WVU should be on your list. W/ almost every player returning, that team will be a legit contender next year.

I was not criticizing your comments, only stating that ND's success was because of their coach. ND's ranking was padded not because Charlie Weis was their coach, but the fact that they are Notre Dame.

No love for Duke, come on their at least in the top 10. :D

Darth Elektra said:

Pac 10 - USC
Big 10 - Penn State
ACC - Miami
SEC - Georgia
Big East - WVU
Big 12 - Texas

punishermax said:

They deserve a top 10 ranking as much as Michigan does, I will give you that :) :o

StorminNorman said:
I was not criticizing your comments, only stating that ND's success was because of their coach. ND's ranking was padded not because Charlie Weis was their coach, but the fact that they are Notre Dame.

Very true. :(

The two together mean mass media attention for the sports darling alma mater.

PSU had a fairly young team this year. Combine that with a coach like Paterno and you have ingredients for success.

StorminNorman said:
They deserve a top 10 ranking as much as Michigan does, I will give you that :) :o

Nice. Don't be surprised if Wisconsin does very well in the Big 10 this year. Maybe thats just optimism on my part.

punishermax said:

Lol,well they dont play my Clemson Tigers so they may have a shot at winning a few games this year...

Sarcasm.

StorminNorman said:
Pac 10 - USC
Big 10 - Penn State
ACC - Miami
SEC - Georgia
Big East - WVU
Big 12 - Texas

Pac 10- Cal/USC
Big Ten- Ohio ST/Wisconsin
ACC- Clemson or Florida ST
SEC- LSU/ Aurburn
Big East-WVU
Big 12- Texas

:) :up:

Darth Elektra said:
Notre Dame

Sept. 2 at Georgia Tech
Sept. 9 Penn State
Sept. 16 Michigan
Sept. 23 at Michigan State
Sept. 30 Purdue
Oct. 7 Stanford
Oct. 14 OPEN
Oct. 21 UCLA
Oct. 28 at Navy (in Baltimore)
Nov. 4 North Carolina
Nov. 11 at Air Force
Nov. 18 Army
Nov. 25 at USC

There's no way ND goes undefeated.

I think Navy will be 7-0, with ND coming to Navy's house. ND should win the game though.

OK, I'm calling it now, (and hopefully Huskerwebhead shows up to back me)

the Huskers will crack the top ten...I see an upset of Texas in Lincoln, and from there the sky is the limit!

I'll reserve my statement until after I see the spring game. :) I do, however, think they'll surprise alot of people. In fact, I'm counting on people to be overlooking us a little...

StorminNorman said:
Cal went 8-4 last year in a sub-par Pac 10. Defend Cal as a top 10 team. Texas was Number one to end the season, but not number 1 to start - they lost their entire offense in Vince Young and a major D playmaker in Huff, no they are a top 5 team, not number one start of 06. WVU should be number 1. USC has proven to replace talent with talent and them ranked 3rd is quite reasonable.
Uh, one man an offense doesn't make. Was Vince the most important player on the offense? Yes. Was he the only one that mattered? No. We have FOUR running backs who rushed for over 400 yards last season coming back. That right there is grounds for a decent offense with or without a stud quarterback. I have fath in Colt.

StorminNorman said:
Pac 10 - USC
Big 10 - Penn State
ACC - Miami
SEC - Georgia
Big East - WVU
Big 12 - Texas

dude, no way georgia wins the sec

big ten- ohio state
acc- florida state
sec- auburn/flordia (that will be a very interesting game, they play each other during the season at auburn)
big east-wvu
big 12- oklahoma (watch adrian peterson have a better year than his freshman year and return the program to what it use to be)
pac10- cal

*surprise team of next season= bowling green, omar jacob's senior, watch out

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"