2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always found it weird that people are shocked that these kinds of fights happen in the NFL. This is a violent sport played by a huge number of violent people.

It isnt a surpise that Rudolph's instigation lead to Garret's outburst. Rudolph is a fake for looking straight at the referee after he gets hit by the helmet.

So you're saying that it's normal for another player to try to bash another players head in with their own helmet? I don't know what kind of football you're watching but it ain't any that I've ever watched

If I were any NFL team I would not give Kaepernick the time of day after the move he just pulled.

I don’t think any of them were going to give him the time of day, regardless

Raiders got another W. It wasn't pretty, but it's still a dub!

Crosby with 4 sacks and a strip fumble! Really showed up.

So you're saying that it's normal for another player to try to bash another players head in with their own helmet? I don't know what kind of football you're watching but it ain't any that I've ever watched

Not was what i implying. Its not normal under regular football conditions. However, if a QB provokes a dude who's made it his whole life's work to neutralize the position he plays, he shouldn't be surprised that that's the reaction he elicits.

Not was what i implying. Its not normal under regular football conditions. However, if a QB provokes a dude who's made it his whole life's work to neutralize the position he plays, he shouldn't be surprised that that's the reaction he elicits.

But again, name one other player who was aggravated by a quarterback that did anything like this. You never saw somebody take off John Randle to the point where he did anything like this, nor Reggie White, nor even Lawrence Taylor. So yes I think it's fair to say he should be surprised he elicited that reaction. I'm not saying Rudolph is blameless, but I am saying what happened was 100% ridiculous and there is no defense for it

But again, name one other player who was aggravated by a quarterback that did anything like this. You never saw somebody take off John Randle to the point where he did anything like this, nor Reggie White, nor even Lawrence Taylor. So yes I think it's fair to say he should be surprised he elicited that reaction. I'm not saying Rudolph is blameless, but I am saying what happened was 100% ridiculous and there is no defense for it

First, Myles Garrett should be suspended (this is in no way a defense).

Anyway, it doesn't have to be a quarterback. It just boils down to two opposing football players going at it. I might have not seen Randle, White or Taylor take off on someone. But I have seen the fights involving Johnson-Finnegan, Moss-Webster, Ramsey-Green, OBJ-Norman (which was way petty). Also, the scuffle involving Incognito where he got hit in the head with a helmet. And surprise, surprise, the dude who swung the helmet got suspended for just one week.

Again, to clarify, my point is the hypocrisy and pontification of people when criticizing the characters of players who play a violent game for our entertainment.

If I were any NFL team I would not give Kaepernick the time of day after the move he just pulled.

I mean this guy shows up to a private workout the NFL setup for him wearing A shirt with the name of a slave from a movie dealing with slavery and racism. Then You move the venue an hour away and only 7-8 team reps followed him and the rest rolled out. Then he gets on the mic and has some weird tirade about the league and he’s ready to play.

at some point Kap needs to realize if he wants back in the league he has to play nice and show the owners he won’t be A distraction. On Saturday he completely killed his chances and whoever in his inner circle who advising him needs to be fired

I mean this guy shows up to a private workout the NFL setup for him wearing A shirt with the name of a slave from a movie dealing with slavery and racism. Then You move the venue an hour away and only 7-8 team reps followed him and the rest rolled out. Then he gets on the mic and has some weird tirade about the league and he’s ready to play.

at some point Kap needs to realize if he wants back in the league he has to play nice and show the owners he won’t be A distraction. On Saturday he completely killed his chances and whoever in his inner circle who advising him needs to be fired
It's his girlfriend from what I'm hearing

First, Myles Garrett should be suspended (this is in no way a defense).

Anyway, it doesn't have to be a quarterback. It just boils down to two opposing football players going at it. I might have not seen Randle, White or Taylor take off on someone. But I have seen the fights involving Johnson-Finnegan, Moss-Webster, Ramsey-Green, OBJ-Norman (which was way petty). Also, the scuffle involving Incognito where he got hit in the head with a helmet. And surprise, surprise, the dude who swung the helmet got suspended for just one week.

Again, to clarify, my point is the hypocrisy and pontification of people when criticizing the characters of players who play a violent game for our entertainment.

Once again, there's a major difference between playing a violent game and trying to kill somebody potentially. This isn't gladiator combat. This is a game about tackling. Not about taking things off other people and bashing them with it. There is no universe where this is excusable. Just because they play a game where you throw some people down to the ground doesn't mean that we shouldn't be shocked when people try to murder each other with weapons. This is a 100% straw man argument and just flat out foolish to argue

yeah this is literally like one step away from being one of those people who when they hear about a player committing domestic violence they state" well what do you expect?"

that fight is crazy, i just kinda feel bad that no matter what, i feel like myles garrett will forever be known for this, regardless in whatever he does

Once again, there's a major difference between playing a violent game and trying to kill somebody potentially. This isn't gladiator combat. This is a game about tackling. Not about taking things off other people and bashing them with it. There is no universe where this is excusable. Just because they play a game where you throw some people down to the ground doesn't mean that we shouldn't be shocked when people try to murder each other with weapons. This is a 100% straw man argument and just flat out foolish to argue

strawman argument, indeed. from your end.

if you don't see this as an issue of the cottage industry of talking heads getting on their high horses over the incident, then that's on you. this type of incidents will not stop unless the people who start the fracas are penalized as much as the one who deals the "more violent" blow.

Just turns out Rudolph can't end things that he starts that's why Garrett gets vilified for his reaction.

Now for an example of unprovoked violence, the Haynesworth stomping incident resulted in just a 5 game suspension. Where was the uproar then?

strawman argument, indeed. from your end.

if you don't see this as an issue of the cottage industry of talking heads getting on their high horses over the incident, then that's on you. this type of incidents will not stop unless the people who start the fracas are penalized as much as the one who deals the "more violent" blow.

Just turns out Rudolph can't end things that he starts that's why Garrett gets vilified for his reaction.

Now for an example of unprovoked violence, the Haynesworth stomping incident resulted in just a 5 game suspension. Where was the uproar then?

I'm pretty sure there was an uproar over that. I remember that being a major talking point so that is a bad example. Again, you can end a fight without bashing somebody's brains in with a weapon. What Garrett did has absolutely no excuse. Like I said earlier you want to go shovin, you want to go jaw at him, or you want to go like tackling to the ground or something. That's something I could have understood. But trying to hit the guy with a weapon is taking the situation to another level and that is not a reasonable reaction nor is it a reaction that you see football players really ever doing. There is a reason that very very very few people who have played the sport professionally have come out in support of Myles Garrett. The only people voicing support for him here are people who have never played a down of football in their lives or at least since high school. So if you want to continue to be an internet warrior for him, then go right ahead. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But, like I said earlier, there is no excuse for what he did. None. Zero. Zip. And this is coming from a Browns fan. This argument you're making has absolutely no merit.

Last edited:
The rapid collapse of the QB Class of 2004 is upon us.

The rapid collapse of the QB Class of 2004 is upon us.

It was a great class that produced a few Super Bowls and soon 2008 will be over with matt Ryan and joe flacco. Crazy how quickly careers turn downward and players lose there talent

Raiders... what happened? What a blowout. Hopefully they can turn it around. The defense has always been weak, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

I guess we weren't expected to win more than 3 or 4 games this year anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"