21 Jump Street 2

I kinda like that they acknowledge in the new trailer the fact that they're doing the exact same case from part one. They're not going to attempt to tie it up in a nice bow and pretend and hope the audience don't notice it's the same plot.

The directing duo make it quite clear they're aware it's the same story. And from what we've seen from these guys this far, I'm sure they'll find a way to keep it interesting nevertheless.

Really can't wait to see this, loved the first movie. Gonna be great stuff like the first I'm sure

Hopefully Lord/Miller have another winner here. But it'll be hard for them to top The Lego Movie in my opinion. But this does look great.

My theater ate this up big time when they showed the trailer. Especially Tatum's "My name is Jeff" at the end. :lmao:

If I ever meet Tatum, I will shake his hand and say "I am sorry."

His comedic timing, and that voice. I can't even.

Its just the way he says it. Trying to pass for being Mexican. Basically it sounds funny. Well to me it does.

And without missing a beat Jonah Hill corrects it to Jefe.

Tatum nailed the timeframe in which to make that gag funny, waited the exact amount of a beat before saying it. he gets propsonn that alone.

Yea that was hilarious. Tatum and Hill have great chemistry together.

Thought Ice Cube really brought the laughs. hopefully he really has as much screentime as before

My friend saw this on the 29th, I couldn't make it sadly. He said it was great and it actually had a twist. My cinemark is doing a 21/22 double feature on the 12th. I might got to that seeing as both films are under 2 hours.

Some great early word from screenings today. Lots of better than the first comments.

[YT]jr1puz4pFnU[/YT]

IGN gave a review which makes me less hopeful :(. The general gist is that it's rehashing all the same stuff like jokes etc from 21 Jump Street except there's a much bigger budget. They're making it sound like that this is The Hangover 2 to The Hangover. :(. Nevertheless the chemistry between Tatum and Hill kept them entertained enough to give it 7/10.

It looked like a rehash. They were friends at the end of the last one. Why would they not be friends in this one?

The entire thing is basically lampshading the fact that it's the same concept.

Yeah, unlike Hangover 2 though, the writers/directors acknowledge the fact that its the exact same investigation and case.

They're not playing the audience for suckers. They're telling us from the get go that yeah...we're doing the same thing again.

And frankly, a 7/10 isn't a bad review.

there's a part in the trailer where ice cube says to hill and tatum that it's the same case and they should do the same damn thing. i think that sums up what phil lord and chris miller are going for with the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"