24: Live Another Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Edgar to return as the arch-nemesis behind it all, going so far as to even fake his own death. But there's a twist! He really works for...BEHROOZ!

Okay, if we are speculating about someone returning from the dead --- I choose, not Edgar --- but a twin sister of Renee Walker.

Renee seemed to have connections with Russians, and Jack at the end of the last series appeared to be going after the Russians who killed her --- so he meets up with her twin sister in Russia, who speaks the language perfectly and is a CIA agent. She knows about her sister's death, most likely attended the funeral and has a few issues with the criminal elements in Russia.

Far-fetched? Certainly! But Jack desperately needs to meet up with Annie Wersching again and find a happy conclusion at the end of a series.

It would be nice to see Jack have a bit of down-time between his heroics in saving his country and find a little peace on occasions.

It would be nice to see Jack have a bit of down-time between his heroics in saving his country and find a little peace on occasions.

Yeaaaah, that's probably not in the cards. :o

Yeah I know. But even Jason Bourne and James Bond got a little time to relax. Our Jack has been non stop through eight season.

Do I recall him having some down-time at the beginning of the television movie Redemption?

One, hopefully final, comment: If bringing back Annie Wersching is so far-fetched --- how far-fetched is the number of Presidents of the United States that Jack has been associating with for eight seasons?

How many were there?

So I wonder if Jack will be in America. Also, that guy at the end of Season 8 should partner with him, the guy who was played by Michael Madsen.

Do you guys remember that nameless organisation that Nina was working for, based in Europe? That'd be a cool thing.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/24-...-deal-with-20th-tv-joins-24-live-another-day/
’24′ Alum David Fury Signs Overall Deal With 20th TV, Joins ’24: Live Another Day’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Former 24 executive producer David Fury has closed a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television, the studio behind the Emmy-winning real-time Fox drama. Under the pact, Fury will become the first writer to join the upcoming Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, joining former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, who is behind the new installment. Additionally, Fury is working on the high-profile FX drama project Tyrant, executive produced by Gordon and produced by 20th TV’s cable division Fox 21. “We are huge fans of David at this studio and are thrilled to welcome him back,” 20th TV chairman Dana Walden said. “Howard Gordon has a short list of writers whom he relies on enormously, and David is one of them. He was hugely important to 24 over the course of its run, and bringing him back for Live Another Day was quite frankly a “no brainer.” David’s a great writer, and we think he’ll be valuable to us on not just the 24 event series, but other important projects like Fox 21′s Tyrant for FX.” During his stint on 24, WME-repped Fury shared in the series’ best series Emmy, as he did in the best drama Emmy for ABC’s Lost, where he served as co-executive producer and received a writing nomination for the episode Walkabout. He also served as co-executive producer on Fringe and executive producer on the 20th TV-produced Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
You're a bit behind, Deadline... :o

It says "two-year overall deal" - does this mean that two seasons have been signed for?

No, it means that he has a deal with FOX for two years. That doesn't mean anything for 24 just yet. If another limited series is greenlit, then he'd be involved, I'm sure, but nothing just yet.

Found the answer --- THERE WERE EIGHT PRESIDENTS, in some capacity --- now how unlikely is that, assuming each series was in a separate year?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Presidents-Fox-1018782.aspx

That's actually inaccurate. Each series was not in a separate year. There was anything from a one year gap to a 4 year gap between seasons. Now I give you, 8 presidents in a 14 year period is unrealistic, but its not like there was a new president each year.

Well, Tony is in prison.

If we can get anyone back...

I hope it is Audrey.

Nina being in prison didn't stop her return. Logan committing high treason didn't stop him from returning. Prison is a pretty small barrier to overcome in the 24-verse.

As for Audrey, why? She was such a boring character.

Nina being in prison didn't stop her return. Logan committing high treason didn't stop him from returning. Prison is a pretty small barrier to overcome in the 24-verse.

As for Audrey, why? She was such a boring character.

You shut your mouth!!

haha...kidding.
But really...Audrey and Jack are a team. You can't break em up.

Naked Mandy! and or a Naked Mandy clone! So let it be posted! So let it be done!

Where the hell have I been! I had no idea this was returning as a limited series! When I saw the photo at the licensing expo, I figured the movie was back up and running. I'm stoked either way.

Considering how the limited series format has allowed FOX to wrangle Matt Dillon and Melissa Leo for Wayward Pines, I wonder whether they might go for some bigger names for supporting cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"